Remember when discussing rap was always shunned on Sup Forums?

Remember when discussing rap was always shunned on Sup Forums?

remember when Sup Forums wasn't Sup Forums-lite?

Bitch nigga bitch nigga muthafucka
I'm so rich I own the club and fly in a jet muthafucka
Bitch nigga bitch nigga muthafucka
You're a racist coz I never knew muh dad muthafucka

Muh diq.

you can't even dislike a genre of music without some fag relating the point to the race largely behind it

fuck OFF fucking newfag

you have to go back

I've been on and off for 9 years, before Kanye west and death grips ruined this board and made way for rap acceptance to the shitfest that is modern Sup Forums

ok

>the virgin response

Did you take your dose of soy milk today yet?

Soyboy nu-mu fuck detected

That's beautiful, man

2009?

>before Kanye west and death grips ruined this board
no, it was kpop that ruined this board

remember when Sup Forums had taste?

yeah, fucking odd future ruined everything

no it wasn't, they stay in their general for god's sakes!

t. PJW

Soy has considerably less estrogen than cows milk?

no

>consuming soy
>consuming dairy

No.

metal was the true religion

And Anco.

I hate kpop, but at least those weebs tend to stay in their own general for the most part. It's the American 16 year olds who just discovered Sup Forums and want to talk about hip hop who are ruining Sup Forums, because they create hundreds of threads a day instead of sticking to one and have to bring politics into fucking everything.

I think any posts about music should be removed. We should have nothing but genre generals and stick to those when we want to discuss any specific artists or albums.

Yeah

Lol fucking soyboy

Oh God. That would be fucking horrible.
>Imaging the level of autism on /vg/ spilled into Sup Forums
You don't know what you ask of, user.

kek what's the youtube comments copypasta?
etc etc like this if you still listen to REAL music

Everyone's got a different opinion, but I prefer Electro House/Dubstep, ONLY if it's not the same 4 bars repeated endlessly for 5 minutes. That stuff's boring.

I also listen to Contemporary Christian rock every now and then when I find a song/album that I like.

I was just meming, that would be a terrible idea

2013 was probably the last year anyone who actually had taste visited this board.

>if you don't like rap music, you must be an evil racist from Sup Forums

nys you bitch ass nigga

if you entirely shut out a genre of music and are bothered by people talking about that genre of music then you're probably a very closed minded individual

>try to start rap discussion
>"no thanks user I don't like le ooga booga nigger music"
>ask why replyer is racist
>"OH SO YOU'RE RACIST FOR NOT LIKING ONE GENRE OF MUSIC NOW? blah blah soyboy blah blah"

It happens every time.

Been here since 2008, and no. At the very least, people on this board have always touted Nas, MF Doom, and DJ Shadow. Furthermore, it used to be more commonplace than it is now to ridicule people for dismissing whole genres of music. I do remember, however, when Sup Forums wasn't desperately trying to make "soyboy" catch on.

>Ooh muh Ambient Indie-Punk is going away
You can dislike the fan-base of hip hop, but if you're that close minded to dismiss the entire genre because of it, then you don't deserve to listen to music. This goes double for everyone in this thread.

Sup Forums has really stagnated these past few years, its taste shifted rapidly earlier on.

'09-'12 meme indeh reigned supreme, it was all about AnCo, Arcade Fire, Antlers, those sorts of bands. Basically anything p4kcore was hailed supreme.

However the memerap takeover started in 2010 with MBDTF and has never really slowed down.

Newer posters may find it hard to believe believe but back in '07 bands like Tool, Porcupine Tree, The Mars Volta, Mastodon and Opeth were respected. Sup Forums has gone to great lengths to disown them as neckbeardcore

Rapfags always fall back on the same meme: that people who don't like rap are the same people that like buttindie. What they don't understand is that the people who liked buttindie of the past now just LOVE meme rappers. Case in point: pitchfork.

Yeah the people that actually hate rap are dadrockers

This meme is stupid. Mongolians, Koreans, Japaneses and Chinese people has always ate a shitload of soy and were ferocious warriors.
Besides, I'm sure this meme is primarly posted by obese Americans who couldn't run for their live and think "cuisine" means McDonalds and chicken nuggets.
Have fun having a stroke at 37.

Death Grips and Odd Future definitely ruined this board. In addition to opening the door to p4k and any shills selling every single rap record as a 'masterpiece', their fans also brought in the alt-right from Sup Forums and far-left meme crowd from tumblr which makes the politics bullshit even worse. At least k-fags are politically neutral

I'm not even that much of a rap fan. The only rap artists I even listen to aren't even from the 2010s (Aseop Rock, Del, Buck 65, etc.). I just find it stupid for people to dismiss the entire genre.

the circle of shitposts

I member