I tried hard to have a father

>I tried hard to have a father...
>But instead I had a dad.

What does this mean to you?

maybe he didn't want a close relationship with his father but he ended up having a great dad.

nothing

It means Kurt was an overrated pseudo intellectual

The opposite actually, as Kurt said himself that he didn't have the best relationship with his father.

but he still said he has a dad

my mom married my stepdad when i was just starting kindergarten so i've had a dad there for me during the important parts of my life that i can remember. however we were never really close and he wasn't much of a true father figure growing up, so i guess i can think i know what kurt is talking about

Kurt desired to have a typical father-son relationship, but unfortunately never got that, due to his parents divorcing. Dad usually refers to a more generic, less heartfelt term than father.

I call my dad dad with all the love in the world

same

Is this satire

It's just a matter of perspective and semantics

its both a janes quote and a general informal sense of less

>became a terrible father himself
>now his daughter has daddy issues
what did he mean by this

It means he had a typical, emotionally distant relationship with the man who impregnated his mother but was in no way close to this man and could not relate to him on any meaningful level. He also resented him for physical abuse and strict upbringing.

yeah i just see it as a parental figure that exists physically vs one that should exist emotionally. but i also somehow doubt that kurt "tried" to have a relationship, from what i've read and heard he was pretty shitty to most people close to him and acted out for attention

What did he mean by what? His daughter is fatherless but has a $500 million inheritance. Better than anything he or you got.

It's never up to the child to have a relationship, why would you think that? He was like 12 and a product of his shitty upbringing

You should listen to "Even in his Youth"

That pretty much tells you the relationship and the lack of self-worth because of it

True that.
I fucking hate deadbeat dads, even if they are physically present.

Fuck that.
The burden should never, ever be on the child. If you raise a shitty son that's all on you, man.

he had a "sperm donor" but didn't have an actual relationship with him

insanely wealthy people are even more crazy, a bigger target, and prone to just as many burdens