Why I'm not attracted to people who don't have enough musical culture and artistic sensibility...

Why I'm not attracted to people who don't have enough musical culture and artistic sensibility? Have you ever felt this way towards people? I think I could never be connected to someone (emotionally/romantically) who hasn't these qualities.

yeah that's the real reason you're single! Keep telling yourself this

you're a 16 year old boy named chris probably

I bet his name is Evan

hopefully you'll stay single and don't reproduce

thats actually kinda shallow, this is somehow a part of narcissism is putting potential mates on such an impossible pedestal. If you're dating someone that doesn't understand the significance of the band pavement that's totally fine because there are a wide world of interests someone could have and you will soon find out basically no one on earth will ever care about your personal hierarchy of musical tastes unless maybe you actually become a successful artist. People around you sorta put up with your musical opinions but secretly its the most fucking boring navel-gazing topic on earth, like telling a story about a dream you remember. no one cares. Basically pull your head out of your ass or be prepared for loneliness.

this is a letter I should have sent myself when I was 18 btw.

You're a fag too though, I'm not OP
You just seem irritable, just because YOU don't care about the reciting of dreams and musical opinions doesn't mean "no one" does, you should get off your little soap box because you'd get knocked off it real quick if you tried to talk this shit in real life

actually im full of shit, I just remembered one of my best ever lays was after a party we all guessed eachothers favorite bands i happened to answer my bloody valentine and thats what she was gonna say too and we went home and fucked that night

but she had shit taste in music otherwise

Sick

yea it was dope

OP and I care about that, I bet there are lots of people who care

>just because YOU don't care about the reciting of dreams and musical opinions doesn't mean "no one" does,
dreams are boring as fuck though

Not true man, I've been keeping a dream journal all year and have had really vivid lucid dreams and dreams where I've been taken to really interesting places and scenarios
I just love to explore it, I think it has a lot of meaning

I think it's a lot easier to say this than tolerate it IRL. Obviously it's true that you can't really afford to show your power levels and act like a pretentious fuckwit unless you're naturally charismatic, but it's still very grating when plebs with shit taste act like they have any authority on what is and isn't good music. I know plenty of people who listen exclusively to top 40 shit and pop punk, yet still act cunty whenever they hear anything they don't personally like. It's really gross how people who actually like music as a hobby tend to have to hide that.

to you. keep a dream journal for you but I guarantee you its a show stopper at a dinner party

youre right, I agree 100 percent with this. its depressing actually. especially these days its so easy for a pleb to go find the most obscure random thing to condescend everyone else with when really were walking around with much more musical knowledge

I agree that dreams as a concept are fascinating (trying to get into lucid dreaming myself but I'm too retarded, I always panic and wake up when I realise I'm asleep) but I also agree that listening to other people's dreams is boring as fuck.

I think it's because dreams are such a personal thing, while having zero logic outside of that context. You can remember the emotional impact of whatever shit was going on in your head, but to anyone else it just sounds like 'and then this unrelated thing happened, and then I was here, and then I was someone else and I was doing this'. It's too abstract to be interesting if you didn't experience it yourself. Feel the same about listening to people's drug stories.

I like hearing about people's dreams if they are people I'm close to.

I knew I was in love with my gf the moment she told me my Rammstein vinyl box set wasn't a complete waste of money

fair enough, if they can keep it short,

my point was that relating dreams is a social faux pas because no one can have any entry point there, only one person arresting the conversation. and to some degree most of the people ive dated were similarly repulsive indulging music tastes,

I feel exactly the same, yes.

Ignore these beta orbiters, you're totally right. Never settle for a pleb. Loneliness is better. I feel bad for straight guys, the chances of finding a girl with a good taste in music is zero to none

Retarded people who date other retarded people.

>Rammstein

Are you 13?

i'm bi and i havent found any fags who have good taste in music. everyones a pleb. culture is just too dead. people have become stupider. the west is dead.

I'm attracted to people physically because I am human. If I held standards like you are, OP, then I would have no sex life because of the range of my interests (unless you can find me a cute girl who watches DDT, listens to Tentenko and Tim Hecker, loves Goddard and Sion Sono, dresses well and plays Senran Kagura unironically).

That has a side effect when you instantly fall in love with any somewhat cute girl with a good enough music taste, even if she's an asshole.

>pavement
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

>I'm attracted to people physically because I am human

Being attracted to people for what it is inside of them is even more human. The empathic and psychologic connection which lies between two people who share a profound medium such as music and art is something more powerful and meaningful than the majority of the things that common people share each others these days. And I'm not talking of having "the same bands in common".

bump

you're a whiney faggot and shouldn't have kids. i'm not retarded because i can appreciate other people, you fucking basement-dwelling failure

Because you're stupid and young. What is important is the way the peraon treats you, not their interests.

Listening to loveless 5 times a day does not make you cultured, get over yourself.

you feel that way because you are young and haven't yet learned that personality should be about more than just the media you consume
I felt that way when I was 15 too user
having shared taste is fun but it shouldn't be your primary means of connecting with someone
get over it or you will lead a sad and unfulfilling life :-)

My gf doesn't have the most developed taste in music but she's an amazing visual artist and a very intelligent person so it doesn't bother me.

Plus even though she might not enjoy everything I listen to she'll still try and engage my interests, like for my birthday she got me and her tickets to see the raincoats even though she'd never really listened to them much, the sweetest gesture honestly

You still talk very superficially and you're not understanding the argument. I study and work hard for my artistic ideas and my musical goals which are my main motivations in life, I sacrifice a lot for it. Clearly you have none if think this way.

Too simplistic, but yes, of course. Though it's a shame that the people who often treat me bad are exactly the ones who have little or nothing to do with me.

I'm not young, and in the experience of my life the personalities more fascinating and attractive have always been the ones who are in the artistic spectrum. I'm attracted to them because I am by myself an artist and a composer. Being with someone who doesn't understand or have any interest in what you constantly do is very disappointing and unfulfilling.

>enough musical culture and artistic sensibility?
What does this vague faggotory even mean?

I wouldn't date non artists but that's because dealing with them is much harder generally. "I need a month for myself" would make most people who aren't into creative stuff worry about the relationshit. When it comes to taste or the likes, who cares? Do you actually, unironically talk about that shit with your SO?

To be fair, most people shouldn't have kids.

>Being with someone who doesn't understand or have any interest in what you constantly do is very disappointing and unfulfilling.
Why? You being a composer is just one part of your personality. As long the person you're dating understands it's important for you and doesn't give you shit for "wasting your time on art", why does he/she have to be overly involved into it?

>the personalities more fascinating and attractive have always been the ones who are in the autistic spectrum. I'm attracted to them because I am by myself an autist
ftfy

he's still one of them

>You still talk very superficially and you're not understanding the argument
Tbph I don't really give a fuck about you whatsoever

i dont like pavement either I was saying thats the kind of indie rock band people are pretentious about knowing

In terms of a long term relationship, there’s absolutely no point in me being with someone that doesn’t have an interest in music or film. They’re just a big part of my life. When I get home I put music on, when I’m tired after a long day I watch a movie. How could I live with someone who isn’t down with that? It’s not anything to do with me feeling better, it’s just being compatible. They don’t even need to like the exact same things as me, just be interested and willing for us to both experience what each other likes. On top of that it would piss me off to not be able to talk about my interests to someone I would spend so much time with.

Luckily I find plenty of chicks who are into music and/or film, there really is no short supply as long as you look in the right places (concerts, old film screenings, university clubs, art schools etc.). So it’s not a problem.

It's not a problem indeed as you say. As a matter of fact that would be just an inner desire which could fulfill me, but I know it's not truly important to a certain extent. The idea of two artists working together and being in love each other is just a romantic/unreal imagination.

pretty much everyone likes film and music

Love isn't real, it's all masturbatory in nature. You like other people for the things that you love within yourself. If they are too different, they are too alien to be loved.

Go to bed Zizek

But are they interested in it? I think it’s different

I want the person I spend my life with to enjoy going to concerts and film festival and old film screenings. It’s more about activities in common than taste if you know what I’m saying.

im not too picky but if she listens to drake it wont work out. we'd be too different

My boyfriend (I'm just a fag calm down) is the person I admire most in the world due to his intelligence and incredible sensibility, but he mostly listens to stuff like The Tallest Man on Earth and other indie folk/folk pop stuff, The Black Keys and mainstream rap. Sometimes he goes out of his way to listen to classical music for me and I think that's very sweet, but he isn't very interested in expanding his taste and I'm perfectly okay with that. I can't even imagine him being a music snob or a snob of any kind actually, even though he's tremendously smart. I love him...

What does his butt taste like

asking for a friend

that's the kind of rap listener more people should meet. "we" get way too much hate

My boyfriend really doesnt into art/music at all and I've always really liked that. He didnt actively listen to music when I met him and I really enjoy having kind of all the say with what we listen to.

>and I really enjoy having kind of all the say with what we listen to
you sound like a great person

Dude I listen mostly to Jamiroquai, jazz, and classic country. The odds of finding a chick into those things is 0. Most of the chicks in the rock music scene were fucking immature. They all have stupid political interests to greenwash how inconsiderate they are. Odds are your tastes aren't good and they will change in two or three years.

Sounds like youre projecting and choosing to take what I'm saying wrong.
To put into perspective, I work in the music industry and spend all fucking day talking about music to people who know a lot about music. It's nice to go home and have some one who does things not related to music, doesnt care about music really at all, and just lets me play whatever I want as background noise.

with the provided bit of information you were in the wrong. fair enough, you're not an asshole

/thread

most people have little culture and sensibility, if you want little more off them than sexual clinches you can overlook it.

If you want culture you have to try and find it.

>when you find a girl as full of yourself as you are with no objective accomplishments and the reflection makes you hatefuck then never speak to each other again because it reveals how terrible you are

You can say that again

Gay people are like basicbitch straight women. They unapologetically enjoy Katie Perry and Taylor Swift because it is relatable in sexuality. I think that this is why grimes is popular with straight men. She doesn't overtly act as though feminine sexuality is powerful, she emnrases that it is the opposite and goes for a cute sound rather than a "strog wymn who don't need no man" one. I think that in general the "powerful but sexual woman", archetype puts off straight men because it is both unrelatibe and undesirable. But for women and gay men it is a respectable archetype that makes them feel empowered in their sexuality.

Because they're the only good qualities you have, and you base your entire personality around them.

I was the same when I was young. I finally had a reason to reject people, and it felt great for my ego.

>Gay people are like basicbitch straight women
This is gonna be good

I wish I could get a patrician gf.

Artsy women seem to be the biggest height queens, though. As a manlet, I've only ever had luck with GAYMER girls and alt-weebs.

I used to work retail at the mall with 12 of them. One would play early 2000s playlists with Britney Spears and Christina Agulara. Another like the lyrics "In me, On me." Another said that he loved the track "Firework" by Katie Perry. Considering that gay men are like 3.5% of the white male population that this is a strong sample. The only one who was different liked showtunes.

>Being attracted to people for what it is inside of them is even more human
How is putting precedence over decisions a person made regarding culture (an invention that doesn't occur naturally) "more human" than having an attraction to someone naturally due to genetic/human traits?
Fuck off, pseud.

This is my favourite post of today. That sounds like living hell

wew lad

Yeah, me and the only other straight guy hated it. He liked shit like Tame Impala and Temples, he listened to music for timbre primarily. I'm a rhythm guy. Eventually I got tired of the 2000s guy bogarting the PA and plugged in my shit. He also liked TERRIBLE edm with the typical phasing vamps and nothing techically or rhythmically good about it.

Some people care, some don't. OP is attracted to the type of people that care about artistic taste - it's rare as fuck but it does exist, just like people that like hearing other peoples dreams

Humanity is more than biological teleology. Thinking is what makes us different from animals, therefore thought and emotion are the real aspects of being "human". Evolve yourself.

>implying animals don't think
>implying animals don't feel emotions

Other animals have culture too, it's not unique to humans. Acting on cultural fallacies is contrary to humanity and fawning over a girl because she wears a band t-shirt is at the expense of the successful duplication of your own genes which is literally biologically retarded. Do what you want, though, and continue confusing human nature and specific conditioning born from society.

yea most people wont vomit or convulse at the sight of a movie or at the sound of music. must mean they're real enthusiasts!

>we should always surrender to our biological/animal instincts

You're going to have a hard time finding people who don't want a movie per week (not counting their consumption of series) and listening to music every day.

Are you guys sure about this? There are people in this world who prefer one over another because of mere physical trait, like being tall or short, or having long or short dick, and you're blaming someone who's searching some intellect? I would honestly prefer to be rejected because I'm stupid and not because I'm a manlet. Just think a moment about it.

This is why you need to learn social skills and become aeshethic. Once you have both down, then you can literally talk to any girl - confidently though- about anything and they will be interested. Be a man, eat your protein, and learn how human beings communicate.
Take me for instance, I listen to rallizes denudes and work out everyday. I am aesthetic and patrician - that is the key to life

It's not about intellect or someone being stupid. It's just similar interests man

best advice ever

because you're shit.

this

I listen to Autechre and workout everyday.

Not what I wrote, thanks for getting up on pretending to know what you're talking about and transitioning to shitposting as if that somehow isn't a complete admission of retardation.
kys

>become aesthetic
Why do idiots here not know what aesthetics are? Everything has AN aesthetic. Fucking mongoloids around here.

because you're a pretentious hipster faggot

I'm the opposite really. I can't get attracted to people that I perceive to be posers.

I bet you're also anal about who gets to drive

>ITT: virgins getting triggered
if any y'all ever got any you would understand how nasty it is to have sex with girls that don't like autechre fr

This, I can't nut unless I'm listening to that song that sounds like marbles being rolled

this man knows what's up
I always like to get my stroke to line up with the beat to give her that polyrhythmic dick

This. Sup Forums is disgustingly normie and anti-intellectual since Sup Forums burst. Of course there's nothing objectively wrong with not caring about music and artistic sensibility in a partner, but it's 100% Facebook comment section tier shit for a faggot to immediately post something like "sure, that's why your single" as if he's some fuckin frat bro with a snapback on in his profile picture. Fuck off, you're an inbred degenerate, you're probably from fucking Virginia or something, go pretend to be socially competent irl and not on a Vietnamese crabtrapping forum.

i dont drive so he literally always drives.

mhmm

>they collapsed under the burden of individuation and took shelter among the herd
Good for you - wanna try to shame me for not giving a fuck about your shitty life?

they're just as snobby as guys, they're not that cool.