Is this the Messi and Ronaldo of our time?

Is this the Messi and Ronaldo of our time?

they are on a level beyond messi and ronaldo

Will Pulisic make America relevant?

Messi and Ronaldo are the Messi and Ronaldo of our time.

Not alone, but the US keeps producing more and more promising youth as the sport has gotten more popular.

We're probably just 4-8 years now from being real contenders.

Klinsmann jr. USA gk when?

pulisic has ok skill for your typical young german, italian or french player. but because he's american the hype train has already left the station.

CHI

Your rate of production is still way below what a couple of dozen other nations are managing.

>der AmerikANUS

He's the youngest player to ever score multiple goals in Bundasliga, produced a goal in his first CL, and instantly solidified himself as the best playmaker for the USMNT. Having tepid projections of Pulisic would have been appropriate a year ago, but he continues to impress in every challenge he's been given.

He has unworldly composure and decision making for his age. US fans certainly overhyped him early on, but he just happened to actually live up to the crazy hype.

5 years ago, the only name anyone knew as far as showing promise at a young age for the US was Freddy Adu. 3 years ago, people could name Pulisic, Zelalam, Horvath, and Cameron Carter Vickers. Now they've added so many others like Haji Wright, Erik Palmer-Brown, Matt Miazga, Joshua Perez, Kellyn Costa, and Emerson Hyndman to the stock that US fans have stopped overhyping the shit out of every single young talent that hasn't proved themselves yet because there are plenty of others who could.

It's certainly far from top European tier yet, but the US youth system is like night and day from where it was just a half decade ago.

If he was german/French/Spanish/English he would just be another promising young player, not even close too the "next Messi".

Brilliantly subtle

shut up, we're shit

They will look nice in a Bayern Münich jerseys in a few years

nigga all of those people are still literally whos

Pulisic remains the only American prospect to actually have any success overseas

edlin was probably the best right back in the championship last season. he's still very much in benitez's plans for the poem too. he's improved a lot, lets see if he keeps getting better.

>In the Championship
I like Yedlin, but he's just a pacey meme rn. Need to see more, either at club level or with the NT.

Pottery

He wasn't lol

I'm on board with most Americans in this thread getting way too hyped for our prospects but this is true. Yedlin came in with Adu-tier hype and totally didn't live up to it. However, he's improving drastically at Newcastle. Hope he keeps getting better.

Pulisic is quite good and probably in the top 5 or 10 of 18 yr olds in the world. That's insane for an American, but he's the only one anywhere near world class. Still, the baseline skill of Americans is steadily rising and that's the most important part.

With all that said, I wouldn't bet a penny on the USA winning a world cup in my lifetime.

Are you retarded? None of those guys are even playing in their senior squads.

>near world class
>another teen keeps him on the bench

Chill

Not that guy, and I wouldn't call Pulisic world class yet, but Dembele is like the second best youth in the entire world after Mbappe. No shame being worse than him.

Read the whole quote you tard
>Only one who's anywhere near world Class

That's a completely factual statement.

>With all that said, I wouldn't bet a penny on the USA winning a world cup in my lifetime.

Do you have stage 4 pancreatic cancer or something? The US is basically Brazil except with twice the population and 10x the GDP. You'd be an idiot to bet against the US winning a WC within the next 50 years.

>Mbappe
>Rating the French Jamie Vardy

>pulisic has ok skill
>ok skill

He's above average technically. Players like Firmino and Lallana are good technically and then your Dembeles, Pogbas, Neymars, Messis, and Robbens are excellent technically

>Players like Firmino and Lallana are good technically
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

i'm watching the germany italy u21 match. pulisic couldn't get a minute in this game.

if meyer, gnabry, amiri and philipp can pulisic wouldn't have to try hard

hes above average but he isnt even close to being relevant globally

As a Newcastle fan who only watched Newcastle matches, yes he was

this is what amerifats truly believe

>4-8 years

More like 30 years. There's a big difference between getting to the knockout rounds and contending for the World Cup.

That being said, things are going in the right direction. This shit takes time.

>you will see Dembele vs Pulisic in Barcelona vs Bayern respectively in some CL final a couple years from now
>Pulisic will have to destroy Dembele's dreams of winning the CL by scoring the CL winning goal
Lads, how do we prevent this sad timeline and keep them together?

there are been 20 world cups and the us haven't wont it yet. but you're saying we'll definitely win one in the next 12 world cups.
if soccer is still the 4-5th most popular sport in 30 years, then no, there is no chance.

>there are been 20 world cups and the us haven't wont it yet. but you're saying we'll definitely win one in the next 12 world cups.
Because we literally didn't give a shit prior to the 90s. How new are you?

i've been following soccer since about 94. do you have any idea what it takes to win a world cup? only 8 countries have ever done it.
you think that just because we're bit and suddenly care they'll just hand us a trophy. it doesn't work like that.

You stupid nigger, I never said we were going to win one anytime soon. But saying that we will never win one because we haven't won one yet after 20 tournaments is a fallacy. We had an amateur national team program of nobodies and part timers before we hosted the world cup in 94. And after just 1 generation (20 years) we've played in a couple semifinals in international tournaments and have beaten a couple highly ranked teams in some of those tournaments. The entire country doesnt need to care about the sport, only a couple million do while the US soccer federation invests in more academies. This is also ignoring the fact that millenials are increasingly gravitating towards soccer (preteens are following MLS teams more often than any other sport besides NBA and football). We are still growing at a slow pace but it's growth nonetheless.

us might win it. but within half the number of world cups that have already been played? nah. i can name 4 teams that will win another world up and about 8 teams that are clearly better than the us and will be for quite some time that have never won the world cup.

if you've ever been to other countries, real soccer countries you'd know that they take the sport much more seriously than we do. it's not necessarily about numbers.

there's been a lot of progress over the past 25 years but we still have a long way to go.

The only way the US will takeover the world's game is to start teaching little black boys in the hood how to play soccer. Far too many Black boys grow up with the impossible dream of playing in the NBA or NFL. If you're too short you can't play basketball. If you're too small you can't play football. But nearly anyone (who's not fat of course) can play soccer. Right now, as you read this post, there's a little nigga out there wasting his time on the basketball court. He's skilled, fast and can even jump high but he'll never be tall enough to go pro. Why not give him a soccer ball instead?

because the rest of the kids in his neighborhood play basketball. in order to get him to play soccer you have to sign him up for a pay-to-play league on the other side of town. and even if you do all that the competition isn't nearly as good as the random parks in brazil and argentina so his skills have a relatively ceiling even before he kicks a ball.