ITT: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard but good

more like king jizzer and the bull prepping pissers

Not enough eggs

I think that's it. Thee Oh Sees is really the only band that does what Gizz does better than Gizz itself.

Honestly though I think Nonagon Infinity is a better garage rock album than anything TOS has ever put out desu

Anyone listen to that John Dwyer episode of Marc Maron? Pretty inspiring shit, lots of cool name dropping (from John not Marc). It was cool to hear him talk about the history of Thee Oh Sees too. Turns out he was doing a bunch of noise projects and wanted to do something a little quieter and formed Thee Oh Sees with an acoustic guitar, a stripped down drum set, and some homemade electronics.

thee oh sees are so try hard and boring. Everything they do sounds like a shitty nickelodeon commercial from the 90's.

I loved that episode. John seems like a really cool and approachable guy, and that's always nice to know about a musician you like.

Dude's a real musician's musician.

Yes - best thing was that until very recently there were very few J.D. interviews out there, and none that extensive.

>found the 17 year old

I actually am giving the full album another chance and it's pretty good so far. It doesnt feel effervescent enough though yet to say it's "LITERALLY KING GIZZARD"

man this album really turned into some shitty boring dad rock.

ok pleb

Anyone else find this album not that great?

It's good but like, eh.

Also why tf are you comparing them to King? Pretty different bands to be honest.

I listened to it and it's below Nonagon or Banana but above Murder

If Gizz had released it you'd be saying it was "another spammed out 4/10"

It's got a few great tracks, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Exits and Mutilator.

looking to get into thee oh sees
What album should I start with?

Floating coffin is my favorite

Agree completely.

nonagon infinity

King Crimson and the Lizard album

carrion crawler/the dream and mind fuzz are the best of the two, Orc and FMB in second

collab when?

agree.

I've tried to like them but I just can't ever get in to them

orc was good but this was way better