The Oilers just got Stuart Skinner IIII:

>Philadelphia drafting a Belarusian

For what purpose?

>tfw I could have been drafted in the NHL this year
>tfw I couldn't skate
FEEEEELS SOOOOOOO BAD

>raggots draft a """""""role player""""""" in the 1st round

This.

Drafting more than 2 Swedes in the 1rst rnd guarantees busts. Not so fast Toronto.

the fuck kind of name is "eeli"? fucking millenials

>drafted in the NHL this year
>this year

teenagers OUT

Devils will be elite in 3 years

The call that saved Finland

That was the pick they got for Zac Rinaldo. The existence of that pick was purpose enough.

>drafting goalies

Fuck. This team has no succcess drafting and developing goalies. Dubnyk was their best, but that isn't very good for a 1rst rnd pick. Chia should really prioritize filling up on forward or defense prospects. I know he feels he has enough, but more prospects means better odds one of them isn't a bust.

SKINNERRRRRRRRR.

No but seriously, redpill me on him.

>Fucking millenials
The fuck you talking about, Eeli has been normal name since 19th century.

t. eeli

you are not convincing anybody

Who knows, but maybe skinner could be a good goalie in the future

Pretty sure you're being memed on, Jukko

>You now realize that people born in 2000 will be allowed to post here next year

A wasted pick.

Oilers future in net was signed last year. Nick Ellis should be replacing Brossoit as backup very soon and be the starter in a few years.

He'll be their successor to Talbot. Cap if you'd like but just remember me telling you that.

>Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Rest of Hamonic deal: believe Isles get a 1st RD pick, two 2nd RD picks while Flames also get a 4th RD pick back

GARF SNOW DOES IT AGAIN

>binland getting another 6 drafts in second round vs. 4 from sweden and 4 from USA

How will they ever recover from this.

Goalies are impossible to predict. Draftin them is a waste because it takes so long for them to develop, you might as well just sign them later or trade for them when their value has decreased.

he was good for me in NHL 17 HUT

I mean, it doesn't hurt to grab another goalie. Dude won't even get a sniff at the AHL for a couple years at least. What round did they grab him in?

He actually thinks this is good.
He actually thinks the Islanders won't just waste those picks on busts.

Okay, so we get picks for this deal while flames get another defenseman just to see their team lose again to the ducks in the playoffs

Nah, Ellis should be the successor. Great numbers in college and solid numbers in his first year in the AHL. He should be given backup duties next year if Brossoit doesn't show up, and should take over the starting job when Talbot starts to decline.

>oilers draft a 5'7 gook manlet 1st round

What on earth were they thinking of picking this much a meme in the 1st round.

That's why I wanted him hahaha

Jesus fucking Christ 70 points in 17 games

We've drafted better since 2013, so this isn't anything bad. If we can find a couple of diamonds in the rough and actual good players, we have a good crop of prospects coming up

not a bad value

but it does nothing to help the team compete next season

It's the 3rd round. Not too high, but still, Oilers have slim pickings in forward prospects and need more.

probably just made the flip the picks for something else

I forgot about Nick Ellis man you could be right.

>loading up on picks still

Is this team still in developing mode? Tavares isn't getting any younger. They keep on changing out the core players and drafting more busts. They might as well trade Tavares too.

this is likely, they have too much capspace now

>13 finns
>9 swedes

lmao what pathetic cucks

Snow is easily flipping the first round pick back to COL for Duchene.
He probably thought of doing Hamonic-Duchene straight up but realized he can gain an extra 2nd round pick in value of he traded with the Flames first.
Smart GM, Isles are gonna be NY's team for years.

>GM makes it a goal of getting big
>does this
>thinks "I can't get any bigger, need to add some speed and skill now"
>"Yamamoto...."

Ken Holland is honestly making some solid picks in the draft. Wongs fans don't shit yourselves yet honestly. But whats the redpill on Ian Scott, why has he fallen so far?

It's in a mix between get better and compete for a cup. Our prospects still need time to get better, especially ho sang. I think in a good two years, we should compete for cups. Tavares should enter the best of his career, and sorokin should finally show up and become a great goaltender, along with barzal, dal colle, beauvilliar, and sompel

>French league

I doubt they even have enough players to make one good team that can compete in other non meme countries.

the world is waking up to the swedish ruse

>not having faith in Kailer "From Nagasaki to Professional Hockey" Yamamoto

>Tavares should enter the best of his career,
He's already there. He has been playing right out the gate and his foot speed isn't going to get any better than now. Expect him to decline sharply in a few years when the game gets too fast for him and he's left with toddlers to play with.

>thinking COL will let go of Duchene for just a 1rst rnd pick

So a future first line is two bigger guys McMeme and Puljumeme with a skill manlet yamameme?

Even if that happens, flip him for a trade in the decline. It would stink, but the main frame of prospects and players stay. Lee should be a great netfront presence, quine and prince can be good grit players, and the aforementioned prospects will always bolster this team

>one shot at life
>your last name wasn't Mismash

who's this now?

The first is part of the package.
It'll probably be the first and the second, or 2 firsts.

The point I was trying to make is that they wasted a great talent by trading away their core for picks. They should have kept core players and built a team while they had a chance.

Just relocate this team already.

Where's all the Slovak and German prospects?

Hahaha inline hockey

>slovak prospects in the same sentence as german prospects

to answer your question, they don't exist

Calgary is fucked from this trade. Hamonic isn't as good as advertised. No speed at all, and he does give up turnovers in the worst moments

>Sasu Hovi

Used to live next door to me.

what happened to Slovakia

soccer on a massive upswing, not as interested in hockey anymore

our small country can't support 50 different sports

Calgary is always fucked. They have underdog syndrome to the max and always live in the shadow of Edmonton.

If they want to feel happy, then it's that their team at least has some contention power from the idiocy of chiarelli signing russel for 4 years

Flyers will be elite in 2

LMFAO Burke overpays for a defender yet again

PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

It's part of Edmonton's need to keep players happy so other players stick around. They can't piss off players who are liked in the dressing room and role players because it sends the wrong message to everyone else on the team and around the league. It's already hard enough to bring in and keep players to the city.

They skipped Carolina again

>not believing in the Nazi line of commie removal

>Jesse 'the white death' puljuarvi
>Leon ' 6 million moren' Draisatl
>kailer "kamikazi" yamomato

>Leafs draft a 6'7" defenseman
>Leafs drafted a Finnish Chara who cannot into defense.
>Leafs drafted a project player in the 2nd round.
Hopefully he can fight and hit like Chara.

>Matt Strome doesn't fall even further to Leafs.
FUGGG

Do they have any meme italian defenseman for that axis line? Didn't LaLeggia used to be a defenseman.

You'll be fine, you just got Ian Scott

>Yfw the Oilers and islanders meet up in the finals again
>Yfw that line plays against ho sang, beauvilliar and bellows and gets BTFO

double dubs confirmed speaking truth

Oh it's because we drafted Finnish Goaltending.

4th round is already a big fall, he was ranked around 60

GMs wisening up on these Stromes

By not being mongols

All I can say, is Connor McDavid better not act like a nigger,

Take 10 million x 8
Draisatl take the same

This 14m shit is insane and will fuck the team, he can either have a winning team around him or he can be a greedy kike

The choice is his

And multiple cups will get him more endorsement money than the 14m and not accomplishing anything would

>nordic players
>ever fighting

41 minutes in 66 games sounds like a normal dman minutes but definitely not fighting numbers.

At least Dylan looks to be better then Ryan

getting pissed on is better than getting shit on

>loading up on picks instead of building a team around Tavares in his prime
Quite the organization you have there

>what is getting assets for future trades
stop posting

>mfw McDavid never wins a cup with EDM

>with finns you win

poor mans laine

Who won't a cup.

He will win 4

McDavid is getting endorsement money no matter what he does

>shit wings took (((Rassmusen)))
top fucking kek ded wings are back

>trade eberle for nothing useful
>resign russlell to a joke of a contract
>fail to secure a dman
>draft a small asian boy
>gonna sign mcmeme to 14x8 and sink the cup window before it ever opens
whats his endgame?

How many more Asians got drafted in rounds 2-7?

[spoiler]for Calgary[/spoiler]

He will probably make around 5 million per year in endorsements. I think he signs for around 10 and drai for 7

They'll be fine. You really think a line of Rasmussen II Larkin II Mantha wouldn't be competitive?