Own up, Sup Forums. CD is better than vinyl, and you know it

Own up, Sup Forums. CD is better than vinyl, and you know it

Other urls found in this thread:

people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Can listen to music in car

Who listens to CD's in their car? Bluetooth that shit you cheap fuck.

Eh. Vinyl has more longevity than a CD and has analog sound quality, so it has some worth over CDs. CDs are basically just an awkward leftover from the transition to digital, most CDs from the 80s are shit because they didn't understand the technology, and the ones from the 90s on are brickwalled to hell.

24 bit WEB > LP > CD > Cassette > Memes like SACD

>physical media
what year is it

But Chad has never heard a song in his life. But if he did, he wouldn't be pumping it for the world to hear.

*slaps your girlfriend's ass*

>all you guys in 20 years when your CDS are all warped and unplayable from just literally sitting in a case.

>implying bluetooth doesn’t sound like shit

I actually buy CDs still, AMA reddit

>C D
>U I
>C S
>K C

>L P
>I E
>T N
>T I
>LE S

Compact Dicking
Lovely Pussy

Here's the thing retard

First you're not restricted to one or the other, why the fuck would you pick teams with media when there are unique releases on the different formats?

Second - you can download a CD, literally just download the exact same information, and then burn it to a disc yourself. Vinyl for all its faults is a more truly physical medium, and offers a different experience from CDs/digital files. Argue about whether vinyl sounds good all you want, you're not paying money for a sound you could have just downloaded instead if you're on a good private tracker.

Nice try. Maybe next time.

>Eh. Vinyl has more longevity than a CD
No
>and has analog sound quality
I think you mean "worse." CDs have a deeper dynamic range than vinyl, and preserve high frequency information better because surface noise raises the noise floor in the high treble.

Also, no one needs more than 16 bit 40khz, see people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

HOWEVER

Vinyl certainly wins on presentation and packaging. If you love full-size album art and want something fun to collect, vinyl is better.

CDs will rot in their case. A well maintained vinyl LP lasts indefinitely.
"No one needs more than 16/40" is true, but 24/192 is still a superior archival format. It's not like HDD space is hard to come by.

Not unless you regularly listen to your music slowed down. And actually, the extra HF information can cause harmonic distortion in some speakers/amps, you're better off without it.

>not having a full detailed print of the album and physically enjoying the full art work
>Fragile outdated retro-beta ass CD's vs A immaculate shiny thicc EP
>not getting to listen to old jazz and hearing the distortion and the atmosphere it creates when you play an old record
>not reading off the track-list and album info on the back in your hands

Yeah Vinyl is trash guys.. lets go back to the 90's and use tiny little discs of shiny plastic cancer.

Who doesn't own a DAC capable of outputting 24/192 in the year 2017?

Agreed. I went through my cringey "le vinyls xD" phase aged 16-18 then had the blatantly obvious epiphany that CDs are the superior form for collecting. I still buy the odd LP for artwork or if it's one of my all time favourite albums but 95% of my physical purchases are CD master race these days.

>what are vinyl rips

>cds scratch a million times easier

What if i told you they're both good and have a ton of each

Sure, but can your amp handle those frequencies cleanly? Do the tweeters on your speakers handle those frequencies without breaking up? The answer may or may not be yes, it really depends on your equipment, but you're better off not risking it.

>being a 24/192 brainlet
the science is not on your side

>goes over bump
>welp never liked that side anyway

In the end they're all just synthetic plastic disks you put into some other box to trick your brain into thinking your life actually matters. Real chads buy a rope, fuckers

To be fair, such a DAC might be nice if you want to draw pretty pictures on your oscilloscope.

Seems like you killed the thread, gg

>all you guys in 20 years when your CDS are all warped and unplayable from just literally sitting in a case.
I have CDs that are 20+ years old and they're doing just fine.

this user speaks the truth

You tell me user, what IS a vinyl rip? It's a recording of the signal produced by a particular cartridge, in a particular turntable setup, from a particular record. It's different every time and isn't really comparable to a CD rip. A CD rip is the data from the CD, ontologically identical to the data from every other copy of said CD. How dense can you idiots be. I'm not saying vinyl sounds better or is the true way to experience music, don't get triggered now.

>not having 2 Tech12s and a mixer to scratch/mix 90s hiphop

>blatantly obvious epiphany
>completely unable to rationalize this decision
>trying not to cry about CD rot

> le cd rot meme
Never seen it happen, and I have CDs from 25 years ago or older. Vinyl isn't worth listening to when it's new.

t. owned a crosley once
CD remasters from the 90's are worse than the vinyl master at least 3/4 of the time. Stop being so autistic about particular mediums lol

>le 25 years
I still spin grandpa's vinyl dude. Most projections for CD rot onset are between 30-40 years, based on simple and reliable chemical principles. I own more CDs than LPs still but I'm not buying them for archival/collection purposes, might as well collect rare yogurts

>I still spin grandpa's vinyl dude
So, what, you don't have ears?

>Chad not playing his music as loud as possible at all times
Understand the meme

God that is so cringey.

>paying $25 for a record