Finally. A movie about the real Godzilla

The destruction, the symbolisms, and all the shit the americucks could never make are all in here. Aside from a few cringeworthy moments and japanese weirdness this was the best of all the godzilla films

GMK was better

Personar serviceu!

Where can they possibly go from here without Anno at the helm?

Both were great.
But VS Biollante was the greatest.

I hope they don't take it any further. That ending is perfectly fine. I can't imagine a movie with tiny skeleton Godzillas running around Tokyo

could be cool if it were done like Aliens

Why don't more movies have cool anime-esque imagery like this?

Biollante=Shin>GMK

GMK had potential but the shitty suits (Godzilla's neck and belly and KG's tiny ass wings) really ruin it for me. I wish Toho let Kaneko do GVA instead.

is this practical or cg? I can't tell

There is no "real" Godzilla.

The character has been interpreted in so many ways over the years that there's no one true representation.

Top Eight Films
1) Gojira
2) Shin Godzilla
3) Mothra vs Godzilla
4) Monster Zero
5) Ghidrah
6) GMK
7) Godzilla vs Hedorah
8) Godzilla vs Biollante

bretty gud taste

needs some Return of Godzilla

not bad

1.) Godzilla x Mechagodzilla
2.) Godzilla(1954)
3.) Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
4.) Godzilla (1984)
5.) Terror of Mechagodzilla
6.) Shin Godzilla
7.) Destroy All Monsters
8.) Mothra vs Godzilla (1964)

Return of Godzilla had the worst suit

>worst suit

You sure about that?

Yeah nah.
2014 was the real Godzilla senpai
Japan was so butthurt that we did it better that they made Shin "True" Godzilla. The whole reason Godzilla even came about is because the Japs got rekt by our atomic bomb. Not only did we completely beat their ass in war we also took their idea and made it even better.

It's a pretty weak movie, user. Though I'll give it credit for its score and atmosphere.

What symbolism?

best of the heisei series desu

b-b-but the MUTOs weren't 3-headed dragons!!

Was pretty good. Would have been better if it was more character focused, particularly on that young upstart guy. That's really my only complaint other than the obvious Western/Engrishy stuff.

MUTOs were the most boring monsters that Legendary could have come up with. The monster in the trailer looked more interesting.

We need to have a Bear Godzilla vs Shin Godzilla movie, I love both designs so much.

Official Heisei Rankings:

Great
>Godzilla vs Biollante

Decent
>Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

Okay/Meh

> Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II
> Godzilla vs Destoroyah
> Return of Godzilla

Awful
> Godzilla vs Mothra
> Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla

The concept was interesting but the design was weak.

Great
>Godzilla 1984
>biollante

good
>the monster scenes of destoryah
okay/meh
>king ghidorah
>mechagodzilla 2
>spacegodzilla

awful
>the human scenes of destroyah

oh shit nigga what are you doing
>godzilla vs mothra
>mothra trilogy

> Return of Godzilla is a great/good film
Time to let this meme die, guys

it never started

the american cut is shit, but all the government/pm stuff is golden,hayashida is great, and it doesnt turn the characters to shit like the us cut did.

>inb4 weak central characters
in biollante every character except gondo, shiragami, and maybe koruki pretty much come second to the message of the movie

also shinjuku set > any other miniature set in the series

it was boring and generic

how many fucking times have we seen this movie
we get it, a giant lizard born from radioactive waste

they spend so much time trying to make godzilla plausible then they throw it away with cgi that looks like its from a playstation 2 fmv

and the evangelion music throughout was fucking retarded

>evangelion music throughout was fucking retarded

Neither version is anything to write home about. And overall, Godzilla vs Biollante beats Return of Godzilla in the special effects department. Same goes for the characters too.

This right here senpai

> Complaining about Godzilla's radioactive origins
Really?

> Boring
How? The human characters were immensely likable and the film had smooth pacing (aside from a little lag preceding the finale).

> Generic
What other slightly satirical, bureaucratic-centric giant monster films do you know of?

> Bad special effects
They were actually fairly solid. Sure. Not as good as your standard Hollywood fare. However, there's no need to overexaggerate. Remember that it had a budget of $15 million USD (compared to $150-$200 million USD of Western blockbusters) and a shorter production time than Hollywood films.

> evangelion music throughout was fucking retarded
It worked just fine. You're just complaining because you know it's Eva.

Why the fuck didnt the storyline of this movie have something to do with the nuclear power plant disaster during the tsunami that hit Japan a few years ago?
I thought thats what this would be about. A nuclear plant is destroyed and the radiation leaking out fucks up the wildlife and creates a monster that in turn ruins all of japan.
Instead we got a boring uninspired rehash of at least 6 other previous films with some terrible cgi.
At least the american movie felt like an actual legitimate film and had human characters. what characters are shin godzilla? random army tank #459? Broken english speaking jap bitch? and can you remember one humorous part of the movie? no because there wasn't any.

Unmanned Train Bombs were cool characters.

you're a filth weeaboo of course you'll sugar coat any nip trash because the grass is always greener on the other side right.

>The human characters were immensely likable
They are all old gooks that all look the same. You can't even tell any of them apart.

>smooth pacing
Yeah the entire film was just jump cuts of gooks in a rented office building with a few bad cgi shots of a crappy looking godzilla. totally smooth.

Are you sure this isn't the best that Godzilla has ever looked?

>Why the fuck didnt the storyline of this movie have something to do with the nuclear power plant disaster during the tsunami that hit Japan a few years ago?

Uh, onii-san, I havesome news for you.

If Shin Godzilla is so great why can't I find it anywhere online?

Checkmate, Atheists.

>army tank #459?
That was my favorite character fuck you

>and can you remember one humorous part of the movie? no because there wasn't any.

SOGGY

FUCKING

NOODLES

>Instead we got a boring uninspired rehash of at least 6 other previous films with some terrible cgi.

Please name these films.

> At least the american movie felt like an actual legitimate film and had human characters.

Godzilla (2014) had typical Hollywood blockbusters characters with all the personality drained out of them. The three most interesting characters (Cranston, Olsen, and Watanabe) are either sidelined or killed off in exchange for one of the dullest protagonists in cinematic history. He barely interacts with anyone or says anything. He's just there. Actively killing his movie. And the ill-fitting score and teasing does the weak Spielberg imitation no favors.

I'd take Anno's simple, yet likable approach to human characters any day over Edwards' bore.

> You can't even tell any of them apart.

Hit the bed, m8. Enough internet for today.

He suffered so much

Christ, that's just unsettling to look at, like the lovechild of Cronenberg and Geiger.

Walking cancer

no, excess radiation

this is bad ass shit though

the 90's movies weren't pretentious bullshit social metaphors about the dangerous of politics and nuclear policy
they were just men in rubber suits fighting in miniature cities

Except it was. Nuclear waste leaked into the ocean, deep sea creatures feed into it until it forms into a sentient mass of flesh that keeps adapting to no end. They only way they stopped it was cooling down the nuclear core.

The real monster of the movie was red tape and beaurocratic nonsense made by the limp dicked Japanese government, leading to further casualties. Which is way they stress over the paperwork bits and the staff heirarchy.

All of this happened at Fukushima and the movie was moreso a political satire of Japan being so passive and reliant on the US and the UN in the face of crisis than it was a monster movie.

I would have preferred aliens from space that look like monkeys build a robot godzilla to conquer tokyo

oh wait they already did that and it was glorious

Anno delivered something different. But also familiar. And it was glorious.

EVA x Godzilla live action film when?

It was just a total missed opportunity. they could have set the movie in the sixties and done a full on retro thing.
The Japanese are just melodramatic crappy storytellers that rely on ambiguous themes for the audience to interpret in their own way, which saves them the trouble of creating coherent plots.

Please tell me how this film didn't have a coherent plot

>It was just a total missed opportunity. they could have set the movie in the sixties and done a full on retro thing.
Coincidentally, it's the most successful Japanese Godzilla since the 60s. And it felt pretty Hondaesque.

Me: "Man I love this movie but can't help but think that the plot is a little on the nose. I get it that Japan has some compunctions about foreign meddling, particularly American, but I can really understand where the need for some national self-actualization is needed. Either way the human drama was crystal clear in a way that's just shy of being spoon-fed, that I can appreciate it."

Some dense motherfucker:

why does the Gojira franchise have so many Alpha Males

J U S T
U
S
T

On the same level as capeshit but put a japanese name on it and people will worship it.

Gamera 3 had one

The whole world knows japs are dickless spineless flunkies. We don't need a stupid monster movie allegory to show it to us.

Protip japan: Drop the haphazard social connotations and just make pure monster movies like you did in the 70's

Why did Japan start being so faggy?
It's like all their heroes and protagonist went from muscle bound alphas to depressed beta twinks.

uh huh

The Japanese archetype character of the pretty boy warrior has been around for hundreds of years since the old school feudal era. But lately it seems fagboy influences from south korea and a botched assimilation of american emo culture has produced "depressed beta twinks"

Ahh of course. Thanks.
How do we make Japan great again?

Shin Godzilla is basically an early episode of NGE with Godzilla acting as an Angel. Just replace all the advanced weapons with modern equipment and weaponry. We even have Rei and Asuka substitutes. But Anno also manages to make it feel like an early Honda Godzilla film. Great stuff.

you cant compare shin(shit) godzilla with epics like Invasion of fucking astro monster

The only good thing of that movie was that one Vortakk looking slightly to the left in every fucking scene he was in

Fatzilla is a cool guy. I like that the mocap artists studied kodiak bears fighting for reference. Gives the big G some real presence when shit (finally) goes down. When he roars into the camera during the San Fran showdown, you can feel it in your guts.

>The only good thing of that movie

not even mentioning international badass gaijin secret agent spaceman warrior lover mother fucking GLENN

FUCK

I meant the RIGHT

>no terror of mechagodzilla
good taste besides, I'd personally switch monster zero and shin but w/e.

>Destroy All Monsters
mfw

My nigga. His roar and entrance at the airport was amazing as fuck especially in the theater. Literally was in awe and shit like I was a kid again.

>What other slightly satirical, bureaucratic-centric giant monster films do you know of?
Terror of mechagodzilla

Monster Zero is legitimately a good film.

In b4 muh dancing

I miss these guys

No love for Tokyo SOS?

What game is this?

clearly practical

>Why the fuck didnt the storyline of this movie have something to do with the nuclear power plant disaster during the tsunami that hit Japan a few years ago?

stopped reading right there

You're on Sup Forums, stop making a point

fuck you nerds the order is
>#1 Son of Godzilla
>#2 Godzilla (2014)
all others succ

Because anime is one of the lowest forms of art and any time it's imitated in hollywood it comes across as tacky and cringey

>compunctions
In b4 pic related is one of the best films of 2017. Urobuchi is at the helm (at least for the writing).

Jesus christ
why is Shinji so fucking kawaii
why am i lusting after an animated fictional character
goddamn it Anno

Are there any torrents out?

It's up on HDbits.

is it still the cut up version?

You kid, but Son of Godzilla is actually good.

It's not a cam, it's a digital version that came japanese airlines.

Technically the Godzilla from the first film is the true representation, and every Godzilla after that is an interpretation of that version.

Who is this semen demon?

yeah but the only hd version I found was missing 20 minutes, is it the same one?

its a shit movie anyway

it fails as a nuclear metaphor
it fails as a monster movie

>clearly
Godzilla looked like a suit but apparently it's 100% CG. You can never truly know with that shit.

The suit was pretty bad but the soundtrack turned me off more than anything

>saves anime
>saves monster movie kino
Is there anything this man can't do?