What do you think will be Pitchfork's album of the year? Damn? Melodrama? A Crow Looked At Me? Crack-Up?

What do you think will be Pitchfork's album of the year? Damn? Melodrama? A Crow Looked At Me? Crack-Up?

I'm thinking it'll be pic related

I guess we can discuss what they'll pick for Song Of The Year too

Melodrama

Won't be surprised if they pick Crack-Up desu

Though Kenny will get those classic P4k Black Points™ and probably get album of the Century

I'm thinking they'll go with Damn and go all in on the "Kendrick Lamar is the artist of the generation" angle. They've already given his past two albums AOTY, a third one would cause a lot of hype since it's so unprecedented

[spoiler]even though Crack Up deserves it[/spoiler]

It'll be the ooz and it should be

why do you care?

Chances that Science Fiction will be anywhere on the list?

Maybe, but they aren't going to be on the top 10

the cover reminds me of yall cowards don't even smoke crack lol is it a tribute to that album cover??

Flower Boy seems like an obvious pick, considering Tyler is both black and gay

For SOTY:
10. Kendrick Lamar - humble
9. King krule - dum surfer
8. Lil Uzi Vert - XO Tour life
7. Bjork - the gate
6. SZA - love galore
5. Alex g - bobby
4. Jay z - 4:44
3. Perfume Genius - Slip Away
2. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow
1. Lorde - Green Light

also SOTY will definitely be HUMBLE.

XXX is EASILY gonna be SOTY. I will burn my Damn vinyl on livestream if it isn't

Dum Surfer and Slip Away are the only good ones on this garbage list

alex g top 10??? NAW THANKS HE SOUNDS LIKE HIS MOUTH IS NUMB

thats a ridiculous bet and if you actually were going through with this you'd likely be saying goodbye to your record

It won't be, p4k hate u2
Might not be the best list, but I guarantee this is close to what the actual list will look like

DAMN, Crack-Up and ACLAM are all worthy AOTY candidates. So knowing the path shitfork has gone down, i'd expect it to go to Melodrama.

I feel like I'm out of the loop because I thought Melodrama was a bit of a flop. It got a decent amount of buzz when it dropped and that Green Light song gained some traction but I've hardly heard anyone talk about it since then

>White cis straight male
I know it has the second highest score they've given to an album all year but I'd be shocked if it cracked the top 5

It will be Taylor Swift

which album got the highest rating all year
mayb it will be that one dude

it will be this.

COOKIES??!

P4K Ratings Guide:
10: It was good and the label paid us
8.9-9.9: Actually worth listening to
8.4-8.8: The label paid us
8.1-8.3: Good music falls somewhere around here, but mostly meaningless
5.9-8.0: Literally Meaningless

I don't know why you haven't burned it already.
Garbage album lmao.

I bet that they’ll go with whatever the most popular second choice is, since they have to keep believing that they have a sense of originality so if they do something slightly unexpected then they think they look cool and can pat themselves on the back. Like they did with Solange last year.

Not that the AOTY will be worth a shit anyway, but absolutely for sure the SOTY will continue to be embarrassing anus shit, as it has been for a good while now.

Also
>pitchfork

Oh man you are goddamn right. It's fucking Cookies