Is this the single worst scene in cinematic history?

Is this the single worst scene in cinematic history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhB0jR6xVek
youtube.com/watch?v=CBkj7xvfk7w
youtube.com/watch?v=OLGTmqZz2eE
youtube.com/watch?v=xQBGmBOhQEE
youtu.be/RUjPz7BKjlM
youtube.com/watch?v=avH2K1iR8Oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of tomarrowland Is bad

tell that to kanji club

Can someone tell me why everyone hates scene so much, give valid reasons

TELL THAT TO KANJI CLUB

SHITPOSTER YER A DEAD MAN

Holy fuck. I just realized they're a ripoff of the Red Hood Gang

what kind of fuck retarded helmets are those anyway?

Has anyone dropped this line irl? Did people get it?

youtube.com/watch?v=mhB0jR6xVek

FEEEFFTTYYYY THEEEWWSAAAND

It's completely useless and is fucking terribly made, looks like something out of a tv show

Do you hate fun?

"tell that to kanji club" is the most forced meme ever

Isn't the other group of space thugs made up of people from the the raid which literally are there for no reason at all.

Yes. Unless it has Turin Horse depth, it is worthless.

>Star Wars
>cinema

HAN SOLO

WHAT WEIGHS MORE, A KILOGRAM AF STEEL, O' A KILOGRAM OF FAETHERS?

all that time on this scene and its effects could have been used infinitely better to grow the star wars universe

You obviously have not seen the field manual/ battlefield documentary, The Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

Bloody space-clowns are adapting, how hit the nose?

Abrams proved once again he is incapable of creative, a true drone that can only absorb information like a clam and eventually shit out a pearl which he promptly feeds to swine, figures.

This scene was a clumsy, ham-fisted attempt at expanding the scope of the movie. As we both know, one of the major issues with The Force Awakens was it felt dreadfully small-scale, with settings awkwardly connected in ways that hardly made sense or felt like we were suddenly teleported from one world to another without any middle-ground.

Like, remember all the aliens you meet in the cantina scene in New Hope? Or when we get these wide panoramic shots of the countryside in Lord of the Rings? Those did a good job making us feel like there was something MORE out there, something beyond the screen. Abrams tried to do this with the wide shots of fallen Star Destroyers and he tried to do it with this scene, and it failed.

tell that to kanjiklub

No question

Why are those men wearing Beats by Dre?

I like these guys. This whole scene makes the galaxy feel more alive. Need more colorful bounty hunters. Better than Rogue One's gray filtered bullshit.

Not even the worst scene in the movie

Nyet.

HOWEVER

what movie is this even from?

hobbit has way worse scenes

People we don't know talking about things we don't have any connection to that moves the plot nowhere.

While the tentacle ball monster scene undeniably was just to have some action in what would have otherwise been the "slow part where characters just talk to each other", it served the purpose of allowing han solo to see that rey was competent in dangerous situations

That's not to say that there weren't much better ways to accomplish this plot goal, but it did have a purpose

>worst scene
Is it that time again?
youtube.com/watch?v=CBkj7xvfk7w
I still can't finish it

what was so significant about that card?
why was all of that passing around necessary? Once one person was patted down why couldn't they just hold onto it?
how is a card meant to bounce off the ground like that at the end?

I don't understand

Nah, it was just pointless and out of place.
It's also shit because it wastes the guys from The Raid.
Batman V Superman's Justice League scene is probably one of the worst scenes of all time purely because of what it represents.

Nah.

youtube.com/watch?v=OLGTmqZz2eE

This is just projecting. You're mad that this film franchise no longer caters to you. Kinda sad to read

This was actually my favorite scene in the movie because it wasn't copied and pasted from a New Hope

This is the worst scene in the movie:
I want to punch that stupid orange faced twat in the face for copying yoda and ruining the movie.

Which is why people hate it.

The rock giants were in the book though. So although the scene is pretty dumb it still makes sense that they put it there.

They were a metaphor.

You're posting the wrong video

youtube.com/watch?v=xQBGmBOhQEE

It is to me the highlight of the movie, I saw it in theaters and outside of the like 25 seconds of Cara Delameme as a mermaid it's as good as the movie gets.
>That nasal dude singing
>The black guy
>Huge Jackedman
it's just perfect and I almost cry every time

>hey, remember how we had the big yeti monster and that cyclops thing and the giant sand worm?
>yeah
>we need a blood thirsty alien in this movie too!
>i got u senpai

No they weren't, maybe the look of them was different but they were certainly a real entity.

I kept thinking about the Sup Forums memes and was unable to take the scene seriously.

Why is this happening?

This is only fucked because of the song choice. It's endearing how serious they play it, but using 'smells like teen spirit' is the only embarrassing part.

this is beyond redemption

it did seem completely out of place.

TELL THAT TO THE BANE CIA

EP8 was so bad it didn't even spawn any decent memes.

TR8R and kanjiklub were pathetic.

These movies are such garbage

holy shit that's bad. I like how it has so many likes and views on youtube.

It's a magic card. They need it to magic-hack the magicomputer.

Any questions?

Kek

What Power Rangers episode is this?

Blatant pandering to Chinese audiences.

This post is pretty close to the mark.

I feel like anything that is "redone" by another director/film making team will always lack the ability to immerse their audience into that universe like the original(s) could.

George Lucas, for example, had a passion for the Star Wars universe because it was is baby. That entire universe is a creation of his mind, so his work reflects his ability to throw himself into that universe while filming, and bringing the audience along with him. Whereas the new team that takes over doesn't and will never truely have that passion, because everything they know or love about that universe is based on what others have created.

Original creation is the only thing that can become great. Even if the artist is drawing from previous creations, without trying to steal the entire universe, it is still better than the 100% rehash of anothers creative work. JJ Avraham knew this, so he tried to stay away from adding the least amount of new ideas as possible, and just shove the same facts of this universe we already know but with different outfits/characters.

Sure, medichlorians were great, for a laugh, but at least they were an original creation that was an attempt at bringing more canon information about this mysterious universe Lucas created back in the 70s. I mean, at least he tried to explain the Jedi powers and give them limits, with strengths and weaknesses both. Not just mary sue after mary sue.

The only evidence you need of why JJ wasn't capable of pulling this off (not saying profit wise), and why directors with original creativity like Lucas will always be better, is to watch the film THX 1138 by George Lucas. See what creative thought actually is, and than ask yourself why movies no longer seek to make us think.

Hey you guise member kanji klub?

>"Was that Goy? Lifesaver? OooVeeeyy, I tink ize gut sum of dose. Cam wit me sweety down to my bassmint, ize gut sum candis in a chest."

What did JJ mean by this? Was he trying to redpill us?

Completely superfluous scene. Lop it off and nothing changes. It's like hitting the pause button for a couple minutes

yes
why is the card magic?

But wouldn't the kanji club be japanese?

It's a movie about illusionists, obviously the card is going to be magic you idiot.

jesus I forgot how bad that scene looked. Fuck they would have been better off just throwing the rocks instead

couple hours later no one replied to your bait but me calling you a fuckboi for tryin

slurp on that disney dildo

They were, and they weren't. They resemble (not visual of course) the same "entities" that many people in time have attributed to storms and freak natural disasters. Almost all things from the Universe Tolkein created can be tied to something in our world at or before his time, because he was trying to make statements with is writing, while also making a kickass fantasy novel. The obvious correct way to visually represent these giants is to show them as ambiguously shaped as possible and to make the shape blend into the environment. Kind of like how it was done in the Fellowship when Gandlaf tries to lead them through his secret pass, but Saruman invokes all kinds of shit down upon them. You hear just the faintest of a deep voice on the wind, and the weather seems to grow violent with the voices beckoning, and it becomes more and more daughnting to continue the more and more his voice draws you in. Then with a pop, they are off the mountain and all is safe...for now. See the difference?

These "rock giants" should have looked and been the mountains themselves, come to life, however odd that may look. It is suppose to draw off the mysteries of the unknown (mountains, their peaks, dangerous paths), not create something completely unrealistic.

I'm so angry right now. What is the signficance of that damn card?

Now that you've said it, this. I remember seeing this before I actually saw the movie, so I already hated it without any reason except what it is at a face value, a cheap usage of something that actually has meaning (Kurt was poet that died for his sins guys). But now that I reconsider having watched it, the scene is actually quite well done and certainly draws emotion out of the audience and is a very interesting way to introduce the villain and his bad guys.

Going off thread here now, but what was the deal with this movie's plot? My peter pan mythos is all based off Hook, so who is the main villain, if Captain James Hook was the good guy?

>1. It's pointless to the plot
>2. A space fantasy loses a lot of immersion by having someone with such a heavy accent.
>3. CGI monstrocity

No no, I'm pretty sure this might be the worst scene.

youtu.be/RUjPz7BKjlM

Why the hell are they called Kanji Club?
They sit around learning all 2000+ Chinese symbols.
Kanji Club sounds like the dullest club I can possibly imagine.

this video gives me vertigo

> you are now aware the original concept for iroh was that he would be intentionally training zuko wrong but aaron ehasz put his foot down and said fuck no you stoner faggots we play this straight

>Scottish accent
>asian gang
>rolling tentacle blobs
Aesthetic is just all out of wack for star wars, none of this stuff fits.

Explain.

No YOU EXPLAIN

I don't recall a single Scottish accent in any of the previous films.

Having an all asian gang also makes it look like there's some exclusively asian ethnic group somewhere in the galaxy, while human society outside of the Empire is frequently portrayed as mixed in aliens.

The CGI tentacle blobs, all I can say is that it looks more appropriate for Pirates of the Caribbean than Star Wars.

There are no asians really previously in star Wars, and then suddenly, tons.

There's an established way the costumes generally look in Star Wars (kinda 80's vibe) which you can see even other place in VII, like with Finn's/Poe's Jacket. But for some reason, those costumes for that scene are tryhard futuristic, which is not at all the aesthetic of the universe.

It's filmed oddly, in a way that isn't Star Wars. The camera angles and lens look wrong.

The dialogue is...not terrible, but still pretty bad.

The Rak'thars are just big CGI tentacle monsters, that again do not fit the Star Wars universe. Most of the weird alien lifeforms that have tentacles within Star Wars are long, not wide, and tapered, not round. Think Jabba, the Trash Compactor monster, the whole race of the Twi'Leks, etc.

The accents also do not fit the universe. There are clear, established patterns of speech and dialects and so on for how people talk. And they honor that on Jaku: the characters talk that way still. So then why are mercs from the same region of the galaxy not only completely different-sounding from the people on Jaku, but also completely different from anything else we've ever heard in star Wars?

And I could forgive a lot of this if the scene was important to the story, but it is completely irrelevant, and just feels like a way to force the cameos of the Raid cast.

I always assumed this was setting up a plot to come back to in the next movies. Is that not the case?

Pretentious wanks.

>LOL JUST SWITCH YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO

Doubt it.

Just seems like a character beat to show how Han hasn't stopped screwing over other smugglers in the last 30 years.

Right, and now Hands dead anyways. I always remember it wrong, I thought the gangs were after Bo.

In real life Chinese guards would strip search them and torture them to death with caddle prods.

Under(you)'d post.

Tell that to kanjiklub

Lots of scenes in this movie are the worst, especially the "lightsaber duel" at the end.

U trippin, the duel was one of the best in the series

This bait sucks.

this one pisses me off with how many different things it manages to tarnish at once. unbelievably fucking retarded and less damage would have been done if it was cut entirely and left as a (very) minor plothole. by itself it knocks a full point off of an otherwise good-great movie, for me at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=avH2K1iR8Oo

its probably safer to stick without the subtitles, but someone in the comments did throw em out there

>The rock giants were in the book though.
They're mentioned. No one is jumping off their knees while they have rock fights though.

What the fuck did I just watch?

>they didnt make another raid movie because the stupid main actor wanted a 5 second part in star wars instead
>he hasnt made anything good since

>they didnt make another raid movie because the stupid main actor wanted a 5 second part in star wars instead
Why are you making shit up user

Would be alright in a Star Trek movie desu

Bottom line, it's always more entertaining to see Lucas fail than Abrams succeed.

Is he the crossest man in Scotland?