2 things you didn't like about The Force Awakens

>2 things you didn't like about The Force Awakens
>1 thing you did like about The Force Awakens

>the god tier writing
Do I talk first or do you?
My lord, the weapon is ready. We shall destroy the government that supports the resistance, the Republic!
>killing off the only decent character

>uhhhh
The stopping the blaster bolt in mid air was cool

things you didn't like about The Force Awakens
Rey being able to counter kylos mind power without any prior knowledge on how that even worked and han being killed before we could see him and luke interact

thing you did like about The Force Awakens
reys theme was alright

Helicopter ending shot
No screen time with Luke, and Solo

Tie Fighter making that noise when escaping

I hated Luke being a cuck and we didn't even get to see him become a cuck. I hated the galaxy being cucked and we didn't even get to see it become cucked

I liked Kylo Ren.

Rey
Relying way too much on muh nostalgia

Kylo Ren was decent up until he got his ass kicked by a skinny girl.

Kek I thought you guys were being witty but I realized the OP is dumb. It should be two things you like and one thing you don't like. But I guess it's more fun to hate, so:
1. Poe's reveal in the attack on the castle
2. The line "he's never shown nonconformity before" means Finn became a """character""" the moment we see his face and not a second before.

3. I like nearly everything about Kylo

I am not a fan of Kylo Ren, but I think he gets too much shit. too easy of a target for hate early on in what is supposed to be a story based on other star wars. I did see him as whiny and not trained properly, but not annoying. certainly more interesting than little miss "I just heard about this, I'm an expert at it"

Poe was great in the beginning but got written out of the story immediately afterwards and they never followed through with his character
Kylo Ren revealed his face too soon, people in my theater laughed when it happened. If they had saved the mask reveal for his confrontation with Han, it would have been way more effective.

They gave Kylo Ren comedy scenes, which made him 100000% more bearable to watch than Anakin in the prequels. Their handling of Kylo Ren combined with the fact that Snoke might be Plaguies, what I really like is how the film not only indulged in OT nostalgia but took some of the interesting things from the prequels, tweaked them a little, and put them in an actually watchable film.

>took some of the interesting things from the prequels, tweaked them a little, and put them in an actually watchable film.
New force powers and cgi?

The beginning, the middle, and when it ended. Respectively

>2 things i didnt like
kylo ren was a whiny asshole and one of the most ridiculously un-threatening antagonists of the year
furthermore, there was no point to making the movie in the first place. nothing impactful was taken away from that experience, no thoughtful message was expressed, and there was nothing of any real substance beyond the very surface layer.

>1 thing i did like
i liked the hints at a much bigger antagonistic force at play. like the stuff with the big hologram bad guy really created a huge sense of scale. this is jsut one piece in the long-haul

Didnt like
>rey knows how to do everything
>new order somehow has better weapons than the empire

liked
>black guy was actually best character

Disliked.
>Undeveloped characters.
>Rathtar scene.
Liked.
Pretty much all of the effects and the aesthetic.

one of the worst and most blatant examples of a nostalgia pandering film ive seen and rey getting her knowledge of the force from nowhere

the x wings were cool

I disliked that it took the plot outline of A New Hope and tried to replicate the magic beat for beat

I disliked that, on the other hand, the creators were apparently oblivious to the narrative archetype "the hero with a thousand faces". By imitating everything but the "hero's journey" story arc, the creators truly missed the point. No wonder the result felt hollow.

I liked the line "tell that to Kanjiklub" and try to insert it into conversations when I can

Our two main protags, sweaty (black) man and competent white woman have nothing to go on other than they're pushed to do it by outside circumstances.
SHE wants to do it because...well she admitted she didn't want to, her family will pick her back up on Jakku
HE wants to do it because it's anything else. but he loves her, so he'll stick around more than he has to rather than get his neck to safety. nobody dies in star wars, it's not a real negative.

>Dislike

1. The plot was just plagiarized from A New Hope, J.J. Abrams is a hack

2. Le ebil space nazis as bad guys. Hollywood cannot create a believable villain without going capeshit retarded or literally hitler.

>Like

The practical effects were great. Especially the Stormtrooper outfits.

1. Expanded universe is kill.
2. The republic just let a bunch of space Nazi remnants roam through the galaxy after the galactic civil war recruiting new members.

Not really a like, but I've taken an interest in Snoke partly cause I've never heard of him before in the lore.
Looking forward to seeing what they do with him, for now he's just big Sidious.

>too derivative to the OT
>Phasma was the biggest disappointment since General Grievous

>Kylo and that ginger neo-nazi were entertaining as fuck, even if maybe for the wrong reasons

>First order appears out of nowhere with a bigger death star and no backstory
>Reys "omg the force! moment" during the lightsaber duel

>finn surprising me as the best character, too bad his backstory feels so forced in

>2 dislikes
The Quips
The Pacing

>1 like
the special effects

>Rey Sue
>literally nothing new

>everything about Kylo

I DID LIKE
Han and Chewie lost the Millennium Falcon and forgot where it was. Total classic move.
I also liked Finn feeling he had to be the savior and he never was. he didn't save whats her face from being abducted, he had no idea what to do on the Millennium Falcon, just a decent guy. The way he lied "i know where the shield things are" and everybody believed him and carried on. They get to it, "i lied. i'm sanitation. we'll use the force, it'll be a'ight" is great.

I didn't like the story taking place over a couple days. It didn't give enough time for Rey to realize, use and abuse her powers. It had to be right away, as if she's super special compared to everybody else. Even LUKE and ANAKIN needed time to learn the skills she did in hours.

>dislike
1. Recycled plot with yet another death star

2. Reys Force "awakening" felt way too fast

Bonus : Chewie and Leia walking right past each other without acknowledging each other after Han died.

>like
Kylo and ginger nazi

chewie was barely in the fucking movie

Disliked
>Rey, she's a Mary Sue
>Pacing of the movie was absolute shite

Liked

>all the other new characters

Rey will heel turn, and Kylo will face turn

>screams out Disney
>rehashed plot

>my nigga Poe

Almost scene for scene rip off of a new hope.
It wasn't scary enough. I want it to be darker. This is 2016.

Thing I liked was that the new order is all white. The niggers kicked out and the planets that are purged are all minority planets.

>>Pacing of the movie was absolute shite
I didn't want to say this was my biggest issue, but it does all happen so quickly
it feels like it's just the same thing I've seen a dozen times before. the desert planet, getting picked up, only it doesn't have that...."travel"...time. All the traveling in the movie seems to take place instantaneously, ESPDECIALLY at the end where they piece together Luke's whereabouts, it takes them all of 20 seconds to travel there.

The entire movie taking place in a weeks time is ridiculous, I think. Not sure if it's ridiculous.

>Mary Sue
>Death Star... again

I liked Harrison Ford. He isn't the same but it was nice to see him do something decent for a change. Plenty of good banter.

>2. The republic just let a bunch of space Nazi remnants roam through the galaxy after the galactic civil war recruiting new members.
A bunch of Nazis hiding in Argentina after the war somehow re-built a war machine that could challenge Europe and the US combined.

Who are you quoting

I liked him. I think the idea of being conflicted by >the light
but that being a frightening thing to him is interesting

>Who are you quoting
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.reddit

1. Too much nostalgia. You got three movies guaranteed, chill out.
2. Everyone has to quip. 1 or 2 quippy characters, shit everyone can have their moment, but everyone, all the time doesnt have to say something funny.
Storm trooper design, the new empire design was nice. I don't think kylo should have taken off his helmet right away or at all this movie.
Maybe drop the helmet right before killing Han then not show it. A darker more obi wan vs vader type battle between Rey and Kylo. Small glimpses of what he looks like. But not full face.

Unnecessary new Death Star
New characters were all shit apart from kylo

Boyega and Ford

Also thought Gleeson was pretty underrated.

Recycled storyline
Rey is good at everything

Finn was great.

>didn't like
Rey as a character
The plot making no sense at all

>did like
Kylo Ren as a character. He pulled off the whiny little bitch wannabe force master way better than Anakin

Bad things that haven't been mentioned:
>Bad choreography. The ending fight was a joke.
>Finn. He had personality/culture, even though his backstory was that he was number raised by the empire 2. His flip/flop attitude felt less like personal struggle and more like a selfish flat character that didn't grow.

Good thing:
>The lightsaber resistant batons were neato

I thought the Stormtrooper outfits were fucking genius. Sleeker and updated while still instantly recognizable. Whoever designed those fucking nailed it.

Why did The First Order have access to better technology than the Empire ever did?

Why does the republic just sit and let the First Order develop another planet-destroying weapon instead of getting involved and finishing them off? Why is the Resistance still a rebel organization when they won the Galactic Civil War?

>bad
Shitty story
normie liking it
>good
Kylo Ren

>2 dislikes
Maz
Phasma's uselessness

>1 like
All the anally devastated manbabies this movie generated

Bad:
>it exists
>it's liberal propaganda

Good:
>it didn't beat Avatar

Rey is a Mary Sue
Lots of similarities in plot with a new hope
Nazifying the bad guys (that much) feels like a cop out
>>
The amount of time we spent with Luke (or any OT character)
Rey's theme
The Jedi temple island theme
The character interactions
The amount and quality of banter
The lightsaber fight
Rey's nightmare scene
The initial Falcon fight in Jakku
BB-8

dislikes:
>what should the bad guy's plan be this time?
>duuuuuh... how about a death star but bigger again?
>why don't we actually try to come up with something original?
>no
2. rey being able to learn how to use advanced force techniques with 0 training faster than a previous character that was literally created by the force
they could've handled that so much better
liked:
snoke was definitely interesting, excited to learn more about him

Dislike - the wanton destruction of pine trees

Like - Harrison Ford. Great to see him kicking ass and taking names again. Also his shock/surprise/sadness simultaneously shown on his face when Ren runs him through. Still a grade A actor when he's pushed and not phoning it in.

>Bad choreography. The ending fight was a joke.
>The lightsaber resistant batons were neato
Does not compute

>that Snoke might be Plaguies
Nope

It made people think that mediocrity is ok as long as it's covered in thin nostalgia.

They somehow made the death of Han Solo feel meaningless.

Daisy is a qt and I think all the characters have potential under better writers and directors.

The evil gingers speech was just ridiculous. Didn't fit the tone of Star Wars at all.
People being able to see another planet explode in the sky of their planet makes no sense JJ. NONE!

Chewie getting the bedside manner was adorable.

wasn't a fan of the black guy
soundtrack was forgettable

rey was good

>2 things you didn't like
Death Star 3.0
No actual Luke scenes after the monologue in the trailer

>1 thing you did like
lost my shit when Kylo Ren stopped the blaster bolt

>Helicopter ending shot
Worst thing that happened in star wars.

I wonder if Target paid to have those guys in the movie.

Every single character from the original trilogy was out of place.
Finn wasn't the new Jedi character.

Kylo Ren was way better a character than I expected.

>Didn't like
Death Star 3
Snoke's design

>Did like
The puppet work

>b-b-b-but the writers/director/studio said he wasn't!
Just like how Cuminhersnatch wasn't Khan, right?

not enough murder
Just a remake of the first movie
When Chewie called out The Force

It is ridiculous.
There's no sense of time passing in the movie.
TFA is a lot better on the second viewing, imo.
Still not great, but better.

>>>
hello newfag

Those two points have absolutely no correlation to each other.

Hell Mengle figured out how to make twins happen in a given pregnancy given how many sets were born in places he lived and worked at.

>muh edgy hot topic vader knockoff
Holy shit kys Gaylo Ren fags

>Rebooting series with shitty new characters instead of focusing story on beloved original characters
>desperate rehash of original plot with shitty new characters

>Kylo's voice sounded cool when he had the helmet on

>Kylo's voice sounded pretty cool when he had the mask on

Overall I liked it but there were a few dumb quips and also the mary sue issue. Like Rey doesn't even know about the force and then she does a jedi mind trick and travels to see Luke with no explanation

The Asian sounding alien was also annoying

And then finn was a useless beta just there to make Rey look perfect. I'd prefer she get blacked desu

>Ignored the events that occurred in the Return of the Jedi which occurred roughly 30 years earlier.

>Treated "the force" as some figurative tale instead of millions of people over the age of 35 explaining to the next generation how all that shit was true and what went down.

Broke immersion/cannon right away due to an obvious crappy school system that does not teach modern history (30 years prior, come on)/geopolitical diplomacy.

>Choreography was good and well acted/CGI concepts

>didn't like
Han & Leia

>did like
Oscar Isaac

The acting/choreography during the fight scenes were good. All the acting concerning the dialog was shit except for von Sydow (Who still half assed it) and Gleeson.

>believable villain
>the fucking Empire in Star Wars
lol nerd

-Rey always having an answer for any situation she encountered, so she never actually struggled.
-Captain Phasma had no real significance to the story.

-Kylo Ren was a well-executed character
-Finn was much better than expected
-Poe was a cool guy

Why does he wear the mask?

Relies too much on old knowledge (who Luke and Vader are, etc.) while still begging for more exposition on the galaxy's current state
The scene where they capture and dispose of Phasma is very awkward and out-of-place

Decent "used future" aesthetic instead of the plastic CGI shit in the prequels

>Two things I disliked
-Captain Phasma being shoe horned to be the new Boba Fett.
-Rey being too good at everything.

>One thing I liked
-Seeing Han & Chewie again.

>boring and predictable story
>no 20th century fox fanfare put me off for the rest of the movie and it felt wrong

>poe

>Rey implicit force knowledge bullshit
>All the planets look like literally california/vancouver instead of using a little modern moviemaking magic to make them look like an actual fucking alien world

>Kylo Ben was enjoyable as an emo wannabe edgelord

Rey uses jedi mind tricks out of nowhere with no training whatsoever.
"Oh look, another fucking death star".

The atmosphere of the original trilogy.

The girl.
Adam Driver's face.

The black guy's performance.

ban mass replies

>didnt
third death star was really fucking cheap
leigha

>did
the big picture. all major players of the galactic are completely defunct. the republic, first order/post-empire, jedi order, sith order.

Didn't like Finn.
Didn't like the actors acting.

Did like when he pulled out the lightsaber and got his ass whupped by a Storm Trooper who called him out as a Traitor.
To be honest, that scene was my fav part of the movie and it didn't even involve Rey or Luke/Had/Leia.

Yeah, Poe's black and orange X-Wing was slick.

>gold stormtrooper loyalist betrays her side immediately despite knowing that ren would probably torture her
>grill has better flying and mechanic knowledge than han solo

>actually found the black guy to be genuinely good comic relief

>Rey being unanimously loved by everyone, gaining Force powers for thinking really hard
>The fact it showed that our heroes didn't achieve all that much in nuCanon, still going with the Empire/Rebels dynamic while completely foregoing an explanation for that.

>It looked great.

>cheap copy of A New Hope
>fanfic tier writing

>Kylo talks to Vader's helmet

He's the dark side version of luke and he was a whiney bitch too

>maz katana
>it's a ep 4 remake

>I got a hand job when I saw it in the kinorium

>fight between Rey and Kylo
>she overpowers him in a grapple
The fight choreography is shit.

>I bypassed the character development
>New Hope storyline

>Finn and Po

calm down plinkett

>all these nerds picking apart a kids movie

alright bucko, what would you have done?

off the top of my head, maybe something with the power of a death star but smaller, maybe tank sized,you know like a weapon to surpass metal gear, some crazy shit they could move around with ease
or maybe a weird bio-droid army that could use the force lethally somehow although simply
or maybe some kinda force bomb?
or even better, not have a super weapon at all and just focus on the chase and slow down the movie a little bit and have it make more sense
I just don't understand how the had the resources to build a planet sized death star and at the same time they need to hire contractors
it's just lazy, they could've sat down and brainstormed for a couple days and I guarantee they would've come up with a much better idea
hell I'd be happy if it was a fucking death cube

Bad

1. Everything about it was shit
2.That it was worse than the prequels

Good
1. "That's not how the force works", literally the only good moment in the entire movie.

>The plot
>The writing

>The production design and the action set pieces designed around them.

user's critique is more Plinkett than the real Plinkett was regarding TFA.

The writing
The action

The x-wings. Though I can't explain why

Kylo having autistic sperge out is enjoyable

Rey
The fucking awful Soundtrack

The confrontation between Han and Kylo, felt the closest to capturing the emotional tone of the OT in this entire shit show