How can an album be so amazing? I've heard it 100 times and it still sounds like hearing music for the first time...

How can an album be so amazing? I've heard it 100 times and it still sounds like hearing music for the first time. It's just so vast and overwhelmingly beautiful.

try killing yourself faggot

listen to have one on me it's even better

alright ill bite whats the album and artist name ill give it a shot

bruh

literally in the picture

>4
yeah i realized like 4 seconds after hitting "post"

Rolling Floyds - Abbey Chode

Truly a 10/10. Nothing else she did comes even close to this though.

Have One on Me has some good songs, but it borders on wimpy Tori Amos soft rock at parts and that kills it.

listen to ys street band ep, it has her best song (colleen). but yeah ys is her magnum opus and a masterpiece of the 21st century

Just wait until you listen to Milk Eyed Mender; it's even better

>Love Ys
>Think all her other albums are mediocre
What's wrong with me bros?

>it borders on wimpy Tori Amos soft rock at parts and that kills it

wtf is even this comment post-ironically kys

nothing, its hard to achieve the level of perfection she did with Ys, not surprising she couldn't recreate it

It means it's boring vaginacore like Aimee Mann. Is that a better way of phrasing it?

Fucking tumblrinas need to leave.

Give HOOM another try, its way less accessible and digestible compared to Ys, but she does so many new things that its hard to keep track in a few listens, so its natural to keep going back to the easier listening experience of Ys

>buzzwords

Also, Newsom and Amos sound nothing alike, just cause she decided to use a piano doesnt mean she's imitating her. Listen to more music, meanwhile don't you have a Björk thread to go back to?

how do you pronounce the title?

THE METEROITE IS THE SOURCE OF THE LOIGHT

eece

ease

This is my personal GOAT. Her other albums are great but nothing has ever touched me like Ys. Every musical phrase is a wave of joy.
To anyone trying to get into her, start with Ys and try to get past her voice. I literally thought I was being trolled the first time I listened to it, but the voice will grow on you.

Dont really like any instrumentation beyond her first album desu. That blue EP the same year as Ys was so much more enjoyable, i really wish they had reworked/added something to Emily as well in there, with those people.

I guess it's too much to expect sonic experimentation from her, and feels like the playfulness of initial work is lost. As it's just lyrics that i can focus on.

Just listened to this and holy shit I can't stand her voice

I think her songwriting and lyrics carry all her music and the extra instrumentation just push it a little further. Although I could see how it's a little extravagant sometimes.
MEM gets a little boring now that I'm completely familiar with it. I like that I can still hear new things on Divers and Ys.

divers was too sonically cluttered for me

>:plink plonk plink:
>:raspy voice wailing in distance:
>amazing
the absolute state of Sup Forums

another pleb has been filtered

>where are the riffs?

lmao

Only Skin has more 10/10 moments than any other single album in existence

Agreed. Don't like using them buzzwords but this stuff is 100% soy