How do small market teams compete in MLB? don't the good players eventually get poached by the big teams?

how do small market teams compete in MLB? don't the good players eventually get poached by the big teams?

Other urls found in this thread:

transfermarkt.com/primera-division/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/ES1
statista.com/statistics/193645/revenue-of-major-league-baseball-teams-in-2010/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no such thing as small markets in MLB, unless we are talking about Tampa Bay and Cinci.

There are plenty actually.

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, etc

exactly why watching boreball is a waste of time

They don't. They are just minor league teams for the Yankees and the Dodgers.

Kek

real madrid value: 783M euros
osasuna value: 40M euros
transfermarkt.com/primera-division/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/ES1

ny yankees revenue: $526M
tampa bay revenue: $206M
statista.com/statistics/193645/revenue-of-major-league-baseball-teams-in-2010/

the money in mlb is spread out more evenly than some of the other leagues we're used to watching.

It's called revenue sharing and as a Libertarian, I am appalled that it exists.

I fucking hate the stankees.

why does that matter. all you need to do is get a wildcard spot which is doable for small market teams and just be that one team that's hot. at least then it's not lol lebron vs the warriors or patriots vs somebody lmao.

Small market teams cannot afford their core players once they get competitive.

>i live in new york or california and i've never been outside new york or california: the post

Even big market teams aren't good every year anymore

value =/= revenue.
Yankees value is in the billions.

You're being serious? Check the numbers. Those teams are miles behind in revenue

pittsburgh and cincy have been around since your great grandfather was in middle school. small market teams don't last that long, sorry little buddy.

>I watched moneyball and now I get baseball

Kansas City just won a fucking World Series ya dingleheimer

>how do small market teams compete in MLB?

They don't.

And neither has been consistently competitive since the late 80s/early 90s.

You tried.

They had to mortgage their whole future to do it. What they did is not sustainable. Now they're gutted again.

Dont even bother.

Prob nigger egg collision fan or nigger hoopball watcher.

because they don't need to be, they're beloved teams. i know you're 17 and you don't know what legacy means yet but someday you'll figure it out.

>because they don't need to be
The fuck are you talking about? If you told a Pirates fan they'll never win the World Series again, I think they'd seriously reconsider following the team.

I wonder what daily life is like when you're this retarded. It's not about "sustainability" - It's about winning a world series, you idiot. There is not one baseball team that is "sustainable", not for more than a few years. They go up and down all the time.

Basketball, no doubt. This "sustainability" bullshit is 100% basketball talk, because that sport is completely tilted towards 2 or 3 teams.

All these teams need to quit being small ballers or learn to stay in their lane

The Yankees don't have to ever worry about losing top players to large market teams poaching their talent.

That isn't true. They just lost Chris Carter

Because they chose not to keep him. Small market teams rarely have that option

Boy oh boy is that bullshit. Do you really think other large market teams aren't looking at getting each others talent? The yankees have a bullpen that is pitching unbelievably well right now, for example, and you can bet any one of them would take more money elsewhere to be a starting pitcher, especially for a large market team.

It is so painfully obvious you don't watch this sport.

no, they'd tell you to go fuck yourself and walk away.

>The Yankees have a bullpen that is pitching unbelievably well right now

Are you fucking kidding me?

You just blew it buddy. Chapman is making huge money with the Yankees. Guess where he started his career and why isn't he still there?

Why don't you go back to watching Golden State vs Lebron year after year after fucking year? The bullshit nigger-rigged Basketball mafia business mindset cannot apply to Baseball.

Chapman literally went from Yankees to a world series Cubs team coming off a 100-year drought back to the Yankees. Get fucked. That's proof positive that teams trade all the time between all kinds of sizes of markets.

But where did he start?

Do you understand salary caps, and how baseball doesn't have them?

damm, youre mad.

I don't watch apehoop. I'm a Yankee fan, and the only sport I watch is baseball

At some point, you guys will realize professional sports are really dumb.

boreball fans btfo yet again

1 year ago the Chicago Cubs had the longest fucking drought in baseball at 108 years. 15 years ago the Red Sox had the second longest championship drought in baseball. The SF Giants went about 50 years without a championship until they won again a few years ago. The Phillies and White Sox also had long as fuck droughts. Now, the Texas Rangers have the 2nd longest drought in baseball and they're the oldest team to never win a world series.

These are all big market teams. You don't know shit about baseball OP.

We've reached the point where teams realize monster contracts never, ever pay off. That being said, the Yankees are no longer buying championships like they did early on. They always had the highest payroll, until the Dodgers took over some 5 years ago. Now teams are drafting well, and while you have some rebuilding teams, little market teams like Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay always pull off meme runs to the playoffs.

>Value vs Revenue

Chapman was sent the Yankees because Cincinnati couldn't afford to keep him.

>the Dodgers

Yeah Dodgers have been real dominant

>No-one mentions Rule 5 Draft

Fuck this board

With the exception of Pittsburgh and Milwaukee, every team there has at least won or been to the world series since 1990