Is the balk the most esoteric obscure fake non-rule in all of sports?

Is the balk the most esoteric obscure fake non-rule in all of sports?

Nope. He clearly moved his shoulder.

Strikeouts not counting on wild pitches is weirder desu

>brb breathe deeply on the mound causing
>balk

>sneeze
>balk

>move your pinky
>balk

Don't you still have to make it to first with no other runners on base?

Or just no runner on first?

Yeah. But I don't get the rationale for the rule. It's just bizarre.

I've seen two balks today and both of them are so obscenely subtle that a pitcher literally cannot make the slightest irregular movement or any movement that can interpreted to be irregular that it could be call on every pitch

It was the flinch of his hands as he breathed out, I believe

He made a motion after coming set with them yet didn't proceed to the plate afterwards.

>obscure
wanna know how i know you never played baseball?

>Move in the direction of home without pitching = balk
>Disengaging your back foot from the rubber before moving =/= balk

It's not hard, guys

Esoteric?

That's an obvious one. I've seen far more hard to spot balks. Regardless, it has to exist or we'd never see another base-stealing attempt ever again.

this is the only reason i know what esoteric means

think of the last strike as putting the ball in play. as you swing through it, the catcher catches it for the out before it hits the ground. but if it passes him it's in play and you can run to first as if you made contact, because no one ever caught the ball for the out

top kek, a guy just batted in a run by running to first after striking out on a wild pitch when the bases were loaded

the balk is kino
if you're a pleb you won't understand

I'd put holding in football above it
the guys job is literally to hold the guy there, but if he holds the guy there it's against the rules.
throw in the fact that it happens 10 times a play, and it becomes far too apparent that it's there solely for the purposes of activating refball

thinking of it that way, wouldn't it be a foul ball and the batter then gets another pitch to look at?

>think of the last strike as putting the ball in play.
Why?

Foul ball requires the bat to make contact with the ball and for it to land in foul territory.

Pass ball is just the catcher missing it without contact being made

what a retarded sport

Once you come set, you gotta be ready to throw. If not, disengage. It's harsh, but fair.

pitchers seem to be the most fucked over thus far in MLB 2017

I was at this game. I had a WTF face when this happened.

Did he sneeze?

Weak bait. Heres a pity (You)

>losing a game because you slightly adjusted your glove, deceiving nobody, and have zero significance whatsoever

>boreball fags will defend this

It has happened 21 times in the last 100 years. Maybe he shouldn't have fucked up

The purpose of the rule is to prevent pitchers from deceiving base runners who may try to steal

Turning your head slightly and moving your glove 1 inch doesn't deceive anyone

The rule needs to be lightened up to obvious cases

21 times too many

Pitchers should learn the fucking rules.

This is why high iq whites pitch

This. Too many fucking idiot Dominicans in the game now. Colin Cowherd was right, they're fucking retards.

It doesn't matter because baseball is boring. It would be a lot more interesting if there were 9 outs per half inning and each batter gets 1 swing. If you miss or foul sit the fuck down. If the pitcher throws 1 shitty pitch take your base. It would be more like cricket (less boring).

Pajeet don't you have a street to be shitting in?

I've had more entertaining sessions of watching paint dry than baseball.

how about the infield fly rule?

btw: that was a balk. Once that foot is on the rubber, it's showtime.

It should be allowed so we can watch sick plays.

>IQ

>The purpose of the rule is to prevent pitchers from deceiving base runners who may try to steal
This is so dumb. Why shouldn't the pitcher be allowed to deceive base runners? It happens all the time in other aspects of controlling the running game, e.g. the hidden ball trick.