How come I never see Sup Forums talking about any Star Trek

how come I never see Sup Forums talking about any Star Trek

is it actually any good or was it all just pop culture memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/subtle?s=t
youtube.com/watch?v=ezsy3OSy1fU
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-woman-captain-916866
youtube.com/watch?v=kXuQiZLY9q4
youtu.be/kXuQiZLY9q4?t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=MByG-OSnc_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is usually a general floating around somewhere

Trek threads are comfy threads.

>how come I never see Sup Forums talking about any Star Trek
try lurking longer than 2 hours next time

Because you came from Reddit yesterday. There is always at least one Trek thread up a day.

Star Trek is shit thats why

This is my shipfu. None shall have her. For she is mine.

This is really poor effort in trying to make a decent Trek edition.

At least ask a question about a character or race, or make a clever observation, or talk about a lesser known subject, or conflate another pop culture franchise, or use clickbait.

Just don't start such a mind numbingly generic Trek thread like this that shows you should've been scooped out of your sloppy mother's snatch.

Were Dukat and Weyoun lowkey lovers?

Okona was not really that outrageous

What are you dumb?

Trek threads are time a dozen, you basically stumble over them going through the catalog. This is a subtle way to start a Star Trek thread though.

What is up with Enterprise opening credits? It's like the least Star Trek thing ever

No.

>This is a subtle way to start a Star Trek thread though.

dictionary.com/browse/subtle?s=t

How dar u.

Are we allowed to like TNG Edits?

youtube.com/watch?v=ezsy3OSy1fU

It's 4:30 please no bully.

> It's people try to convince you that people would work for free episode
biggest plothole of the entire series premise

I solve captchas for free

>Are we
Do you really need other's approval to decide whether you do or don't feel good by watching something?

I would love to contribute to the thread in response to your question but I don't live my life being pulled around by a dog collar.

Yes. I remember Dayjob Orchestra's TNG edits.

I think there's been less trek generals though because discovery looks somewhat depressing.

It was in jest big guy, settle down.

I find them hilarious, this show has some really absurd moments. Even ones that are really just youtube poop, I don't care if they're /reddit/ or not.

Because you don't go on Sup Forums?

homosexuality is a sin, Dukat has done nothing wrong

so no

Ready for SJW Trek

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-woman-captain-916866

Only ones I like consistently are the Major Grin ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=kXuQiZLY9q4

>inb4 "but Star Trek has ALways been Pr0gressive!!"

Dukat impregnates everything he sees: Bajoran women, some Bajoran men, the replicator on deck 9, and so on. You would think that he tried at least once with Weyoun.

>it's a "major, I fucked your mom" episode.

Dude got around.

Yes hello

He and Kira would've made a great couple, but no...

Dukat was a slutty lizard.

>we will NEVER see the spinoff where Kira accepted his offer to fight alongside him in the stolen Bird of Prey

>we will NEVER see an anime adaptation where tsundere Kira rejects Dukat until they fall in love from Kira kissing Dukat when they are alone at night sitting on a park bench overlooking a lake

DUKAT WOULD BLUSHU SO HARD

Star Trek was hipster pretend cinema on TV. Targeted towards the progressive pseuds before it was trendy. Inauthentic to the core with some of the most hamfisted liberal guilt tripping themes in TV history. It pretends deepness with a shallow cover of "SCIENCE BITCH, LOOK AT THESE LASERS". It pretends to be art, thus being faux-art. The start of cultural heathenism and anti-cinema that infects our societal and cinematic pillars to the pantheons of art in the modern day.

Quit procrastinating and go finish your final draft for film class. No one except your professor wants to hear it.

The importance of the experience is not in what one learns from it, but in that one experiences it. The fuel is not a theoretical principle, not a didactic “message,” but the life-giving fact of experiencing a moment of metaphysical joy - a moment of love for existence.

Art is man’s metaphysical mirror; what a rational man seeks to see in that mirror is a salute; what an irrational man seeks to see is a justification - even if only a justification of his depravity, as a last convulsion of his betrayed self-esteem.

Between these two extremes, there lies the immense continuum of men of mixed premises - whose sense of life holds unresolved, precariously balanced or openly contradictory elements of reason and unreason - and works of art that reflect these mixtures. Since art is the product of philosophy (and mankind’s philosophy is tragically mixed), most of the world’s art, including some of its greatest examples, falls into this category.

Reminder that Dukat did EVERYTHING wrong, he was a corrupt globalist that sold out his empire's interests to the Dominion which led to their multicultural collapse. Damar was the nationalist hero who saved the Cardassian homeworld and secured a future for spoonhead children.

What's with Star Trek and vagina forehead aliens?

it's the simplest, flattest visible part of the body to stick a pound of cheap makeup on.

REMINDER: Dukat would do anything to get into Weyoun's pants ever since Kira rejected him even supporting the damn Dominion.

Eroticism.

>vulcan salute with thumb in
come at me fatties

The Vulcan Shocker

Also, witnessed.

Nice non-greentexted, overly worded opinion.

That's all that is, Ayn.

Next time, at least quote her with greater than symbols.

trying rather hard for this time of day

>faux-art

^ this isn't anything. it isn't a thing you just started; isn't even contextually real.

Considering how up on family they are (and how they were starving and not making enough babies a generation ago) I doubt the Cardies tolerate homosexing.

I bet you've never solved a crossword puzzle

>vagina forehead
rather undeveloped vagina no?

Star Trek has always been progressive (especially when Roddenberry was allowed to be in charge) although that's wholly distinct from what SJW is.

>Are we allowed to

Is this redditspeak "ironic" or did you just ship over today?

Deep enough for me.

Dukat already made over a million half-Cardassian babies so I think he's allowed a little fun. And who knows? Maybe Weyoun's clone got some extra parts added in so he can carry Dukat's babies?

>needing three paragraphs of another person's writings to try and obliquely interpret a sci-fi show
>"don't mind my 'mink is murder' t-shirt"

I'd call you a lightweight but that'd imply you actually can think for yourself.

Bless you, Xu Wei.

my word

You don't see deeply.

So what if I came from reddit? What the fuck is your problem? It's a popular website and there's nothing wrong with it. Why are these posts allowed? >hurr durr you're from reddit. Yes I am. Yes, I am. Now what?

I have no problem with homosexuality, but why is their always one of you making it about every single post you make?
Is it all you think about?

Well now you need to fuck off like the sissy piece of shit you are.

>getting this butthurt
lurk moar faggot
when in rome do as the romans, dont be a fucking nigger

I made non-homo posts in this thread and I made homo posts in this thread. But since I am not a tripfag, you don't know that. Would you rather have screennames like on other sites?

>So what if I came from reddit? What the fuck is your problem?

No, but opening your post with "Can I like this guys?" is more akin to redditors since it's avowed policy of most of the sub-reddits to ban and quash any language that is remotely racial, anti-homosexuality, anti-counter culture, anti-establishment.

The term echochamber doesn't come from being on the site but it's definitely forced upon the greater whole of the site.

Understood? Got it now?!

It's the Bashir guy.
I'm pretty certain that's who this guy bringing in the Dukat/Weyoun posts.
If that's you, it's fine, but it seems to be all you think about is your fictional characters having homosexual relationships and that's where it ends.
And, no, please don't namefag, you wouldn't need it at this point.

Get a bag of ice or something.

Nah, not the Bashir guy.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>I suggested that these results would follow from the assumption that most of the methodological work in modern linguistics maximizes the probability of project success, while minimizing cross-cultural shock elements in the profound meaning of "The Raw and the Cooked". We need not, however, assume that the fundamental error of regarding functional notions as categorial is further compounded when taking into account the postulated use of dialog management technology.

All I got out of this was "raw cooking" and I thought of Neelix.

>Miles, you are chilling!
>Hey, no better fookin' goid man!
youtu.be/kXuQiZLY9q4?t=10s

>Now what?

Fuck if I know user. Welcome?

Spot was male then Spot became female for plot convenience. That... why?

But more importantly, would Data name all his cats "Spot" or would he get creative like "Spot II: The Respottening" and "Spot 3: You've Got to be Kitten Me"?

youtube.com/watch?v=MByG-OSnc_k
Feline Gender Reassignment Surgery
It's 2360!
I mean - COME ON!

"Spot 10: This Time It's Purrsonal."

looks like labia minora

>MIIIILLLEEESSS!!? Have you seen my Man-eating Nettles?

I literally just woke up and you guys are blaming me for weird homosexual posts already. ;_;

Why does everyone hate the Star Wars special editions but everyone's fine with the remastered Star Trek TOS?

Here's your (you) since you actually baited some of these niggers. Your game needs a lot of work though.

Now I know you're on the same coast as Starfleet headquarters (which really does say a lot).

It's okay, chief. You're fine by me.

This reminds me...

Went to the Oriental Grocery store yesterday. The Asian woman smelled like morning breath every time she walked by me.

It was like she was transported (Star Trek terms) directly from a Beijing ghetto into the store and started shuffling about).

OBJECTIVE RANKING:
TOS > DS9 > TNG > Enterprise > Voyager

Because there wasnt a blue alien with weird lips singing for six minutes in Trouble With Tribbles. Lucas added in stupid shit because he could. He didn't enhance anything.

It's bad but not offensively bad. I have the un-remastered ones with comfy practical effects and colors that haven't had the saturation turned up to 110%, so prefer to watch those.

All these tumblr filenames are short-circuiting me.
I do wonder if it's a meme to like TOS ironically.

The action scenes are quite laughable at times, the costumes are community college tier, the acting from anything other than the leads is quite awful.

The stories are really hit or really miss. I can't say I sort of liked a TOS episode; very love or hate.

At times, Shatner's a great lead, and at times he's walking-talking satire.

Of all the things on the show that is almost never bad is McCoy and Spock's banter. Like 95% of it is enjoyable.

You know, not to take anything away from the series, it just can't compare in any way to TNG or DS9 as a whole.

It's okay, dude. Bashir a cute.

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go through the wormhole tomorrow if you are in the Alpha Quadrant.

Better couple comin' through

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

We'd write fanfic together?

I'm okay with this. Anybody else want in on this?

Doubles of truth.

Nah, let's just keep it us. And maybe... just maybe... swap them around for fun: Bashir/Garak, Bashir/Weyoun, Bashir/Dukat, Dukat/Weyoun, Dukat/Garak, and Garak/Weyoun.

What about Damar though? Also does Weyoun even have balls? For some reason I always think all the Vorta are just Ken dolls.

There are Trek threads every day.
why isn't this on new stands?

>Bashir is just welp

>Spot 3: You've got to be kitten me

DAMAR CAN JUST WATCH AND LIKE IT or be paired up with Weyoun and Bashir... maybe even at the same time

The Vorta have normal genitals. Weyoun just tucks to look nice in his outfit.

PLUCK .. THE ROSE

WELP

Trek threads used to be great until they got turned into cancer generals.

Nah, Trek threads were never great. Sometimes they were good, other times they were okay, but they were never great, much like all of Star Trek itself.

>Spot 3 the search for spot
Data is working in engineering and doesnt see spot enter the warp core. As spot bites down on the dilithium crystal Data notices and rushes to shut down the core. A bright flash of light and the cat dissapears in a seemingly death by disintegration.

Over the course of the next few days Data begins to hallucinate cat sounds and even cat features on the other crew. Notably when seeing councilor troi about coping with the death of spot he hears troi purring and licking herself.

Cat paws geordie kneeds at datas positronic brain but finds nothing wrong, everything check meout. With geordies claws still in his neural net Data replays his cats death and realizes that spot was pregnant and that those babies are now cosmic entities stuck in a pocket universe cause by the warp bubble. It is now up to him and kit laforge to rescue them

never skip leg day