Godzilla oppenheimer teaser

paranormalpopculture.com/2013/12/leaked-godzilla-teaser-trailer.html

isnt it an irony that the short highly atmospheric teaser for the US zilla totally captures the vibe of the 2016 JAP zilla? its not even found anymore on youtube.

> I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

this could actually be a total reference to the scene when he shoots multi lazers from his back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dx0oY7imIk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

America doesn't have the balls to do nightmare godzilla. And thats fine. They have a different mindset about The Bomb. Try as they might to feel guilt its still a massive OO RAH for them.

Let America pump out superhero godzilla with crazy crossovers. Leave nuclear atrocity Gojira to Japan. It just works.

>its not even found anymore on youtube.
I remember when that first leaked, WB went to insane lengths to scrub the file even from mega and other hosting services

They have to propagandise the shit out of it because the alternative is teaching the more accurate version of history, which was that the bomb wasn't necessary, and it was mainly aimed at relations with the USSR

i remember this OP

what's strange and misleading about it to me was the teaser has this shot with corpses on the ground. it really got my interest, which ultimately no godzilla movie has been able to follow thru on.

is there a fucking batshit violent one i missed?

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=dx0oY7imIk8

Godzilla14 is such a love/hate movie; an almost perfect Godzilla design is paired against two new b-tier (not bad, just not A or S rank) Kaiju. One of the two interesting characters dies too soon, the other has a trailer line and not much else. And it paces and composes the encounters of the monsters with admirable restraint and nuance, yet the filler is as boring as the most boring movie you've ever seen.

how do yall feel about my boy michael dougherty directing the next american godzilla?

It was also much cheaper to drop 2 bombs then to organize a land invasion of Japan

>That dumb shit American who thinks the bombs had anything to do with Japan or the Japanese war.

Every thread. They were little test showing to the Soviets who were coming in from the north, nothing more. Japan was well beyond the line of return by that point and surrender was inevitable in the coming months.

It's not even that good, but it's better than the movie ever was. It teased some monster that didn't even appear in the movie. Very stupid. Even from the little I saw of it I could tell it would have been more interesting and memorable than the mutos.

This bait sucks.

You're right. They should have gone with the alternative with operation downfall and wiped the nips off the face of the earth.

It would've taken till the 70s and cost many more lives but it would have been worth it to exterminate the japs

>composes the encounters of the monsters with admirable restraint and nuance
redpill me on godzilla 14

A boring movie with exactly ONE somewhat interesting character that dies a third of the way through. The movie has a cheap, amateurish quality to it because the director is very inexperienced, having only made one film prior that isn't particularly notable. Skip it.

The movie should have been focused on Cranstons character, fueled by the death of his wife and chasing Godzilla as he rampages across the world in some futile grief stricken revenge quest.

if you only read the first sentence, this post is true

Jesus, that trailer looks like it's advertising a much better movie. And it looks like Godzilla is fighting some other multi-armed monster which fits the quote, instead of those retarded fucking Cloverfield rip-offs we got in the movie

The movie looks cheap though.

B-but muh animus

Why does everyone sucks that guy's dick so much? Every character in the movie was boring and that dude was no different, is it just because he was in Breaking Bad? All he did was drag the whole "It wasn't a natural disaster!" thing that honestly dragged on for more than it should've considering we all knew it's a fucking monster that did it. On that regard i'm thankful to Shin for not dragging the "figuring out what's going on" part

He's the only character in the movie that's interesting at all. Even if he isn't very interesting he's still interesting to some degree. I've never even watched Breaking Bad. He's just a good actor, even with the shit he had to work with in Godzilla.

I love the fact that american Godzilla has the mid Showa to Heisei era goofiness while the Japs are doing the more seriousness that the Showa era started with.

The American movies will be the more junkfood cinema.

That's likely the very reason why wants to genocide the Japanese. Millennials are just that triggered.

I tried reading the Bhagdad-Gita because they talked about it on Ancient Aliens and I like mythologies and shit, but it was boring as fuck and full of anime-tier cliches. I don't see what's the big deal. Poo in loos can't write for shit.

>In July 2013, Edwards confirmed an origin story for the film.[78] He also confirmed that Godzilla would be an anti-hero rather than a villain or a hero. He also discussed the themes incorporated into the film, stating "Godzilla is definitely a representation of the wrath of nature. We've taken it very seriously and the theme is man versus nature and Godzilla is certainly the nature side of it. You can't win that fight. Nature's always going to win and that's what the subtext of our movie is about. He's the punishment we deserve".

Lying faggot.

You're right. They were lying with the teaser.

>the theme is man versus nature and Godzilla is certainly the nature side of it.

The MUTOs represent mankind?

>the theme is man versus nature
Well, it was the theme through out the movie if you weren't stupid enough to notice it. The problem was that Godzilla ended up being the the good guy and the mutos where the "vengeful" spirits of our assaults towards nature.
Why? I don't fucking know, He wanted kids to sheer for Godzilla instead of fear him like we fear Tsunamis, Earthquakes, etc

but did you get the philosophy of Gita?

no MUTO and zilla were nature.

the message of the murican zilla was:

>this is what ants probably feel like when a lion fights a bear. you just witness and cant do shit because higher beeings are so big they dont even notice you. just hope the one who doesnt care about you wins.

>The bombs weren't necessary
Weeboos are the worst...

>If it wasnt for America, Big G would have never existed