How americanized is your country? How do you feel about it?

How americanized is your country? How do you feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ca5Xw8361iE
youtube.com/watch?v=l2G360HrSAs
youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Gold_Coast
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Masri
youtube.com/watch?v=7mid2V-YV6w
americanismos.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pretty americanized

To the point were common speach is plagued with words of clear English origin.

Couldn't care less.

Like what especifically, can't really think of anything right now. And niche technical words don't really count. I think we might have more italian loanwords than english

a lot. they even import american bullshit like queer gender theory. i hate america

Extremely

Very.

De Gaulle basically gave us the same constitutional law, => presidential regime.
But it keeps getting "better". 2 elections ago, the left adopted the US "primaries" system so that the grassroots militants choose the candidate. The right-wing did it for the first time this year (Fillon). etc etc

One of the 2 main parties, the right-wing one, RPR aka UMP just renamed itself "Les Républicains"

US citizens who visit here can't believe there is *only* anglo music in bars, clubs, tv, radio...

If a kid wears a sweater with something written on it, 99% it's in english, usually with a US reference.

not at all

We banned evolution from high schools.
God bless america

Too much, it's annoying and soon cancerous American trends like BLM and kill whitey will spread. I would much rather just being a clone of Britain.

>And niche technical words don't really count
I was actually thinking about that kind of shit. Anything refering to technology and new forms of media. And also the tendency to say names in English with a blatantly awful English pronunciation (although that may only happen on TV and it's just me).

One of the most Americanized countries in the world, I think.

Popular culture is dominated by American trends, either directly or by emulating them.

90% of the music on the radio is English-language music.

About 70% of the shows on TV are dubbed American productions and their re-runs.

Our whole political system was heavily influenced by the US when it was set up, notably the strength of the Surpreme court and the federal checks of the states.

America is always on the news, sometimes even domestic stuff.

>2 elections ago, the left adopted the US "primaries" system
How did the parties choose their candidates before?

TWO HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT!!!

Don't forget Macron doing his 'state of the nation' address soon.

>About 70% of the shows on TV are dubbed American productions and their re-runs.
Is Homeland well-known in Germany? How did people react to the Germany plotline?

A "natural leader" would appear.
The same candidate would run 3 to 5 times. (Mitterrand, Chirac...)

We used to say the US system couldn't be implemented, because the country was too small, and there weren't enough leaders to renew the candidates each time.

It actually turned out to be a suicide for the 2 big parties, it made Macron.

Yes. At least we're not a federation ;)

HAHAHAHAHAH, burned pierre.

German culture is banned anyway because that would be Nazi.

>be a clone of Britain
Sydneystan

>Yes. At least we're not a federation ;)
Federations aren't an exclusively American thing. See Russia, The British Empire, the Holy Roman Empire

California is basically it's own Shithole devoid of culture. It's just trends and gay people.

Well, the plague began to spread farther and more quickly than ever before.
I hope we'll nuke your cunt one day for this

We are literally snowy america but if you go north it becomes english speaking siberia.

What's wrong with a nice state of the union address?

youtube.com/watch?v=ca5Xw8361iE

The re-structuring of the regions was only the beginning, mon pote :^) See hello to the sixth republic (édition fédérale) soon hah

Homeland did run on some channel but I don't know what this is about. Everyone knows that the 9/11 attackers were based in Germany. Is this a reference to it?

Pretty much. This is our biggest news media
>142,000 results
They basically just take CNN articles and translate them

It's BeiSyn actually

>english speaking siberia.
that sounds nice

The woman in the webm was in Germany recruiting young qt immigrants to go to Turkey to be trained to be suicide bombers for ISIS iirc so the CIA had their wetworks guy take her out.

Didn't they hear yet that CNN is fake news?
youtube.com/watch?v=l2G360HrSAs

>How americanized is your country?

Not americanized at all, fortunately.

The CIA actually did abduct German citizens to gitmo in the past with the silent tolerance of the German government. It was a big scandal here but it quickly blew over.

>How americanized is your country?
Somewhat, specially in the cities.
>How do you feel about it?
I want Mexico to be completely Americanized. Fuck Hispanic culture.

>Russia has a 'white house'

What's wrong with hispanic culture?

Russian culture is dead anyway, it's seen as an old people thing.

it's shit

Kek that's golden

youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw

Well, we do speak spanish

>not a single police brutality encounter against anyone, not even a black
>stages blm protest

also all those black twitter memes plague young people here

Denmark is such a racist country desu. I hope you all get raped.

North Canada looks like Alaska, literally nothing in common with Siberia except for the nature.

We had one also in Melbourne, it was just a few people and no black people just some white Australians following a trend. They at least could have said aboriginal lives matter since they die young and actually do get pretty bad treatment from police.

you need to help yourself not america
you guys need to return brazil back to indios and apologize. well you tried.

Japan is very americanized, but at least I understand the bases are necesary for security. We like burgers a lot and especially movies and things are popular with subtitles

hate not help
but help too

a black got denied entry to a nightclub once

Shame your country has any Black people at all. The number should be 0. Beyond that, I understand Denmark African colonies were meaningless and gone by the Congress of Berlin so one has to wonder their justification.

Tyrone please...

So what?

The original "Russian culture" was completely destroyed by the commies 100 years ago. Those old people pretending to be bearers of this culture are simply poseurs born and raised in the Soviet Union and never lived in the actual Russia.

Modern Russia is much less americanized than it was in the 1990s or even than the USSR in the late 80s.

savage

Please what, my canuck friend?

We've already absorbed the good parts of it (The food).

black people in denmark are from horn of africa, nothing to do with our former colonies. Only greenlanders come here because we colonized them

Why do Danes deny their colonial crimes?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Gold_Coast

All they did was build a few forts....

Your rejection of American culture just makes me want to bring it to you even harder.

>black people in denmark are from horn of africa,
How do they get there and why do they go?

we don't, we just don't talk about them cause they mean nothing to us. althrough thanks to americanization people are trying to make it a thing saying we were just as bad as the brits, portuguese and french

because of war and property. they pay human traffickers to get to europe and randomly ends up in denmark

Is this actually true? I don't see why they would do that. They always do things for a reason even id its a bad one.

>flag of Cyprus
WHAT DID YOU DO TO CYPRUS?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Masri

honestly not much

people really like their local stuff here I guess

I americanized myself through browsing the internet since I was a kid though

Why are old worlders so fucking ugly?

oh yeah, now that you mention it I get it, especially with anything related to social media, and even tho technology is quite a niche little world, it's grown so big in so little time that I guess noone had the time to come up with better names

Quite americanised, Our politics is degrading to farce and our business market is adopting american scheistery. Coupled with the adoption of american fashion trends and television, your culture is overpowering our own. Congratulations on winning the culture war.

The irony being De Gaulles vociferous opposition to US influence and cultural pressure while adopting cognate systems.

that's the us virgin islands, we sold them to you for $550,000,000

What are your words for a computer mouse, a computer monitor, a keyboard, and what do you call social media?

Spoiler: in the end he went mad and ended up in prison. He tried to burn an electronics store over a malfunctioning Ipod and slapped his major in the face over licensing 'too many brothels'.

>for a computer mouse,
souris
> a computer monitor,
moniteur
> a keyboard,
clavier
>and what do you call social media?
réseaux sociaux

youtube.com/watch?v=7mid2V-YV6w

>mouse
either that english word, or "ratón"
>monitor
"monitor", but that's also a word in spanish
>keyboard
"teclado"
>social media
"redes sociales", but a lot of little details have just stuck with some people like using "like" instead of "me gusta" or "retweet" instead of whatever the fuck would be it translated into spanish

>should be 0
actually should be -1
so if one more accidentally slips in unnoticed, the total will still be zero

every heard of anglicismos/americanismos en espanol?
it is huge. why deny that. americanismos.com

oh yeah, anglicismos is the formal word that indicates the use of anglo words in spanish
I actually expected niche tech words to be among the most used anglicisms, since a lot of tech products were designed/made on the US or the UK in the last few decades, and it was easier to borrow those words than come up with new ones. Spain in particular is not fond of it, so they even translate stuff like character names if they can.
A technical highschool near me had the students that chose the cars/motors path studying German, because a buch of manuals, technical literature, and designs had originated from Germany in the past, so it made sense for that niche space to learn that.
However, computers, smartphones and stuff like that have become so ubiquitous and so quickly adopted that even the masses that don't have a lot of understanding of it, have adopted those words

>bout 70% of the shows on TV are dubbed American productions
Considering german tv shows are total garbage, you can see there is little competition to even cry about the loss.

>less americanized
нe пизди
He is lying. Russians are totally obsessed with America and also hate America. Kinda I hate you because I want to be like you. Their media fuel that obsession by covering every little detail of American life. Be it a cat 2 tornado somewhere in Oklahoma or some nigger shot somewhere in chicago, it makes big news in Russia. They follow American sports, watch American movies, etc. They copied (stole) every American show there is from who wants to be a millionaire to Jerry Springer. They usually copy the shittiest ones of course. Hey, they even have a shitton of rappers. It is all over youtube, check it out. So they are no different than any other countries obsessed with the US. Of course the main difference is in 1990's it was more like blind infatuation. Now it is pure hatred plus every attempt to copy all things American.

t. russian

I don't know if Mexico is heavily Americanized, or if America has been horribly corrupted by Mexicans and degenerate Mexican """"""culture""""""

we are America