Is this a modern masterpiece? did he do it again? is Mark /ourguy/?

is this a modern masterpiece? did he do it again? is Mark /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Universal Themes > Common > Benji

JAMES FUCKING SPADER

just started listening to sun kil moon. benji a classic. philadelphia cop is the song of 2017

Horrible rambling mess mixed in with generic boring instrumentals. He needs to stick to acoustic guitar solely or guitar+some piano, his full band arrangements suck and that's not even getting into his tranny toilets song

>being that pleb

Listen to Perils From The Sea. He made it with Jimmy LaValle. unsung classic.

i never said i wasnt a pleb. benji make me cry long time

>phone picture of some random smokestacks
Wow he put a lot of effort into that one

Yes, and the jesu collab from this year is great. Plus his fantastic jim white collab. Mark is a frickin madman

nvm im retarded. thanks for the rec

honestly its okay but that release he did with jim white is my aotysf.
february rain so good

MICHELINE, MICHELINE, MICHELINE

what the fuck
love perils from the sea

Benji is overrated.

Wrong

i also think it is overrated. not bad but overrated.

by whom? It hasnt recieved any wide scale recognition by the media.
I think it is appropriately rated as the pinnacle oh his discography, I view it as the pinnacle of his more spoken stream of consciousness style adopted and indeed one of the masterpieces of 21st century music.

Thats not to say he cant release something better in the future.

For me its Benji>Common as light>Among the leaves>UT

>ut
>that low
how? youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs

I felt like he really ran out of things to say at some points and it just became DUDE IM IN A FILM LMAO.
I loved the possum though and we can see now how much of a precursor it was to common as light.

It got a 9.2 out of 10 from the alternative music website with more brand cache, cultural reach, financial access, and clout than any other structurally similar website
Now, it's currently 8 minutes before 2 PM EST. You have until 2:10 PM EST to convince me how that's not wide scale recognition.

mark is absolutely our guy

i tyoed up a long autistic response about how normalfags dont read pitchfork and how overrated is hyperbolic in this context, but I dont really want to argue about it. If you feel its overrated than fine.

I just wish everyone would stop getting so caught up in if somethings over or underrated by attaching arbitrary scores to it. Who the fuck cares if an album is a 9.2. All that matters is if it moved you in a certain way. And for me benji did that profoundly. As did most of his other works

my favorite contemporary musician easily

>release four fantastic, long albums and an EP in one year
what a madman

>my favorite contemporary musician easily

same goes for me

Anybody else really like that acoustic version of Astronomy on the EP this year? It's super comfy. Of course I also love the version of the song that made it onto the Jim White collab, but the acoustic one feels special.

I like maybe half the songs off of it? Having said that those songs are fucking amazing
>God Bless Ohio (listened to this on repeat when it was a teaser track online)
>Chili Lemon Peanuts
>Philadelphia Cop
>Sarah Lawrence College Song
>Butch Lullaby
>Bergen To Tronheim
>I Love Portugal (listened to on repeat when it was a teaser track)
>Vague Rock Song
>Seventies TV Show Theme Song
All amazing songs

I'm a big Mark guy but my taste is more in line with his most popular material. I'm a Rollercoaster and Benji kind of guy but from my view those are his best albums so what the heck.

God Bless Ohio is my SOTY
no one recorded anything even close to being as amazing as this track this whole year

Excellent record, also loved the Jesu collaboration from this year but that was expected since I really enjoyed the last one

I like his music and his attitude. Takes no shit, doesn't give a fuck, has fun doing his thing. >my favorite contemporary musician easily

the koz is a god, he makes such touching music while still being really really realist
God Bless Ohio might be SOTY
>WE DRIVE AROUND AND AROUND