China tears up promises to UK and shows the world who is in charge

>Xi Jinping’s tough talk in Hong Kong reflects growing self-confidence in China’s ability to shape world events and browbeat or ignore less powerful countries such as Britain.

>Beijing warns Hong Kong marchers not to challenge mainland rule

>The Chinese president could have thrown a bone to the pro-democracy movement. He could have offered a sop on civil liberties and political rights to western opinion. Instead, he told Hong Kong who’s boss.

>Xi the hard man laid down the law according to Beijing. His message: fall into line, or else.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BRITKEKS BTFO

www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/01/china-tears-up-promises-to-uk-and-shows-the-world-who-is-in-charge

inb4 butthurt, bubble-tea drinking hong cucks and singapoops start dissing china along with the dpp abos from formosa aka taiwan

A Hong Kong user on another image board was probably right. To Chinese contracts and promises are just paper.

chinese diaspora shit.

>that post
>that flag

say that to my face and not online jap subhuman

More importantly, is the UK going to do anything about it?

Under Theresa "strong and stable"
May? Nothing.

why so rude
go away

>that feel when nobody is backing up the UK

Leave this country, Chang.

Why would anyone do that?

this is just the beginning, gwailo

The US is the only country remotely capable of challenging China's on this move, and it'd be dumb to protect a country that has no official protection agreement with us since it would invalidate the need to sign agreements with us in the first place.

The UK got the Chinks hooked on opium. I say this is fair dinkum

Japan will save Hong Kong

Stay away from China, jap

>Worse was to follow. On Friday, China’s foreign ministry formally renounced the 1984 Sino-British joint declaration, the basis on which Britain agreed to relinquish control of the colony. The two sides had agreed the treaty would remain in force for 50 years.

>“The Sino-British joint declaration, as a historical document, no longer has any practical significance, and it is not at all binding for the central government’s management over Hong Kong,” the spokesman Lu Kang declared. The Foreign Office swiftly rejected the demarche. But in his present bullish mood, Xi is not listening.
this was a retarded move

all they needed was to pretend that there was a democracy but just have puppets in charge

who still thinks xi didn't get to where he is because of nepotism?

I mean the end result is a lot less trust in china = less investment and trade

no nepotism, his father wasn't even in the government

This is what idiots Brits get from leting everytng go, their Liberals ruined british might, this is what you fucking GET, that even chinks who you used to own as nothing now wip you as a toiletpaper against their ass, fuck you britain die allready.Same goes to other western europeans FUCK YOU!

You don't have an army for that.If you had good army and nukes then you would be able to chalange Chinks.

We are in no position to contend.

World War I was a mistake.

China has a billion people, even in nuclear war they would outlive most nations.

>chinese
lmfao

Big deal, Margaret Thatcher was cucked by Deng Xiaoping back in 1982 regarding the turnover of Hong Kong.

ww2*
WW1 wasn't that bad for the European might sure it was bad but not that you woulkd of not be able to hold on to empire after it, ww2 was disaster though.

She couldn't change the treaty, not really cucked

>the spokesman Lu Kang

>trusting a chinese person

Actually Deng told her that they could occupy Hong Kong in a a couple of hours if Britain reneged on the turnover. Thatcher admitted that there was nothing Britain could do to stop this.

Hum……

The eternal anglo is getting his justice hurts

BASED XI KEKING HWITE BITCHES

BASED

the (((order))) is collapsing

old news is so exciting

no we cant help anybody else when our country is going down the shitter so quick

>US gets a retarded leader
>Pulls out of TPP, a trade deal designed solely to prevent China from gaining complete economic dominance over Asia
>Starts sacking any partnerships he can just to show how cool he is
>China realises their time is now
>Start flexing because they know the US won't do shit

What a shock

but without ww1 there wouldnt have been a ww2

You have to go back, Huang.

It really frustrates me how untouchable China is on the world stage - they can do whatever the fuck they want no matter how evil

its not fucking fair theyre so unstoppable
i feel powerless and impotent
the UK cant do ANYTHING

This is karma for Anglo imperialism.

I don't bother me none

NUKE THEM

There's literally over a billion of them, it's inevitable.

We can only hope some kind of disaster wipes them out.

It's not like he's wrong though.

India will rise and counteract them
and china will fall when the bubble bursts

he's probably a troll, most Chinese emigrants to Anglo countries are Hong Konger

we should have just nuked china to the stone age during the korean war. missed opportunity. let this be a lesson, always nip this kind of shit in the bud

>when the bubble bursts
Ive heard this a couple of times now but i dont quite understand it
Why do people think Chinas growth is a bubble?
What will happen if it bursts?

it's not the 60s anymore, cheug ho shuk

>The world claps when Chinese gets tough on little HK but cries when Trump tweets wrestlemania
What a silly world

she was bullied out but she made the right call. China would've simply walked into HK and taken over the city if they wanted to. getting an agreement was just less bloodshed for everyone.

>Why do people think Chinas growth is a bubble?
The Government builds cities that nobody is going to live in just to inflate their growth.

1) most of the world is pretty mad about it
2) at least china was aggressive in a professional + diplomatic way and towards an actual target

why would that inflate their growth?
and i can see thats a waste of money, but whats the worst that will happen? they just leave some abandoned city in the middle of nowhere and move on?

doesnt seem that bad

Government spending counts towards GDP

It builds an artificial demand to stimulate multiple sections of the economy that will eventually become dependent on the government spending. If that spending dries up then likely would cause sudden contractions.

yes?

I got a c- in my intro to macroeconomics last semester

thats good enough for me I hope to not touch that shit ever again. thank god the world is filled with people who aren't me

ah thanks
i just read a few forbes articles and, combined with your posts, i think i get it now

every major nation will experience a economic recession at some point. it's inevitable and unavoidable. when it happens however is up to debate and very very very rarely can people accurately predict when a bubble is forming and when it will collapse.

at this point it's just wishful thinking that a bubble will collapse in china because that would explain the exceptional growth in their economy. if there is no bubble and china's economy continues to grow as quickly as it has then this is bad news for America because China will have an economy that rivals theirs and America can no longer use their economic clout to expand their influence.

I'm so happy about this
there are few things in history that made me madder than the opium wars

If anything, this gives Trump more leverage in international negotiations because everyone seems to think we're just supposed to automatically protect everyone even if they don't have an agreement with us or abuse privileges like being in NATO and then dont pay in their fair share.

I feel bad for Hong Kong, but the US cannot just sacrifice themselves at the behest of everyone in need.

>there are few things in history that made me madder than the opium wars
Then you're either a Chink or not very well versed in history.
The Opium Wars were relatively tame in comparison the mountains of other horrible shit in the past.

we did far worse to be honest
the Opium Wars werent that bad

>HK citizens think democracy or liberation is possible
no, it won't. There is no way China will let go of HK because then Tibet and Taiwan will bitch that they will also liberate from the communist party. Always hilarious to see those dreamers try to do something not possible

>we did far worse
Apologize

>be retarded isolationist country
>ignore the rest of the world
>china fills the vacuum
>"n-no we're still #1 muh god emporer!"
This is upsetting.

I like how;
A) There's no black people in that picture, even though the fist victim was black
and B) No bricks to be seen, even though the throwing of said bricks is what started the 'massacre' (5 fucking deaths).

dunno man, selling dope to people and then annexing their lands when they try to stop the drugs from turning their citizens into addicts is pretty top tier evil shit.

HAH
that was fucking nothing
big whoop, we put down a riot and killed half a dozen men who were attacking an officer with clubs and knives

you dont know the meaning of the word massacre
google "Amristsar Massacre"

Your idea of 'top tier evil shit' is laughable.

we did worse

In order to fight the Mau Mau insurgency during the conflict, British troops suspended civil liberties in Kenya. In response to the rebellion, many Kikuyu were relocated. Between 320,000-450,000 of them were moved into concentration camps. Most of the remainder - more than a million - were held in "enclosed villages". Although some were Mau Mau guerillas, many were victims of collective punishment that colonial authorities imposed on large areas of the country. Thousands suffered beatings and sexual assaults during "screenings" intended to extract information about the Mau Mau threat. Later, prisoners suffered even worse mistreatment in an attempt to force them to renounce their allegiance to the insurgency and to obey commands. Significant numbers were murdered; there are reports of some prisoners being roasted alive.[205] Prisoners were questioned with the help of "slicing off ears, boring holes in eardrums, flogging until death, pouring paraffin over suspects who were then set alight, and burning eardrums with lit cigarettes". Castration by British troops and denying access to medical aid to the detainees were also widespread and common.[206][207][208]

oh my bad, what other horrible shit have you guys done to the world again? refresh my memory.

>"We knew the slow method of torture [at the Mau Mau Investigation Center] was worse than anything we could do. Special Branch there had a way of slowly electrocuting a Kuke—they'd rough up one for days. Once I went personally to drop off one gang member who needed special treatment. I stayed for a few hours to help the boys out, softening him up. Things got a little out of hand. By the time I cut his balls off, he had no ears, and his eyeball, the right one, I think, was hanging out of its socket. Too bad, he died before we got much out of him.[210]"

t. Sheng liu

Funny, I don't see a single fucking thread about this on r/worldnews. I do however again see at least half a pages worth of articles about Trump being hitler.

Fuck reddit.

Plenty.
And you're even more retarded if you think we're the only ones with blood on our hands.
Pic related;
>Canadians WILL beat this creature to death

In 1920, the newly-formed nation of Iraq was tiring of British rule. Charged with guiding the new state towards independence, the Empire had instead installed puppet leaders. turning the place into a de facto colony. Fed up with their imperial overlords, the Iraqis turned to revolution, only for the British to unleash wave after wave of atrocities against them.First the RAF conducted nighttime bombing raids on civilian targets. Then they deployed chemical weapons against the fighters, gassing whole groups of them. But the real horrors came in the aftermath, when the victorious British decided to use collective punishment against the offending tribes. From that point on, any tribe that caused a fuss would have one of its villages randomly annihilated. Specific orders were given to exterminate every living thing within its walls, from animals to rebels to children. Other villages were subject to random searches. If the British found a single weapon, they would burn the place to the ground, destroy the crops, poison wells, and kill livestock. They’d sometimes target weddings to terrorize the population. The British deliberately targeted civilians in a campaign that lasted the better part of half a decade..

It was done by snow injuns who were living edge enough to not give a shit.

it's okay my tier list of evil shit has a lot of space, i'm sure i can fit more atrocities you guys have committed. from the tiny tiny evils like the boston masscre to the mau mau insurgency i'm sure i can fit the opium wars in the upper brackets. you guys have a lot of history.

physically no they weren't that bad at all, their direct ramifications weren't horrible

but it's the spirit of it, I fucking hate it

>white man's burden

it's fur makes nice stuff, besides, a club to the head will instantly incapacitate them and they don't feel a thing.

motherfuckers also eat all our cod.

hongers have had 33 years to be ready for china to do this

if they're still there, it's their own fault

This.
"evil" is a spook

t.Xiang Yang

you treated the boers the same way
sent them to camps and made kids eat bread with broken glass in it

I had a shitty childhood being one of the few non cantons in my grade in vancouver

when the mainlanders started arriving I understood why the cantons came here

they were idiotic to ever think mainland china would ever consider anyone's interest besides there own. there's no negotiating with them unless from a position of strength

WTF does the guardian use some many difficult words in their articles? Are they fucking NY Times??

>browbeat
>sop
>brook
>henceforth (twice! is it a fucking legal document??)
>deferential
>egregious
>umbrage

Way to live up to the stereotype pal.

>He still thinks that Trump is anything but a shadow government puppet
International relations and political parties exist to trick people into thinking that their countries have actual governments. In reality, transnational corporations and their owners, who are the richest people on earth, control everything.

>Are they fucking NY Times??
Genuinely curious what you even meant by this.

but thats an oped
its allowed to have an opinion

>aristocrat burger