Tropes you love thread

>sci fi movie/tv show
>illicit drug makes the user super strong and/or slows down time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8W0mvOsCiiQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agreed

youtube.com/watch?v=8W0mvOsCiiQ

>Villain's right hand henchman is a storng warrior who values honor above everything
>He eventually realizes he was in the wrong and the hero was right all along but he have to fight him anyway

>protagonist fucking dies halfway and someone else becomes the main character

Niceeee

Name ten movies like this

i love this one, rollins in soa was great in a similar situation.

>scifi space battle
>outside shots are completely silent
>interior shots are loud as fuck, people screaming, alarms blaring, the thumps and groans of the hull receiving damage

wouldnt the super strength backfire/? Our brain limits our strength otherwise our muscles would tear

Not him but Apocalypto.

Isn't there a drug that actually gives some sort of super strength? It's called Flakka i think.

Name one movie, plz.

Serenity but I'm not gonna recommend it because Joss

Zatoichi 2?

In Phantom Menace, Qui Gon dies and Obi Wan becomes the protagonist (well, more than halfway but still)
When I first saw the movie, not having seen the OT first, I didn't know if Anakin or Obi Wan were supposed to be the protagonists, and I perceived Qui Gone as the protagonist

To live and die in LA

In the bedroom

>"There is no way I'm doing [thing]"

>protagonist confronts the villain only to turn around and find his partner pointing a gun at him

>hero is defeated only to come back last minute and save the day

>The gang does that thing

Stat Trek 2008 opening.

There is one Scene like this in interstellar
I get goosebumps erytiem

That happens to the heroes partner, not the hero

wat

Name 347 non-AAA films that do this released in the last 12 years.

>Villain has hero on the ropes
>Hero snaps and goes hard as fuck on the badguy, almost killing him till he's stopped by muh morals or someone screaming to him

yes, but if the drug "magically" gives superstrength, it might also "magically" give stress endurance.
when superstrength is involved somewhere, most people forget that there are some physical limitations in place irrelevant of muscles and pull power. no matter how strong you are, you can't swing something with more torque than you around, you'll just swing yourself. you can't just lift anything, your skeleton must be able to carry the weight. you can't pull anything, because the fibers in your muscles can only take so much strain and your arm can only be so thick

I get all that. I "wat"d at the brain limiting our strength thing.

It's called pain. When you go close to your limits, you start feeling pain as a warning. when you exceed the limit, you get hurt. badly. which is why i always thought the "lets give 110%"stupid

The Place Beyond the Pines

>tfw to intelligent two feel pain

Interstellar