Its gonna suffer from Joker Syndrome, he'll have 15 minutes of screen time max

Its gonna suffer from Joker Syndrome, he'll have 15 minutes of screen time max.

Get ready for another media shitstorm

>he'll have 15 minutes of screen time max.

That's more than he had in a New Hope

How much screentime did he get in ANH?

The difference is people wanted/expected Joker to be have more of a prominent role on Suicide Squad since he was advertised as a main character and being played by an oscar winner. Darth Vader in Rogue One is only being seen as a pop-up because the main story revolves around a group of people stealing plans, despite Vader having a big part of said plans nobody really expects him to show up that much.

So there will be a cucking scene as well?

No, it's only around 5 minutes, and he doesn't even use his lightsaber. OP's pic is him killing Krennic like a bitch at the very end of the film

15 minutes is too much. The movie is about rogue one not anakin "i hate sand" skywalker

>joker syndrome

This. I don't get you Vader fanboys at all

Hunk Hunk

Where the hell are they stealing the death star plans again? They are not actually boarding the death star if I am correct?

He gets 6 minutes maximum.

Heard it from an IMDB page.

That's generous since this is in no way a Vader movie.

I am pissed that it looks like Palpatine doesn't show up at all.

Least we get a Tarkin cameo.

I'm fucking pissed at them marketing the film based off a Vader appearance. 20 years ago they'd be tight-lipped about it and when everyone went to see the film they'd get the awesome surprise of a Vader cameo. Now they're milking it for all its worth so they can sell tickets, but for viewers there will be absolutely no payoff whatsoever.

>he'll have 15 minutes of screen time max.

that's as much as he got in the entire OT

I believe they are

What are you talking about? He has like one appearance in all the trailers combined, and he is only on one of the posters, not even fully visible

Lmao 15 min you are delusional.

It will be like 5 minutes max. I think less even.

What the fuck are you talking about?

We've seen in the promos that Jyn runs along the Scarif beaches with what looks like a hard drive in her hand. They are getting the plans off that planet, not the Death Star.

Vader was only in a new hope for 12 combined minutes. If you think his screen time is going to be even close to that you are dead wrong.

Hes probably going to have one introduction scene where he only talks for a minute and a half, a final scene where he kills Krennick, and maybe a 3 or so minute scene where he wrecks the rebels

>and maybe a 3 or so minute scene where he wrecks the rebels
That's asking for too much.

He'll be on the Death Star with Krennic and/or Tarkin when they learn that Galen (Jyn's father, scientist behind the DS laser) fucked them over big time. Since Galen is Krennic's responsibility, Vader will kill Krennic and immediately depart to chase the Tantive IV down upon hearing that the plans were beamed elsewhere.

How much screentime do you think that pic related will have, if the character's even in the movie at all?

I saw a preview commercial for this shitshow yesterday for the first time. It seemed more like a generic action-sci fi movie; like it lacked the 'feel' of star wars. Then again, I didn't see The BBC Awakens either so fuck my opinion I guess.

I completely forgot about this. Honestly after reading most of the prequel book I doubt he will be in it at all. It just doesn't feel tonally sound.

It's not supposed to. The entire point Is that it's a gritty war movie set in star wars

HONKA HONKA

Oh fuck i completely forgot about him. That just made me super hype for Rouge 1

why would you go on the internet and lie, who does that?

vader can't just go around summarily executing imperial leaders

he doesn't start doing that until ESB, after most of the high command blew up with the death star

the fact that his armor design is basically the same as ANH should tell you something

at this point, he's still basically the emperor's personal assistant/body man. He can lead troops and command soldiers, but the top brass looks at him with disdain

Krennic is killed in the explosion that wipes out most of the cast. Noble sacrifice and all that. The power vacuum is filled by Tarkin, who appears in one of the final scenes with Vader.

The "reshoots" added Vader in a few scenes throughout the film (hologram, comm screens, etc) to give him more of a looming presence but mostly fan service and stuff to pad trailers/ tv spots

You were right about him not using his saber tho, that was a decent guess. He does kill Donnie Yen fairly easily, kind of an ironic death type of thing. The guy is a force worshipper and gets rekt by a force user.

because everything has to be a callback/reference, we get to see why Vader specifies "NO DISINTEGRATIONS" to Fett in ESB.

Because just like the original trilogy, Vader has to bring in an outside hire to deal with the fugitives

>vader can't just go around summarily executing imperial leaders

"Lord Vader, dispose of that thorn that's been in my side for the last 20 years [Krennic]."
"Yes, Master."
Easy.

Krennic only cared about the DS project so he could rank up in the Empire. He thought his way of doing that was by recruiting Galen Erso into the ranks, so they could leech off his expertise on kyber crystals. After getting half way through the research a year or so after ROTS, Galen realized what his research was being used for and doing to other planets (one facility erupted in a huge blast for not getting the math right, another was bombarded by ISDs to kill other scientists privy to the research). The only reason Krennic even gets to stay alive and in the Empire is because he wraps his finger around Mas Amedda (Palpatine's second in command) by saying he'll definitely deliver the laser weapon and/or Galen Erso "soon." That takes almost 18 years afterwards to happen.

well I'm not exactly privy to the full extent of reshoots, it's possible that could end up happening. I know in an earlier cut he shoots himself.

>Mas Amedda (Palpatine's second in command)

what the fuck is this from some prequel book?

The blue horn guy that's always seen with Palpy in the senate during AotC/RotS?

I thought he was just a figurehead, puppet. No real authority. He's an alien, and they don't get high-ranking positions in the empire. Except for that OTHER blue guy

Mas Amedda knew about Palpatine being Sith and helped him get his goals achieved, mostly in the Senate side of things. Amedda then is basically the go-to guy for getting information to Palpatine, without being able to see him in person. Amedda knows all about the DS project from it's start at the Clone Wars, and all secret cover projects being made to produce it.

luceno's pretty good, might check this out

if you got the idea that the joker was a significant character from SS trailer, you're an irredimable retard.

not trailers, promotional images/clips/merchandise

and he was in the trailers more than actual members of the skwad