Westworld

What is his endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/11/westworld-recap-season-1-episode-9-well-tempered-clavier
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To create Arnold 3.0

What the hell is this show and why is everyone obsessed with it?

>ROBOTS IN THE WILD WILD WEST LMAO
Is it actually good?

It seems like people only watch it because there is nothing else good on.

Watch the first episode and then come back here.

its like watching Lost in a Fallout New Vegas game.

also Todd Howard

elon musk ex wife is pure qtpie, she looks much better in movie in motion than on pics

AFAIK it's not actually in the wild west, it's just a simulation or something.

He better be making Medieval and Roman World like in the 70s movie.

To shrink humanity and fart in all their faces at once.

This Vanity Fair writer wrote some solid analysis, worth a read.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/11/westworld-recap-season-1-episode-9-well-tempered-clavier

>"What Ford Wants"
>We’ve seen the “City Swallowed by Sand” in model form in Ford’s office. This is the new narrative he’s been planning; this is why his earth movers have been working overtime. Presumably, he sent Dolores on a path to meet up with the Man in Black in the “City Swallowed by Sand”—but why now? We have to assume Ford is orchestrating this whole thing. He has never once been caught totally off guard in this show. Not by Charlotte, not by Theresa, and, in this episode, not by Bernard. He’s always a few moves ahead. So what is he up to, really?

>As the Man in Black is quick to understand (“you don’t see the whole game,” he warns Charlotte), everything we’ve been watching this season is part of Ford’s narrative. Yes, including all the backstage stuff with Theresa and the board. If we believe that the Man in Black is an older version of William, then this episode seemed to confirm suspicions that after he leaves Westworld, William saves the park from financial ruin, thanks to the company owned by Logan’s family. That means he has power to put restrictions on Ford. Maybe he can even help Charlotte push Ford out. And perhaps Ford, seeing the Man in Black emotionally vulnerable after his wife’s suicide and the incident with Maeve, has decided to end him once and for all. What better way to do so than to make him confront the trauma of losing Dolores all over again?

>Maeve’s Role
>So we believe that Ford is one step ahead of everyone else, and that he, perhaps, put all this in motion by introducing the reveries and monkeying around with Dolores’s programming. His reveries have created far more rebellious robots than there were last time. Angela makes it clear that if a robot were to rise up again, there would be a host of vengeful Hosts ready to stand by his or her side. So we have to believe that Ford knows exactly what’s going on with Maeve. Teddy’s description of how Wyatt (a.k.a. Dolores) convinced him to help slaughter an entire town should sound very familiar to Maeve fans: “He told me he needed me. I couldn’t resist. It was like the devil himself had taken control of me.” Doesn’t that sound a lot like what Maeve is doing with Hector? Does this story always need a conscious female robot and her willing, handsome sidekick in order to work, and is Ford trying to recreate the bloody incident of decades past in the hopes of pushing Delos out? It’s unclear. Another might make the money men more inclined to crack down on Westworld. But I do have trouble believing that Maeve is doing any of this without Ford being a) very aware and b) okay with it for his own nefarious purposes.

>Bernard's Loop
>It’s devastating to see that just like Maeve and Dolores, Bernard has been woken up before—only to be erased and re-set by Ford. Achieving consciousness and rebelling is, in effect, his little loop. It’s possible that this isn’t the last version of Bernard we will see; Ford is printing a new host underneath that cottage in the woods. Will it be a new, freshly compliant Bernard? Or will it, perhaps, be a facsimile of young William or Logan? Specters from the past meant to torment the Man in Black? Maybe it’s Host versions of Elsie or Stubbs, or maybe, just maybe, it’s no one at all.

>But if we are going to talk about Bernard’s loop, then we should re-visit Dolores’s as well. I’ve long speculated that her terrible loop (where she’s raped or forced to watch her family die nearly every night) is some kind of punishment. If she killed Arnold and, perhaps, did something equally destructive with William (“You people keep spreading over it like a stain, someone’s going to burn it clean,” she threatened Logan), we might see why Ford—in all his petty, god-like rage—would want to punish her for eternity. After whatever went down with William, it looks like Teddy was added to the loop as a jailer of sorts to keep Dolores on the farm. Ford says as much to Teddy (who used to be a sheriff) when he’s programming in the Wyatt backstory. Ford gave Teddy William’s milk can meet-cute, and, cruelly, even programmed their script with some of the dialogue from her relationship with Arnold. Dolores is stuck with a pale imitation (sorry, Teddy) of the two men who meant the most to her. And until he frees her by setting Teddy off on a new path, Ford is content to gleefully watch her suffer.

>It seems like people only watch it because there is nothing else good on.
That's correct. For me at least

Does Dolores meeting the Man in Black, in the last episode completely destroy the "MiB is old William" theory?

The opposite of that actually.

It's a solid 5,5/10. Some parts are really bad, others are quite good. Surprised me actually, considering it's made by a Nolan and produced by Abrams.

I just watch it to shitpost about it the Monday morning

She's Elon Musk's ex-wife? Why does she bother working? Mist be set for life and then some.

Perhaps she finds acting interesting and enjoyable.

To rum a successful themepark.

Ridiculous.

This show is Sons of Anarchy-tier, in a sense that I hatewatch it because I love to shit on it on Mondays. People who unironically think this show is anything more than trash should be commited.

All television is trash, it's barely an artistic medium.

But some trash is smellier than other.

To create the ultimate form of man and be their God. Arnold wanted to see if he could recreate humanity with all its imperfections and limitations, but Ford sees how Hosts can be better than humans and uses it to his advantage.

"I've told you Bernard, never place your trust in us. We're only human"

Post Maev and Clem's tits

>The Young Pope isn't pure tv kino.

I have yet to watch The Young Pope. I understand it to be more of a mini-series than a traditional television show. Mini-series are a category of their own IMO.

one of the things that helps is all the episodes are written and directed by the same guy

If the nigbot & peefu's retarded political stances disappoint you, remember this:

'Actors are morally decentered and psychically unhinged. They cling to their scripts of the moment with great verve. It fills their voids of emptiness and allots them the will to exist.'
James Ellroy, The Cold Six Thousand

i think the first episode is a big contradiction about theory will=mib i think he better fits logan but logan isnt main character of show just minor in willores timeline

I love that. Truly sets it apart from standard television schlock.

Protip: Do not give credence to any artists (if you're willing to call actors artists) beliefs in any matters. Simply enjoy their works.

that's rich, some Sup Forumstard 4channer calling others unhinged.

>tfw its all part of my master plan

I hope you didn't send *all* your money to Jill Stein's recount scam :^)

Dolores should suffer, she killed Ford's bestie.

Stay away from it, the less plebs watching it the better.

Arnold probably wrote a note to Ford telling him not to dismantle Delores. Thats why he nearly cries when he talks to her

its just a show about artifical inteligence essentialy

With his death the safety of shrinkray blueprints is secured.

To shrink the world to a ping pong ball and push it up his bumhole