Can I get a non-meme answer of why everyone shits on the canadian flag?

Can I get a non-meme answer of why everyone shits on the canadian flag?

>inb4 A FUCKING LEAF

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Union_Flag
youtube.com/watch?v=9RcfIy6fjjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because most of the worst shitposters here are canadians

Because Aussies find it funny

That's understandable, but from a design standpoint, the canadian flag is one of the best imo in terms of symbolism and unification. Red and white are very powerful colours as well.

agree on red and white part but that doesn't excuse putting a literal unironical LEAF on your flag

>what is symbolism
you of all people should know that considering you have the sun on your flag

The sun as an emblem makes sense. Japan is the land of the rising sun. It's embedded deep into their culture.

The Canadian flag is shit on because what significance, culturally, or historically, does the maple leaf carry?

Mexicans have the story of Tenochtitlan's story on their flag, Americans have the 13 colonies and the 50 states, and Canada has a leaf.

Pretty lackluster.

The gag is the former red ensign symoblised a long illustrious history and your replacement doesn't encapsulate that past adequately. Personally, I don't really see a problem with your flag, mate. Shitting on your flag is a symptom of the fact that your people have become the dunces of any board with flags. The hive mind chose to anoint Canadians as a walking joke open to ridicule. Incidentally, Australia used to have a monopoly on the business so thanks for spreading the load

it's okay, but I'd feel a lot prouder flying this

your old flag was a great symbol of Canada and its history, the new flag is a fucking leaf

I like the flag

>The hive mind chose to anoint Canadians as a walking joke open to ridicule.

It was literally A*stralians back around 2014-2015 who made us the joke. A*stralian propaganda.

>Aussies defending a flag that had a cuck stamp

The maple leaf has been used as a national symbol since before the confederation was formed and since then it has been frequently used to represent the country, it's relatively simple but .

imo the maple leaf better represents the entirety of the country rather than just the 4 original provinces on an emblem. Also, in order to distance ourselves from British rule and prove sovereignty we had to ditch the union jack

Essentially, you'd feel prouder touting around the image of a country that isn't your own? Even though we do have ties with with british don't you think we should be independent rather than supporting what once was?

this

*it's relatively simple but it does a good job in the symbolism department

>Essentially, you'd feel prouder touting around the image of a country that isn't your own?
sorry, what? Canada is British, deal with it or fuck off.

and besides, WWI and WWII were not fought under that flag.

But a symbol of what? What historical or cultural narrative are you depicting with the leaf? I'm not trying to be aggressive I'm just trying to point out that the leaf, as a symbol, is pretty lackluster.

I guess that really goes with Canada's relatively uneventful history. If anything you guys should have changed your flag post WWI, it was the most Canada contributed to the world and could have been a great opportunity to re-invent the image/national identity of Canada.

You put a fucking leaf on your fucking national flag

>Canada is British, deal with it or fuck off

nothing wrong with it while we're still a subject of the british empire
I'm a republican, but I don't have a problem with the flag staying as it is for now.

Because Canadians love to shitpost, especially cuck shit.

Ever since Trudeau came into office you guys were bullied into shitposting machines.

if you're Canadian and think we should have no ties to Britain then go fucking fly this flag, it suits you better. Canada exists separate from the US because of the simple fact that we're British.

america lite

portugal of the new world

you do, however, have les quebecois which makes up for your awful excuse of a "country"

>renaming your filenames to make it look like you're not a complete newcunt

I guess because it seems almost more like an icon than a flag. Not entirely helped by the fact Canada has a little logo that makes it look like a 90s mid-range airline.

I like it though, it's not a nightmare like some of the proposals for a new NZ flag were. It's just a little odd. Like Canada.

>Also, in order to distance ourselves from British rule and prove sovereignty we had to ditch the union jack
>Essentially, you'd feel prouder touting around the image of a country that isn't your own? Even though we do have ties with with british don't you think we should be independent rather than supporting what once was?

Why trivialize our history with being associated with Britain and the Empire? The red ensign was Canadian, and having a flag that adequately celebrated the founding ethnicities of our country. It's the flag Canadians fought and died under in both world wars. The maple leaf may be a symbol easily synonymous with Canadians but it shouldn't be our flag, let alone in the way it became our flag. It's the Pepsi logo equivalent of a flag. It's a liberal branding of the Pearson and Pierre Elliot Trudeau era style of liberalism of weakness and shame. Go to America if you're ashamed of our ties with the commonwealth and our history. We all know why we have the stupid leaf now and it wasn't to "Adequately update the representation of Canada". It was bowing the knee to the liberal hegemony to be less provocative to new coming immigrants and Quebec.

why did Canada use the red flag instead of the blue one the rest of the empire used?

the U.K. is a fucking vassal of the U.S. at this point, why the fuck would you take pride in being the vassal of a vassal

chink subhuman 50% white country

The leaf is too edgy. Just make it a ball.

A

Why a leaf though

And remove the red bars on the sides. Flags should be as simple as possible.

FUCKING

LEAF

That's rich coming from a 50% turk and bosniak country

because the flag represents our heritage, you can't change where you're from and you don't ditch your fucking heritage just because of the present.

thank god I can just fly the Ontario flag instead though, which I do.

harsh

croatia:100% white
USA:40% white
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

you literally got browned by the ottoman turk bruh I really don't think we need to be having this conversation

As someone who is directly descended from the british, I am nowhere near ashamed of our heritage and history. However, as a firm believer of self determination and sovereignty I believe that a flag under another countries name is a disgrace to the country the flag is supposed to represent. Even though canada played a vital role in the world wars, you're forgetting that we were practically shoved into it by the british in the first place. I think you're too stuck up in the whole 'liberals are evil' thing, not everything is as political as you make it out to be. Pearson did a great job extending our presence on the world stage with handling the suez canal crisis, and even though I don't like Trudeau, he did give us the Charter of human rights and freedoms, further expanding our independence from the british.

Every time I see a canadian flag poster I cant decide if it is a indian,chink, anglo, french, russian or some other subhuman trash

it seems like the entire place is composed of subhuman garbage

when i go out on the street i never see anyone black/indian/chink/muslim/jew can you say the same 40% white country?

Ireland, Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa all declared themselves republics and changed their flags when doing so. Fucking South Africa had four (4) flags on their first one.

by that logic, the us should be flying this flag instead. Just because it's heritage doesn't mean it should represents a country as vast and multicultural as the us or canada

forgot pic

when you substantially change the structure of your country's governance it's appropriate to change the flag as the old one no longer represents the country as it stands. C*nada never had this happen and instead chose to change a flag with a long-standing history because they couldn't handle having a union jack like the rest of the colonies.

it's just the typical "m-me too!" stuff from anglos, they also stole the canadian label

both used to be french

Why does that exist.
It shouldn't exist.
I want to see the person who made it suffer.

The red ensign did not limit our self determination or sovereignty. The fuck?
>Even though canada played a vital role in the world wars, you're forgetting that we were practically shoved into it by the british in the first place
It was dire, they were world wars. The pact and principle of the commonwealth was that if any part of it was attacked, the rest would defend it. Canada is still is in organizations today that abide the same principle.
>I think you're too stuck up in the whole 'liberals are evil' thing, not everything is as political as you make it out to be.
Changing our flag was by definition a political act and our options of the what was to become our new flag was forced upon us by fiat and the Liberals. Pearson was tolerable, if inept and should be scorned for getting rid of the red ensign. P.E.T is the one who opened the flood gates to immigrants to Canada and tried his hardest to crush western Canada, while spitting on our association with the British. Fuck them. I don't share your priorities.

5 second google image search of first us flag gave me this, but i wasnt bothered enough to actually see if it's the correct one. afaik they couldve just used the jack for all the us colonies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Union_Flag

Changing the flag was the tact they used to be less provocative to be "multicultural". Fuck that horse shit, I don't share you liberal priorities. Our old flag had an identity attached to it that Canadians fought and died under.

jeez dude, i didn't think someone could get so heated up about a flag. you're really stuck in the whole glorified idea of the past, and while i agree with what you've said, you gotta move on and deal with stuff as it is. there's silver linings in everything and living your life without seeing that makes you a bitter and intolerable person.

apparently not wanting to be under chains by the british makes me a multiculturalist liberal? hmm

>jeez dude, i didn't think someone could get so heated up about a flag.

I see now that I fell for the bait. No more (You)'s

>a fucking flag is "chains by the british"

>replying to Quebec

>literally dies in WW2 just because brits told them to do it
>not chained
ok

>being a shitskin ontarionigger

you could have told them to fuck off and not get involved. The option to declare yourself a republic was always there. Since that option wasn't used you have no right to complain.
The exact same thing happened to us in World War 1, where Australians were thrown into the Turkish meat grinder because the English fucked up. I'm not going to complain about that though, since Australia chose to honour our commitments to England and joint the war.

I fuckin' knew it.

t. yank in denial

Vive le Quebec Francophone!

Il faut que vous gardez votre langue!

lol i can just tell that this guy is like 60 years old

>you can't change where you're from and you don't ditch your fucking heritage just because of the present.
Does that mean that I should kill my plans to emigrate from Scotland to Canada? I mean, it's what all the clever Scotsmen have done for generations.

No, Scots welcome

>Does that mean that I should kill my plans to emigrate from Scotland to Canada?
any common canadian would gladly welcome you here with open arms, but you seem to be forgetting that you're on Sup Forums of all places, where immigration is WRONG. sorry bud, better luck next time

>where immigration is WRONG

Only for pooskins and only if there are too many

Why the fuck is everyone butthurt about a leaf? Nordic countries have a fucking cross. Most countries have a fucking tricolor. Canada's flag is perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RcfIy6fjjc

People are just shittershoahed by memes.

why are Canadians such terrible posters?

It's literally a leaf, like, that's the only rightful reason for why your flag is lame

it's a meme you dip. don't take it to heart

It represents nature
Purity
Simplicity
The red symbolizes the blood soaked from both world wars.
Peace through war
Obscurity
Something so easy to distinguish that the entire earth's nations recognize it.
A country has an almost mystical landscape.
It also has represents modernity from the leaf's easy design

At least our flag has a symbol that represents our country as a whole

N*rfolk independence was a mistake

mate it's a fucking LEAF

And what's yours? A symbol of British puppetry and autisticly placed stars made in ms paint? Uh huh

Better a maple leaf than Microsoft paint

They're actually all very symbolic mate, but please tell me more about how deep and meaningful A FUCKING LEAF is

The red lines on each side humbly symbolizes the two world wars. The white is peace and tranquility and innocence of our country. The leaf has been a long standing symbol of Canada bud. Yours is just a rip-off of new zealands flag.
Whenever you see a maple leaf (or any leaf in your case) you'll always instantly think of Canada.

When one thinks of Australias flag, half the time they'll be looking at new zealands mistakenly kek. Or hell, they'd just think it's one of the UKs random oversees islands
>small Union Jack on top left on blue background and random overused emblems
>stars
Stars belong to the USA
Stop stealing

Kek you'd be better with a kangaroo on your flag tb.h

No matter how much you try to butter it up, the fact remains that YOUR flag is a LEAF

Ok, so I told you the pros and reasons it's a leaf

Now tell me the cons
>inb4 >a>fucking>leaf

here's one
>it's a leaf

Hell yeah
at least i don't steal symbols and flags
kek

>Mobile filenames

fucking phoneposter kiddies

Shit he's on to me

gommunism

Not that it's any of my business, but I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the flag if not for the fact that Pearson kick-started the debate in the first place because the Egyptians objected to the union flag being present with Canadian peacekeeping forces.

Canada was discovered by Leaf Ericson

>The Eternal Icelander is back

It's been a while

yeah and the red ensign literally IS the flag that Canadians fought under in both world wars. They never lived to see this faggy new multicultural welcoming flag, fuck off.

I like the leaf tbqh senpai

dude memes lmao

>c'mon guys the Canadian flag shouldn't have any British symbolism, forget about your heritage and break free from those evil British shackles

>Quebec flag has a fucking religious cross, fleur de lis, and uses French colours

why don't you ditch everything French jfc fucking kys cunt. the RoC wasn't oppressed by the Brits we WUZ the Brits, and it's a shame they never finished the job and banished/killed the rest of the French.

this 100%

A-a-a fu-fucking le-LEAF

>fleur de lis, and uses French colours
absolutely nothing wrong with that