I know you Sup Forums contrarians will hate to admit it, but Firefly is genuine TVkino...

I know you Sup Forums contrarians will hate to admit it, but Firefly is genuine TVkino. It should be in everyone's top 10, a true exemplary sci-fi work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8omJvCrwRdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jayne was the best character.

ITT: shows Sup Forums would like if Reddit didn't

It can't be top tier with 1 season. Need at least 3. That's why Rome can never be considered Kino

>it's an "OP makes a blatant bait thread yet everyone falls for it" episode
Dont you have a Constantine thread to make soon?

I've hated this show since it aired. One of the most overrated television shows of all time

>whedon

Firefly is good. I think it's well written and often pretty funny. Only contrarians really hate it, one of the few shows this is the case.

Of course it's full on Reddit-core, but it's good enough to transcend it.

Never seen it, is it worth it?

You all like the movie too?

Well, there's The Expanse now

>overrated
You're a retard if you think shows you don't like something that nearly everyone else does are overrated. If anything, you underrate it.

It was okay at best. I struggled to watch it and haven't ever finished it. It just drags on too much.

Maybe it was okay for t.v. viewing but in the digital age it's just not good enough.

I'm not baiting. I just finished watching Serenity 20 minutes ago and I was blown away. It only made me appreciate the TV show more, very few fictional works can make you so attached to the characters.

I can understand not liking the quips and the reddit aspects of the show, but you have to accept that Firefly is, at the very least, 7.5/10.

Do you like westerns? Do you like space? Even if you don't, Nathan Filion is in it so watch it anyway

That's the point dummy. Firefly I'd a great show. You're no better than the Constantine poster. Everyone likes Constantine. This thread is on par with that. Now frig off.

It's only good because they never made 20 seasons of watered down and stretched out episodes just to make more ad revenue.

It's like BBC TV series that ended while it was good. That makes it a rare cult classic in the American tv history.

Is it like cowboy bebop

>implying that everyone on here likes Firefly

I wouldn't make this thread if it wasn't for Sup Forums contrarians feeling the need to shit on Firefly and calling it "too reddit lmao" every time it's mentioned.

...What?

Guess you're seeing threads I'm not then.

Altho he's designed upon Jayne, Three is better in Dark Matter

Anyone else think Reavers were way cooler before the movie?

>awful acting
>laughable plots
>pathetic special effects
>SJW shit
>le quirky reddit dialogue

It's shit

there's not enough of it to be in my top 10

also the movie is better

That's a pretty common comparison actually. Less noire more actual western though.

It's closer to Outlaw Star

>>SJW shit
like.. you know, every movie or show from holywood?

A fantastic cast. I wish the preacher had more development

>better than adam baldwin
Fuck off SJW

>it's ok because everyone is doing it

Fuck off, cuck

dark matter isn't sjw

least not that i can tell

Anti-adam baldwin is though

>I refuse to watch any TV shows because they come from Commiefornia
>I only watch movies filmed in some basement in Alabama

Does anyone have a good Firefly wallpaper? I have this thing where I set my wallpaper to something related to a TV series/book/movie that I get really attached to. Thanks

Way cooler.

I figured more alt-righters and Libertarians would be all about Firefly since about people struggling against a cruel, bureaucratic multi-cultural government tries to control everyone's lives.

agreed, its anti-globalist message is patently obvious and rather refreshing

I don't really recall much "SJW shit" in it, anyone who thinks that must be paranoid or just has a hate-boner for Josh Wheaton

Real talk
>I'm surprised Sunrise hasn't sued Whedon for ripping off Bebop and Outlaw Star

Yeah, unless you consider interesting female characters "SJW shit". Zoe is better than your average "badass action fighter STRONG WOMAN", Kaylee is cool without being "strong", and Inara is very sexy.

maybe because there are enough obvious differences that such a lawsuit is doomed to fail

that's a rather arbitrary distinction

Rome is kino though. And half of Sup Forums calls TD S1 kino even though it sucks after that

Maybe he's referring to how in American television, a series is considered a failure unless it can last three seasons. This is why whenever you pitch an idea to a network they expect at least 3 seasons worth of story planning

Even so it's still dumb, plenty of top-tier shows with only 1 or 2 seasons

Oh i see. Is there a reason for it being 3 seasons? Is that when the series starts to turn a serious profit after making-back all the initial start-up costs?

I liked it but then I found out that Reddit likes it so now I realize I actually hate it.

Shitty "scifi" show for retards who hate the genre.
Actually it completely ripped off Starhunter a low budget canadian scifi show that came out a couple years before.

Possibly, but from what I've read, 3 full seasons is when they consider there to be enough episodes to market the show for syndication and re-runs

It makes more sense to want the airing/streaming rights to a show with 60+ episodes than to make that effort for something with only 14 episodes like Firefly. The longer a popular show lasts, the more valuable the syndication rights

As a live-action remake of Cowboy Bebop, it's not terrible. It's not good either, but it isn't shit.

The man they call Jayne
youtube.com/watch?v=8omJvCrwRdY

I love the idea of hard science fiction on television, but something about the show rubbed me the wrong way.

>tfw the death of Ron Glass has definitely buried the last vestiges of hope I had for a proper revival of Firefly

This, most shows don't start making money until they syndicate them. The more episodes you have, the more you make in syndication.

It's not really hard sci-fi, at least not anymore than Star Trek. Sure they do address some of the logistical problems of space travel, but most of it is driven by magic technology like most sci-fi shows.

I think the big difference is that they don't try and technobabble their way out of things.

>As a live-action remake of Cowboy Bebop
Well there's your problem, its Outlaw Star not Cowboy Bebop.

Its not hard scifi at all, the only somewhat hard scifi show I've seen on tv is The Expanse.

Not breaking physical laws is hard science fiction.

it's good, but it's not sci-fi, it's a space western through and through. maybe if the show had more runtime and expanded more on River's experimentation it could be considered scifi.

Watch total recall the series

Great show if only for peak Hendricks

It is hard scifi though. No physical laws are broken. All the planets are in the same star system. To top it all off there is no sound in space.

Too bad the actor turned into an alt-right nut.

>most voluptuous body in the history of tv and cinema
>she plays a runaway little girl who only just finished puberty

Your a special kind of stupid aren't you. Tbh firefly was boring and completely forgettable

Wat?

that was a cover though, she was actually a trained companion aka prostitute who knows kung-fu

She played a woman who played an innocent young teenage girl if I'm not mistaken.

I enjoyed Firefly, but it isn't that great of a show. It's not their fault though, the show didn't even get a full season, and the characters never got a chance to truly develop. There's a few good episodes, but many of them are mediocre, such as the one with the brothel on that planet covered in space blankets (worst episode of them all honestly), as well as the episode with the duel.

Overall though, it's just an extremely overrated show. People treat it like it was the best sci-fi show to ever exist, when it clearly is not. Not saying it couldn't have been, had they been given a chance and not been cancelled.

I think if it got another 2-3 seasons it would maybe improve and become a better show.

I like the world it was building though, I wish we got a chance to explore more of it.

She was a con artist pretending to be an innocent farmer's daughter from a religiously conservative luddite colony. Teenage didn't enter into it.

Brothel episode was definitely the worst. I kinda liked the duel episode even if it was sort of weirdly anachronistic (even for a space western).

I feel like if we ever did colonize multiple plants, there probably would be a group of rich weirdos who would set up their own Edwardian aristocracy theme park world.

F

>Sup Forums hating alt right

Now ive seen everything

Sup Forums has a small but loud tumblrina clique

It's overrated. Dollhouse is the superior post-Buffy/Angel Whedon show.

used to enjoy firefly

Rewatched it recently and it does not hold up at all. Honestly the dialog and character motivations are amature. I dont care how creative your plot is, you need characters I want to watch to carry it.

I liked the episode where Jane was immortalized with a statue.
And where Reynolds pushes the thug into firefly's engine. Classic.

>SJW shit

Did you even watch firefly?
>rape apology
>slut shamming
>muh lady chivalry
>'strong' female characters who always end up as damsels in distress

the SJWs hate Whedon, but you probably use that term so much as an insult you have forgotten how to use it in context.

That's just Whedon's writing style, user. It was fine with Buffy and Angel, back when it was new and novel, but since then all he does is write the same characters over and over again.

Some people love it, some people hate it.

They only hate him recently, they ate all that shit up before the Avengers sequel when they decided he was a misogynist. Even then he's still got a massive following of tumblr hambeasts who think all his female characters are SO STRONG AND EMPOWERED.