What is it like for Australians and New Zealanders to be so far away from the rest of the civilized world?

What is it like for Australians and New Zealanders to be so far away from the rest of the civilized world?

breddy gud desu :DDD

Not far away enough to stop tonnes of people immigrating here

Must be nice to be far away from the eternal leaf

until canzuk happens

That's why they have very slow network?

Never notice it thanks to the internet

you have to be fucking retarded to think immigration has been bad for Australia

Literally see more chinks than whites

Nah, that's because the government privatised our telecommunications network, which meant that one company owned every single phone line in the country.
They put in shitty ADSL and didn't have to worry about competition since everyone that tried to put in faster ADSL got priced out thanks to economies of scale.

The NBN was an attempt by the government to circumvent this monopoly by putting in fibre optic cabling to the rest of the country, but unfortunately the GFC hit and the subsequent government cut costs and gutted the planned network. They made it fibre to a node and then copper wiring to people's houses instead, and that's the system that's getting rolled out today.

I got NBN installed at my house last year and my speeds have increased by 6 times, but it's still behind the international average.

Yes

Do you think itll ever happen?

>no wave of refugees, carefully select the small amount of families to give refuge to
>no EU bullshit
>seen as docile and irrelevant

pretty comfy

>bullied by old people for buying smashed avocado toast

>melbourne

reminder that article was making fun of baby boomers that say that kind of shit

>civilized

Spearchucker population is pretty low, so its not so bad

Hi

>tfw got bullied by the italians in primary school for being white

thanks to flight we are only 24 hours from london, we are much closer to the civilised world than americans were 100 years ago

you can fly directly from Perth in 17 hours now

Right in the subconcious
Italian bullies best bullies