Non-native English speakers, can you tell the difference in Anglo accents or do we all sound the same to you?

Non-native English speakers, can you tell the difference in Anglo accents or do we all sound the same to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AtG4qWv0v44
youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck
youtube.com/watch?v=QkC0r3P9z_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can just recognize english, scottish, american and southern american accents

It is very easy to know the difference between most strange accents like South American or Australian. But if you take the standard American English (which is complete shit to be honest - any American without a unique accent should be summarily executed) they sound just like Canadians since most of you don't even have an accent, very boring,,,

I understand a little bit of French but I still can't tell the difference between one of your accents and Quebec accents

we not deaf just non native
ofcourse we hear the difference

proper british > american >strayan

rate our accents from best to worst

I can recognize between Ulster, Irish, Scottish, Northern and Southern english accents

>proper british > american >strayan

I agree with this

I still confuse Australian and certain British accents

Mörikän is easy to spot and the most distinct British ones

Recognizing the provençal accent and alsatian accent should be easy though, they are quite unique. Same for québécois accent. You just didn't hear enough of it yet. The rest I reckon it's hard for a foreigner to make the difference.

Pretty much this but with additional Irish. British one is the worst.

rate French accents from best to worst

Australian
Irish
Most English varieties (not counting the rich accent)
South American
Scottish
New Zealandish
Rich English accent
Other American accents/Canadian

Provençal > other occitan > crescent > french accent > franco-provençal (it's around Lyon) > northern > extreme northern > alsatian

regular englishman > midwestern > southern > west coast >>> scot > posh twat englishman > aussie >>>> indian > south african > brooklyn >> new Jersey >>>> jew york >>>>> valley girl > canadian > niw ziland > irish > ebonics > chicano

Like said we're not dumb. Only things like Scottish-Irish, (general) American-Canadian and Cockney-Australian can be hard to differentiate.

English, Scottish, American, Southern American and Australian.

All the meme accents inside Britain sound the same, Canadian = American and I don't remember I ever heard someone from New Zealand.

british one is the best
american one is the funniest
idk about leaf or aussie tho

I can't understand a thing Ozzy Osbourne says. Brummie accent is too fuzzy.

>In the top 5 for accents
Thanks friend.
West Coast leaf is basically West Coast American I can't speak for East Coast leaf though.

>British one
doesn't exist

They're probably thinking of the londoner accent, it's the most common one to hear in other countries.

I can recognize American (standard), American (southern), American (blacks), English, Scottish, Irish.

I just came back from 2 weeks in Ireland, the irish accent is awful, it's incomprehensible.

I can't, but that's probably due to the lack of practice. My skills of listening comprehension and understanding of spoken English are generally very low.

americans and canadians sound the same
all english sound the same
scots are easy to spot because they pronounce the r closer as the humans do
irish are tricky, high educated irish sound a bit american, the rest like leprechauns
aussie and kiwi sound the same

rude

West Canadian
youtube.com/watch?v=AtG4qWv0v44

Newfoundland accent
youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck

yeah
I can't recognize Canadian though, sounds like a generic US accent

What type of English accent is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=QkC0r3P9z_k

Scots and USA southerners are the most identifyible
Brits have a very noticeable accent sometime too

Sterotypically, we make fun of the "'"English"" accent by speaking Malay with hard 'R', 'S' and 'T' to mimic Anglos speaking Malay. These letters are softer in Malay. The cadence in this stereotype follows the outdated English Gentleman way of speaking (I'll say, good chap! Jolly good! Good show!) Etc.

East coast Canadians sound hilarious. They actually say aboot and hoose and shit like that. Then you can watch them cry as they claim there is no such thing as a Canadian accent.

>East coast
>They actually say aboot and hoose and shit like that

But that's wrong you stupid Ameripigs, that's more of a prairies/western Canada thing

how, we're very different

>aussie and kiwi sound the same
umm no sweetie

kiwis are closer to south africans than us

I can tell apart: southern English, northern English, Scottish, Irish, American, southern American, and Australian. It always cracks me up when I hear Game of Thrones cast speak northern English, fucking peasants.

>Non-native English speakers, can you tell the difference in Anglo accents or do we all sound the same to you?
Not at all, you anglo fuckers bombard me with your shitty TV everywhere I go so I'm pretty good at it. I can even tell different Australian accents apart, it's that bad.

good tier
Midwestern>posh English>English English>NY>Canadian>Western American>Australian>NZ>Scottish>Welsh>South African>ebonics>Indian>Nigerian and other Africans>C*lifornian

Yes yes very good