Alright I just finished the Sopranos and have been meaning to ask this shit forever

Alright I just finished the Sopranos and have been meaning to ask this shit forever.

Why the fuck did Tony like Junior so much even after he paid black guys to try and kill him? He acted like it wasn't Junior's fault when he was plotting to kill him. Then when Junior shoots him and it's a legitimate accident due to his dementia/alzheimer's, THAT is what causes Tony to consider Junior to be dead to him?

Is there something I don't get because that seems backwards.

Haven't watched this shit in forever, but didn't Junior take steps to make sure Tony didn't find out about the hit?

Also for awhile it seemed like a respect thing for Tony about Junior since he was the head for awhile wasn't he?

And then Tony became the head and set it up to look like Junior was the head so he would take all the heat for it. I don't remember Tony ever actually liking Junior, just him being pissed at him all the time while yelling GABBBAAAAAA

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

IIRC he told tony about there being a rat which kind of got them back together. but yeah it's fucked up, the mafia is fucked up

Tony did originally plan on killing but Junior got arrested first. He didn't like him, Tony just used him as a fake leader to take pressure off the feds while taking all the money he was earning as boss. Also he blamed a lot of what happened on his mother.

I mean, there was a bit more to it than that, Tony had a somewhat sentimental attachment to Junior because he played catch with him as a kid. But yeah Tony just kept him around because he was mostly harmless with his men dead and still had some usefulness.

s2
s1
s3
s4
s5
s6

artie best side character

Is that a joke? Artie was a bitch. Why did Tony keep coming back to Vesuvio when Artie would constantly piss him off like when he, you know, put a rifle to Tony's face?

I still fucking hate Artie for being such a little whiny bitch while having easily the hottest wife on the show

Artie was tonys only true friend user, everybody else just ass kissed him coz he was boss.

"HEY prince of rogaine"

top kek

Junior was more like a real dad to Tony than Tony's dad ever was, also despite all the shit between them he still respected him for his leadership advice (even when he was using him as a front to escape the feds).

The last scene with Junior is heartbreaking since you know deep down Tony still loves him.

Junior was like a surrogate father to Tony. He played catch with him etc.

"They say that no two memes on earth are the same"

Junior also redeemed himself a little in Tony's eyes by betraying Richie and warning Tony about the hit in S2

monthly reminder this guy gets the final kill and s6 is a mess.

pine barrens best episode.

>Why the fuck did Tony like Junior so much even after he paid black guys to try and kill him?
He didn't at first. Tony let Junior earn on "subsistence level only" after their battle. And Junior had to "keep his stripes" to take the heat off Tony. This was sort of a punishment.

Then after Junior told him about Richie Aprile's plot, Tony started to warm up but was still very suspicious.

They had a weird and complicated relationship. Tony still looked up to Junior even going to him for advice sometimes. And there was the "varsity athlete" business too.

All I know is he never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Any of you know what Bacala is? Of course your don't, well it's salted cod. We taught the WORLD how to eat!

He told Tony about Richie moving against him.

>not Guy in Members Only Jacket

You can't really replace a guy you grew up with. They went down very different paths but Artie was his pal when he was a fat loser nobody. He's family in every meaningful sense of the word and therefore could get away with shit nobody else could.

Anyway, Uncle Jun was basically Tony's surrogate father. He was easier to respect because Tony didn't have to watch Jun get cucked by his insane mother the way his dad did.

Poor Silvio. He deserved to get gunned down probably least of all.

Because he was a friend from before the mafia and basically his only non-mafia actual friend.

Tony wasn't fat growing up.

Tony had issues with family. Everything he did was about his ego and not about logic.

And Junior only agree to do the hit because Tony's mom played him like a fiddle