So what do you expect Sup Forums?

So what do you expect Sup Forums?

I got a feeling it will fail to top that damn video game Alien Isolation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FfdXqfxRtf0?t=48s
youtube.com/watch?v=QdbgGA5esqE
youtube.com/watch?v=m-7pA5GtQ-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think they burnt their fingers trying something new with Prometheus, so this will basically be a colour-by-numbers reboot/"""reimagining""" of Alien or Aliens.

I don't have high hopes but I'd like it to be good. Glad they're going back to the classic xenomorphs rather than Engineer bullshit.

That's lewd user

Seriously did it do anything wrong?

Scott essentially has a blank check deal with Fox, so it's gonna be whatever he wanted to make and that gives me hope.

Making you retread the same areas and being long-as-fuck, but these are pretty minor quibbles.

It's basically a grade A example of how to do a faithful movie/game adaption.

Alien spawned so many lewd things in popular culture

I want webm related

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm

>Making you retread the same areas

But that's classic survival horror user.

>It's basically a grade A example of how to do a faithful movie/game adaption.

Seriously this though, in most cases video games do a horrendous job at this(few exceptions though Snatcher,Deadly Premonition). Alien Isolation did absolutely nothing that was "incompatible" with the setting of Alien in most cases video games just take a massive shit on that and after you knock out the final boss.

LMAOOO EVERYTHING EXPLODED THE DATA WAS DELETED AND FORGOTTEN,

fucking hacks

I want to see more androids.

They're one of the most interesting parts of Alien lore and show up a lot, but they aren't really explored much.

I want to see some warships.

Alien Covenant will have two.

Fassbender is playing a dual roles of David, returning from Prometheus, and Walter, a newer model who doesn't like or trust David.

>I think they burnt their fingers trying something new with Prometheus
That doesn't make sense. Scott's last four movies with Fox have been a net profit for the studio, assuming that the figures thrown around are truthful of course. Ridley Scott has been making movies since the 70s and has like four movies to his name that were clear box office successes, he's not held hostage by the numbers. He's way too big of a name for that.

Have they ever not jobbed?

I just hope it's more of a horror movie than Prometheus and it has good creature design.

pretty much nothing. it was the true sequel to alien that we'd all been waiting for.

sucks we won't get another game though.

Am I the only one who thinks The Eight Passenger is the better name?

>can't call it prometheus 2 because that film was so divisive
>probably just gonna cram prometheus 2 ideas into an alien "soft reboot"

I couldn't possibly have any less faith than I do right now in this shit heap.

Literally the only flaw is that it lasts TOO long. Plus the flamethrower somewhat trivialises things.

The game is shit below Hard though. People who play through it below the recommended difficulty are dumb fucks.

Stand alone movie yes
Series, no

I know a guy who couldn't beat it on easy with a trainer.

Don't even ask I just don't know how

Doesn't have the same punch as Alien imo. There's a benefit to it's simplicity, plus The Eighth Passenger would give the plot away a bit.

Not that it's matter these days since the trailers generally ruin the entire movie prior to release.

It's like poetry

Was it ever going to be called Prometheus 2? There was a time when sequels could have names that didn't reference the previous movie. I thought Covenant was called Paradise at some point.

Probably tried to play it like CoD.

I know a guy who quit playing because he thought not being able to headshot the ayy with the revolver was bullshit.

This would be my favorite vidya of the era if it fucking worked. My memories are 50/50 split with GOAT Alien gameplay and restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, downloading patches, etc. etc.

Not a vidya guy but I can't believe this shit is acceptable for console games.

I feel like 'run' is actually bad advice when dealing with xenomorphs.

It's a Prometheus sequel, it takes off after that movie, but they're calling it an Alien movie because it has more positive connotations for audiences. It's bait and switch.

It was never going to be simply "Prometheus 2". The film was originally titled "Alien: Paradise Lost" but now is "Alien: Covenant"

Nah man didn't you play AvP, you are supposed to suplex them

>It's a Prometheus sequel
I am quite certain only people who did not see Prometheus might think otherwise.

The alien had digitigrade legs.

there was a rumor floating around a while back that future releases of Prometheus will retitle it Alien: Prometheus

Yeah, I like when they're more human and upright. Makes them look more wrong than the more animal movements and appearance.

I saw that shit in theaters. This is a Prometheus sequel with a slapped on Alien soft reboot.

Cut away 10 hours and it would have been great.

The only people who don't like BASED Isolation are casual who don't like to be scared and are shit at playing survival horror games.

>Giger actually thought men would be creeped out by the facehuggers
>It's generated so much fap material

>youtu.be/FfdXqfxRtf0?t=48s

Not a real Sega game.

Remember this?

>yfw aliens killed the alien franchise

Not like Weyland Yutani cared about anything but profits

wow, she's hotter than Ripely

>blonde ripley
>brunette newt

wat

No, Alien3 and Resurrection basically killed the franchise. AvP pissed on the grave. Prometheus cleaned the grave and got the franchise breathing again.

Any woman with an ass that isn't concave is hotter than Ripley.

>Prometheus cleaned the grave and got the franchise breathing again.

I was with you until this, Prometheus is an objective mistake.

Aliens killed the threat of the xenomorph by making it a horde monster and had to introduce a Queen to try and make them seem at all like a threat.

Alien3 tried and failed to make one scary again. Resurrection also happened.

AvP, while dumb fun, is a terrible fucking habit for the series.

Prometheus committed the ultimate horror movie sin of giving your monster an origin story. The xenomorph is just that, an alien, from the vastness of the coldly hostile and bizarre universe. It doesn't need a fucking grand creation narrative. Prometheus was garbage.

AvP gave us pure kino

Legendary game, the only people complaining about it are redditors regurgitating what RLM said.
This game is fantastic.

I hope they dare something new, even if its a gamble, even if it ends up failing.
Please.
Do something new.

Alien: Isolation was the best Alien since Alien.

maybe if it has a gud android plot point/ sub story

Kino:
Alien
Alien 3
AvP

Flick:
Aliens
Alien: Resurrection

Shit:
AvP:R

Whats the best Alien ripoff?

youtube.com/watch?v=QdbgGA5esqE

No, if it had human legs it would look like a guy in a cheap suit chasing you. NOT SCARY.

We never got a cool Aliens Cartoon to watch on Saturday mornings. We just got the crappy Kenner toys instead.

Was the Alien franchise a mistake?

youtube.com/watch?v=m-7pA5GtQ-k

>Prometheus is an objective mistake.
It's not. It revived a franchise that was basically dead. Now we're getting a sequel to it, another Alien film, and we got Alien Isolation

>Aliens killed the threat of the xenomorph by making it a horde monster and had to introduce a Queen to try and make them seem at all like a threat.
It really didn't though, because the xenomorph is still a threat. In fact, making it so that when there's enough of them they act like a swarming hive makes them even more terrifying.

Plus, Aliens still didn't' show the monster too much. Even in the sentry scene, most of it is the sentry shooting or Ripley and co. reacting.

>AvP, while dumb fun, is a terrible fucking habit for the series.
This I can agree with.

>giving your monster an origin story.

It didn't, though? The only Xenomorph we even see is a mural.

>The xenomorph is just that, an alien, from the vastness of the coldly hostile and bizarre universe.

I never would have guessed that the Alien is an Alien!!!

>You are becoming hysterical.

Glad to see someone else enjoyed avp the only thing i think is wrong with it was the characters. AvP had a solid story looked great.

LifeForce was pure kino

Worth for Mathilda May alone

The prehistorical segment of AVP was a more interdasting concept than anything else in the movie. They should have just run with that, done some Apocalypto-style shit in ancient Antartican jungles infested with xenomorphs.

Working Joes creep me out more than the ayys do.

AR is the least scary Alien film, and that's also the film which introduced the silly meme monster legs.
Checkmate, fag.

>Antartica used to have rain forests

This alone is some spooky shit. What the fuck used to live in them?

All these people hating on ALIENS and PROMETHEUS.

Get real people, Aliens and Prometheus was lightyears better than the other movies after Alien. For additions to the franchise, they're great!

The same shit as now probably, I think the idea is that it's before any continental shift, so like pangea type shit where Antartica was where South America is now
Don't go into AvP expecting scientific accuracy

>The SEED IS PLANTED

What did they mean by this?

> I think the idea is that it's before any continental shift

It had rainforests 56 million years ago, nigga. People are that old.

>A3 killed the franchise
>muh hicks muh newt
>implying
A3 was a good end to that particular story.
Res was the ultimate fuck up by bringing Ripley's old ass back, and setting it way, way into the future.
Could've easily just started a new story without Ripley.

Lol. Never heard of this one.

Rumor was Fox wanted to make Aliens vs. Predator after Alien 3. But then Alien 3 bombed big in theaters and we never got a mid 90's AvP.

>Could've easily just started a new story without Ripley.
That's basically what happened with Alien: isolation when Ripleys Daughter went to find out what happened to her mother.

No we're not.

Characters were great, imo. Only the mary sue archeologist faggot was bad.

Finished it on Hard mode.

Only 5,5% has finished it on hard mode on steam.

So yeah. I kill aliens.

That's cool. I liked how they handled David in Prometheus, he was following morally bankrupt orders, but obviously only doing it because of programming, they didn't make him actively evil or dismissive of human life like Ash was in Alien.

I like that Alien is one of the few scifi series with advanced AI that doesn't turn homocidal at every possible opportunity, the whole thing with Call in Resurrection where the androids rebelled, not to wipe humans out or establish dominance, but to follow their programming to protect humans after they identified the corrupt oligarchy of companies like Weyland-Yutani as actively hurting the majority of humans (and was likely to drive the species to extinction by trying to weaponize xenomorphs).

Bishop was the most likeable character in the series.

>It's not. It revived a franchise that was basically dead. Now we're getting a sequel to it, another Alien film, and we got Alien Isolation

Did it need to be revived? No, we had Alien, an all but perfect film, with sequels of decreasing quality. There's no reason to continue forcing its existence until Scott decided he wanted some kind of grand ancient aliens backstory.

>It really didn't though, because the xenomorph is still a threat. In fact, making it so that when there's enough of them they act like a swarming hive makes them even more terrifying.

When a single one of these things can take out a seasoned crew inside their own ship, that's a threat. A bunch of marines with turrets gunning down dozens upon dozens in an epic two hour quipfest and then having to introduce an even bigger alien they can't just blast away kind of deadens their overall threat.

>It didn't, though? The only Xenomorph we even see is a mural.

I don't know if you saw the same Prometheus as me, but it's more than a little heavily implied and shoved into your face with dozens of various visuals that the engineers and their not-shoggoth black goo are the reason xenomorphs exist. Prometheus is the setting's backstory.

>I never would have guessed that the Alien is an Alien!!!

I don't think you quite get it, m8. That's all the alien had to be. It's in the name. It doesn't need a backstory of any kind whatsoever, but lo an behold, it's now part of a grand ancient aliens backstory.

Aren't they planning to bring back an even older ass Ripley soon? With Neil 'Border Controls Are Literally Hitler' Blomkampf as director.

I really liked the setting in Alien Isolation. The kind of setting i would love to spend days just exploring and nothing else. I got that feeling with Alien too, the ship was just really interesting to me. Prometheus wasn't like that i don't think, i really hope the next movie has a setting that makes me people want to know more.

Thought that was canned for Scott's Alien.

>Cosplay guide
>Thinking chicks will want to cosplay as a character in an unflattering jumpsuit when there are millions of other vidya characters that will let them dress like a turboslut

delayed*

I REALLY want Creative Assembly to make another ALIEN game with as much care as they gave Isolation. Felt as though I was in the ALIEN universe. Of course one set again during the ALIENS era would be great. Perhaps some adapting of the Dark Horse comics?
Don't forget Michael Biehn.
Nah. They put it on the back-burner instead of co-production to share materials and cost.

Dunno what they could even do with Ripley at this point. I wouldn't really want to see her in another Alien movie if it was more than a 5 min chat or a quick reference to her story by some dudes 100 years later who thought it was a myth.

>it was space gooks all along
Fucking knew it

It's not simply that it killed Hicks and Newt, it's that it killed the most cop-out way possible and then added in "le magic alien egg that somehow got aboard".

>Did it need to be revived?
Yes. There are plenty of good stories to tell in the universe.

>When a single one of these things can take out a seasoned crew inside their own ship, that's a threat.

A seasoned crew of... space truckers.

>A bunch of marines with turrets gunning down dozens upon dozens in an epic two hour quipfest and then having to introduce an even bigger alien they can't just blast away kind of deadens their overall threat.

Not really. In fact, if you actually watch the film the Aliens overwhelm most of the marines.

>I don't know if you saw the same Prometheus as me, but it's more than a little heavily implied and shoved into your face with dozens of various visuals that the engineers and their not-shoggoth black goo are the reason xenomorphs exist. Prometheus is the setting's backstory.
You're making assumptions. The film only ever shows the Xenomorph in the form of a mural, which could imply that the Engineers worship the Xenomorph.

>I don't think you quite get it, m8. That's all the alien had to be
And that's all it is.

Yep. After Covenant Blomkamp's film will be made

Based on interviews, Blomkamp's film will be a passing of the torch from Ripley to Newt.

Thank fuck

Alien's setting had a really grimey, lived-in feeling, because the crew of the Nostromo are basically space-truckers or interstellar oil riggers. You kinda expect to see left over McDonalds packaging piled up under the pilot's terminal and shit like 'For a good tiem call Ripley 7375 34572358' scrawled over the toilet walls.

I think that's one of the reasons it's so liked and has aged quite well despite being 70s are fuck in terms of technology and fashion.

Prometheus did away with that an made everything clean and Star Trek shiny, the same sort of bland, Apple store future aesthetic that most scifi goes with.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING TEASER

>Prometheus did away with that an made everything clean and Star Trek shiny, the same sort of bland, Apple store future aesthetic that most scifi goes with.
You're retarded.

i wanna fug a THICC xenomorph queen

It's Space Truckers vs. Scientists with a shitload of funding.
Did you not understand the concept?
You need help.

>You need help.

i'm big enough, it's not a problem.

WEW, KIDS, GET READY FOR ALIEN: HALO!

Sauce on that.

Time to go in armed and show that BITCH who's boss!

>Did you not understand the concept?

Yes, it's just a lot less compelling visually. Just because something makes sense doesn't mean it's artistically equal. Hence why I don't think the Prometheus was anywhere near as interesting or iconic as the Nostromo.

>You're retarded.

Sorry for upsetting you with my vicious opinions ;__;

Only thing wrong is that I have not played it yet.

Guess I need play it on hard mode?

This was an arcade game at the local roller rink, one night on a middle school skate night three other kids and I beat the entire game in shifts. The final boss was intense. It was a huge collective achievement at the time and took a lot of quarters. All of this was to the tune of a dj playing the Ghostbusters song and other 90s pop. Thanks for the reminder.