Looking for some early electronic albums featuring alot of analog Synthesizers and drum machines...

looking for some early electronic albums featuring alot of analog Synthesizers and drum machines. ambient stuff works too. already listen to YMO and the solo projects of the members and most youtube rec stuff everyone posts all the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ai9R7nkiXeA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPdE01SoOBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get into Wendy Carlos

kid baltan and tom dissevelt - the fascinating world of electronic music, from 1959 and some of it gets a bit on the abstract side but I think you'd be interested in the other stuff on it.

Switched On Bach
Tangerine Dream
Early Vangelis

Chris Swansen youtube.com/watch?v=ai9R7nkiXeA

go ahead and just surrender to dnb

SOURCE DIRECT

Seconding this

Though, early Vangelis? Just about any Vangelis is fine. I'd suggest the albums Direct and The City

For Tangerine Dream, go with Phaedra, Ricochet, Stratosfear, Rubycon, and Force Majeure

morton subotnik, charles cohen, david rosenboom, harald grosskopf, steve moore, klaus schulze, the list goes on.

I was thinking stuff like Spiral and Albedo 0.39 from Vangelis.

"Alot" isn't a word you two-bit dunce. Also try the 1983 version of "Subsequent Pleasures" by Clan of Xymox.

here are some, I guess

Didier Paquette
Dieter Moebius
Dimitris Papadimitriou
Dionne-Brégent
Dorothea Raukes
François Bréant
Gershon Kingsley
Hans-Joachim Roedelius
Hydravion

I mean there are a lot. Would need something more specific than your post. Early drum machines tho... maybe Craig Leon, Walter Christian Rothe, Rüdiger Lorenz?

this is good stuff!

Those are also great. I was going to suggest Soil Festivities too since OP mentioned something ambience.

Also, Blade Runner Esper Edition is fantastic, though strays further from what he's looking for

this is almost exactly what i meant thank you! i love the thinner early single lead layered style of the early stuff so much

Morton subotnik, Pauline oliveros, Suzanne ciani, tg, screamers, units

I got to meet Ciani. What a beauty. She did the presets for the dx7, you know

Nice, I did not know that. I saw Morton subotnik last year at a don Buchla memorial show and it was so good. I think she was performing that weekend too but I missed her.

youtube.com/watch?v=CPdE01SoOBQ

White Noise
United States of America

Mort Garson is great, especially Plantasia and Black Mass Lucifer

The silver apples