Bandcamp thread

Post your stuff, give feedback, be nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

danielgillett.bandcamp.com/album/moorland
noriginal.bandcamp.com
fromdowntown.bandcamp.com/album/trio
epiglottis.bandcamp.com
ibhssa.bandcamp.com/
minzar.bandcamp.com/
mythenmetz.bandcamp.com/releases
daev.bandcamp.com/
lonelyghost.bandcamp.com/album/funereal
memeskole.bandcamp.com/album/programozzunk-c-nyelven-1999
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/f-radt-a-hegy
fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases
jaripitkanen.bandcamp.com/album/gora-burya-nevetlen-ujj
jaripitkanen.bandcamp.com/album/a-planet
droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people
droopies.bandcamp.com/yum
dustupmag.com/droopies-fuzzed-out-dark-dream-responsible-people/
rvamag.com/music/local-trio-droopies-discusses-new-album-responsible-people.html
echodjek.bandcamp.com/album/petrichor
aloyscrimshaw.bandcamp.com/
youtu.be/bXF4FkZ4cHk
youtu.be/nz1MivmmtgE
youtu.be/RILic0zUCcY
soundcloud.com/user-996572302
soundcloud.com/user-821581843/sets/hits
1in10.bandcamp.com/album/mea-culpa
wacokid.bandcamp.com/album/synthetic-heaven
auntfarm.bandcamp.com
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com
memorycare.bandcamp.com/
uglyyyy.bandcamp.com/album/dead-end
dealerplates69.bandcamp.com
freehorse.bandcamp.com/
acuesce.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=DzgTUD2TQBU
manuru.bandcamp.com/track/evening-shadows
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

danielgillett.bandcamp.com/album/moorland

>split into two stylistic halves
>first four tracks are progressive rock
>last five tracks are influenced by Medieval/Renaissance music

first project in over 4 yrs is out now lads
try giving it the full listen
its a journey

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>chill hop
>boom baps

Put all my previous tapes onto one albun, hope you enjoy it

fromdowntown.bandcamp.com/album/trio

>boom bap
>phonk
>lofi joints

Skimming through right now, this is really well put together. Track 3 is my favorite so far. Gonna listen to this fully when I'm able.

Got that Kill Bill / Airospace vibe, usual rec. Shoutout to GFbeats too.

Good day too you!

epiglottis.bandcamp.com

>Mixture of ambient music with more ambient music!
>The newer stuff is much more loop-focused
>The earlier ones are just a bit of a torture
>From emotion to emotion, all around the spectrum
>Said to be, overall, pretty okay-ish

Gonna give feeds when I'll get myself out of the bed

ibhssa.bandcamp.com/

>ambient
>progressive
>cyberpunk

minzar.bandcamp.com/
>Post rock with a bit of heavy stuff
>Follk/Neofolk
>Indie

I enjoy it a lot, very well thought out and composed. Was really surprised how good it was when the first truck begun, only complaint is that the drums were too much behind the mix, which Is solved in some of the later tracks.
Listened to a bit of seasongs, drowning is very calm.and relaxing,.it is fun backround music while doin somethin' else and wanting to get that kind of calm waves, but isn't that memorable

At night I'm sleeping. But at day I'm a screaming seagull, sharing my thoughts (not feedback) about you gals.

>it is fun backround music while doin somethin' else and wanting to get that kind of calm waves, but isn't that memorable
So it succeeded in it's goal. Thanks for listening!

Like I've said once it's definitely a progression over your earlier work. Though I sort of think I'm still not a fan. Something bugs me when it comes to the mix - it's way too artificial for me, way too clean (at least when listened through speakers). That bugs me mostly because you're using instruments which, I feel, would thrive in an right sound environment. But it's coming along better than expected so good job for that!

Not a fan of hip-hop but I can see the appeal. The mixing ain't that bad and the run-time is appropriate for such snippets to live.

I don't know about this one, maybe I'm totally not in the right place to listen to this but this screams early 2000s, in terms of used sounds, overall presentation. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for that period of time but that drags your music down a bit in my eyes. I think the whole thing goes into the direction which I would never see an "ambient" piece of music go which is both bad and good. If nothing else this made me think back to the older days, much more artificial, much more plastic-y.

Vocals are way up front there. They need to be buried a bit more into the mix because they feel like they are pasted on top of an already existing track. I think you are also peaking in volume at times but, overall, it's a solid neofolk affair. Nothing mind-blowing or anything but really solid! Just mind these vocals a bit.

This cool.

mythenmetz.bandcamp.com/releases

Dungeon Synth, but Walter Moers-themed

Thanks for the honesty, I'll take it into account on the stuff I'm working on, was hard for me to find a place in the mix where the vocals sound fine to me.

I'm

I'm a simple man. I see a lizard, I hit "Play".

Pretty nice overall, a bit of harshness adds more to the overall experience and it's a nice piece of sound in general. Although I hope your next release will be less of a dungeon synth cliché and you'll experiment much more in that sphere.

Be a darling and listen to my music. Give a little feedback and I'll do that same!

> Electronic, prog, pop, triphop

daev.bandcamp.com/

Give feedback first and we'll think about listening to you

I'm a little confused. How can a mix be "artificial"? What does "too clean" mean? Is this some weird way of saying that the mix is too muddy, because I think that's the case for some of the stuff. Still, I try not to put focus on the production/mix, but rather the composition/arrangements.

lonelyghost.bandcamp.com/album/funereal

>gloomy, lofi, dreampop, shoegaze
>ffo have a nice life, Elvis depressedly

Muddiness aside I think this sound lack dirt, some form of harshness - that's what I've meant by it being too clean. Even something simple as some ambient noise would make it a bit more real. It's just a preference but to me a live instrument should be recorded in a less controlled environment than the studio, for example. It's a nitpick overall.
>Still, I try not to put focus on the production/mix, but rather the composition/arrangements.
That's acceptable but at the end of the day it's something that also adds to the composition and arrangements. Think of the extremely moody Unknown Pleasures - sure, the tracks are great but put it under a different engineer and it will sound a heck a lot different. The whole magic of such a release is that both compositions and production collide to make an impactful listen. I would just suggest, if you have a chance, to find somebody with production skills and ask his/her advice on the matter as I feel that production is something which made your previous releases a torture. I'm glad that you're progressing and evolving but at some point you'll hit a road block in which everything will sound same-ish, you know?
That's what I was basically trying to present with my poorly worded though.

Well, it's good for what it is, not much to critique there. I think that some of the beats are a bit too weak-sounding to me but that's just preference.

I actually don't record in a studio, I do everything in my small room. I do have access to a fairly high quality recording studio that I do work in as an engineer, but the atmosphere seems weird to me so I record all my stuff in my room. I thought there already was ambient noise, since the mic I use picks up a lot cause it's not very good. idk, guess we both have different takes. With regards to the whole production thing, obviously I care about it and I try my best to make it sound nice, I was more referring to the fact that I put the composition first. I'm actually studying to become an audio engineer, so I do have the knowledge, I just have really poor equipment (everything done on my iPhone using Garageband and the built-in mic). Also, you listened to my previous releases? Sorry about that, even I agree that pretty much everything i've made prior to this has ranged from okay to awful, so I feel ya. I think i've got the whole composition/arrangement aspect down well, I just hope to get better with the production aspect as well so they are both on par with each other.

lit af, would drink lean to this
totally chill, would drink lean to this
i didnt even listen to this but rec because purple album cover

memeskole.bandcamp.com/album/programozzunk-c-nyelven-1999
>MEMPHIS RAP
>CHOPPED N' SCREWED
>BORN TO DIE
>WORLD IS A FUCK
>LEAN

He probably talks about that it needs some fatter, more compressed sound, to sound HUGE. Your music is basically unmastered. I don't have a problem with it as much as Aer has though, this is fucking amazing
>purple drank dat gasolean

FÁRADT A HEGY
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/f-radt-a-hegy
>psychedelic noise
>lush ambient
>drone metal
>industrial
>featuring Epiglottis on piano
Handmade CDs and cassettes are available
For the fans of The Goslings, Ramleh, Merzbow, Murmuüre

rip bandycamps

fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases

>alternative

RECS:

jaripitkanen.bandcamp.com/album/gora-burya-nevetlen-ujj
jaripitkanen.bandcamp.com/album/a-planet

>Ambient

droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people

>vocals drums guitars
free album codes:
j527-ef8m
f7mv-3p76
mlb8-hnpk
redeem @ droopies.bandcamp.com/yum

DEC 13th Upcoming show in Philadelphia
songkick.com/concerts/32009744

read about:
dustupmag.com/droopies-fuzzed-out-dark-dream-responsible-people/
rvamag.com/music/local-trio-droopies-discusses-new-album-responsible-people.html

echodjek.bandcamp.com/album/petrichor

>relaxing
>ambient
>loops with melodies
>music to put on while you work or relax

If that doesn't sound up your alley, I also have a country EP and a Psych Rock single.

reccs:
This is a really cool mix of genres. I'm gonna have to give it a full listen when I have the time. I've always loved medieval music, so this is right up my alley.

This stuff is really cool, vocals should be a little quieter though, as well as some sorta mumbled lyrics.

reminds me a little of the bladerunner soundtrack (the original one), but a lot more menacing. Great work.

aloyscrimshaw.bandcamp.com/

>post-experimental
>The Dead Musician

youtu.be/bXF4FkZ4cHk
youtu.be/nz1MivmmtgE
youtu.be/RILic0zUCcY

soundcloud.com/user-996572302
(New Account)

soundcloud.com/user-821581843/sets/hits

>80年代のトップヒット
>Plunderphonics
>Edits

1in10.bandcamp.com/album/mea-culpa

>Edit of Enigma's MCMXC a.D.

wacokid.bandcamp.com/album/synthetic-heaven

>Lo-fi Synth Heavy Pop

Really digging this. Ended up playing walk around a couple times. Moving to Philly soon so hopefully I'll see you there

This is sick.

auntfarm.bandcamp.com

>electronic
>ambient
>idm

looking for any feedback & will return

>reminds me a little of the bladerunner soundtrack (the original one), but a lot more menacing. Great work.
Thanks man, I don't think I'll ever come close to be worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence with Vangelis' work. I'm not sure which album you were listening to while coming up with this comparison though, the Underscore collab is too dark and atonal to sound like that, Fáradt a hegy is too intense and annoying to serve as a soundtrack for anything.

apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com
>noise
>mallsoft/vaporwave
>low ukulele skills
>english with mexican accent
>moombahton
>reggaeton with noise

Fáradt a hegy would work extremely well as a soundtrack to a movie that takes place in an apocalyptic cityscape. If I were you, I wouldn't shoot down any soundtrack opportunities you get.

going to listen to this a lot, dope.

memorycare.bandcamp.com/

psychedelic, electronic post rock influenced stuff

uglyyyy.bandcamp.com/album/dead-end

"dead end"
a small project of songs i've made over the past year

>melodic
>ambient / lofi
>feels

love the singing on this album."dull lull" is a really good track.

one of the better lofi hip hop tapes from what i've heard on it so far. drums are mixed so nicely

dealerplates69.bandcamp.com

>ramshackle folk music with strange percussion
>new album out soon

digging this a lot

freehorse.bandcamp.com/

>lo fi, ambient, vaporwave, folk, acoustic

acuesce.bandcamp.com

>IDM
>Glitch
>Drill
>Braindance

Reccs:

I thought it's going to be another pseudo-intellectual "experimental noise" trash made in Audacity with shitty white noise generators, but holy shit this is REAL IDM
it sounds detailed, catchy, and it always stays interesting. The production is top tier, powerful, and has a really nice groove despite all the glitchy sounds, it's something I never managed to achieve with my music. Every little noise, sample contributes to the flow and rhythm, it all comes together without creating a mess.

Now this is some shit. It's like Burzum's computerfolk stuff but kind of more ironic prog. I actually unironically like this. Then second song is surf. Man what :D

Sound cheaply recorded & mixed and mastered. Vocalist can't sing and English is poor. Can't into this at all.

Again, but Burzum vibes. Just my thing right now. Kind of monotonous after a while, needs subtle beats and dynamic changes imo.

hmm a Finnish artist! I'm not Finnish but have lived in Finland 6 years. Now that that's out of the way; music is like something I'd listen to after double dosing on mushrooms and wanting to give in to the void. Definitely once again needs extra instruments, dynamics or beats sometimes.

Ok now for my shit after all the vitriol I dished out for free. HAVE AT YOU YOU SWINES:

> Electronic, Prog, Pop, Triphop

daev.bandcamp.com/

THIS IS PERFECT
THE COVER ART
THE MIXING
THE PACING OF THE TRACKS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dungeon synth artists should take notes

you even made yourself the work to get the maxwell signs out of the tapes, this is lovely

dude this is amazing. You have some serious talent.

youtube.com/watch?v=DzgTUD2TQBU

What do you fags think?

Can someone please help me find the what this shit manuru.bandcamp.com/track/evening-shadows is sampled from? Don't want to create a new thread.