ITT: Director who will likely to kill himself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dUX-E7gsyVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hopefully he'll do it soon

But he has a wife and two young daughters

why are his glasses so small

Because he's a big guy

Which one is uglier? It's actually really hard to decide....

because Elle doesn't love him?

>what did his wife & 2 daughters think of this?
>elle laughing nervously af
embarrassing

tfw his lips have literally touched heaven

Young Lars looked pretty good

>her hands moving up that fast

What did she mean by that?

>neckolas

intellectual style

No, not really Tbh...

Arguably better than Jang though, so I guess that settles it.

>that angry asian manlet in the back

Too self-aware that's what's expected of him
too narcissistic
already made it too far

Kojima will save him

here's your answer

How will he do it?

You went to far user.

He had so many projects left unmade.

I miss Tony. I grew up watching his movies in the 80's and 90's.

She's such a based wife. Mad jelly Tbh
Did not know about this, apparently they've met several times? Are they working on something or do they just click well with each other because they're both autistes?

There's something tragic about him.

Unless he wins the Palme I think he's gonna kill himself.

Refn is doing a spy movie set in Japan

This was a shitty save, I'm not convinced.

But why is he hanging out with Kojima so much? Are they just friends?

in Thailand hotel closet wearing a jar jar costume

>kissing a pig

Disgusting.

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>keeps writing scenes about his characters going to hookers then getting limp, obvious self-insert
>cried during his first meeting with the Goose
>kissed him on the red carpet at Cannes
>kissed Elle on the red carpet at Cannes
>cried on live Danish TV
>talked about fucking on live British TV
>said he now only watches movies on an iPhone
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>has no neck

Some of these are alpha in an extremely autistic way Tbh

>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
is he a literal cuck?

I've never seen a faggot project this hard at nothing.

He just knows his place and lets Goose raise them instead.

Something tells me Kojima is following him around in events and stuff, being such a huge fan of his films. NWR aknowledges him and they probably hang around occasionally. What I'm wondering is: Kojima can't really speak English. What the hell do they do before taking pictures doing the OGF pose.

it's not like Refn has much to talk about anyway.

I'm sure Kojima has some kind of assistant that can help him.

And if I recall correctly, his english is actually not THAT bad for a jap.

First, both are autistic; second, Kojima can understand English very well but has difficulty speaking it. Even in speaking it, he can mostly get his point across, just in a silly, awkward way a friend wouldn't give him grief about.

>that scene in the OGF Behind the Scenes documentary where Gosling works behind the camera for the first time
>NWR gives him the blanket thing he wears when directing as a gift
pure kino

>female cousin who is an overmedicated schizophrenic paranoid
>asks for my help buying and setting up a laptop for writing a novel
>go and help her
>read some of her work
>it's incoherent and complete shit.

Fast forward to a few years later, after a bunch of seminaries, writers school, lectures later etc., she is getting her novel published by the biggest publisher in the country. Got decent reviews too.

tldr; weird unhappy people often achieve artistic success, even if no one believes in them.

They are very different too.

Refn is a lot more of an intellectual than Kojima, Kojima does what he does very, very well, but his language and cultural touchstones are undeniably pop. Meanwhile, Refn is more or less the opposite, an intellectual that more or less does his own artistic take on pop subject matter.

It's called The Power Blanket.
youtube.com/watch?v=dUX-E7gsyVU

They're similar by being independent "visionary" creators that defy expectations and go out of their way to be weird. While it doesn't always work out for them, it's still something to be appreciated. But I agree with their differences that you brought up.

>Refn
>intellectual

is she qt?

Unironically this.

And pic related.

He is, I just believe he communicates in a somewhat convoluted manner at times.
That is true, they both very much go their own way. AFAIK Refn is still persona non grata at the Danish Institute of Film.

>Refn is still persona non grata at the Danish Institute of Film

Then why was The Neon Demon partly funded by the Danish Film Institute?

As far as I knew that is, I hadn't really looked into it.

Guess they must have warmed up following his international success.

He was persona non grata because of his producer who was basically a scumbag who screwed up with the finances. After Valhalla Rising he dropped the guy and now he's getting funding from DFI again.

Yeah that would be Danstrup? I remember seeing something about it on TV long ago.

Correct.

wow he looks really tough

>Invite Nicolas for diner
>He watches Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the 50th times on his ipad

I would guess he is watching something Kojima made, it's not unheard of to show your friends something you're proud of.

I used to show other guys I respected my work back when I actually used to make stuff.

whatd you use to make? any links?

>>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Pretty badass actually

>I used to show other guys I respected my work
You're not one of them

I hope so. His films are terrible...

shit taste

ah didnt see that part

i can see why you quit though

also if youd like to get your life back on track after a failed artistic venture you might wanna start with not being cunty and thinking anyone on this website cares about your respect

can you imagine having ellie as your gf? please try and imagine it and tell me if you're able to

You should have deleted all her work when you had the chance.

It's expected of Refn to an hero? Also, what about his extreme autism makes you think he's so self aware?

I've had very very beautiful girlfriends, and truth is you forget in about 2 weeks about how gorgeous they are because you get used to it. If the girls in question is interesting, you fall in love with that and the looks become a bonus; if they are not, not even their looks will keep you from running away. Sure Ellen is a solid 10, but that wouldn't imply she'll get dumped by anyone if she has no game going on besides her gorgeous features.

Cottage cheese theis.

fag

this is a pretty safe bet

I'm pretty sure Nicolas wants that to happen

Is this on the blu ray? In the behind the scenes, which one if so?

your a dorable

fpbp

Sorry, I left to get some shit done.

Music. Wrote some chamber works and computer-assisted music. Unfortunately don't have anything digital or online, I ended up destroying a lot of my work.
Wew

Did you guys know his middle name is pronounced "vinding"? I've been saying winding for years

The "W"-sound doesn't exist in any Scandinavian language.

TAKE IT OFF