youtu.be/1xqCHLXuDuA
youtu.be/fcb-xv174GM
youtu.be/oFadopWxKjw
wiard.com/modular/300series/311c/index.htm
muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93120
infinitesimal.eu/modules/index.php/Malekko_JAG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have no money for shit like this.

How is the erbe verb? I've heard it sounds crappy as an actual reverb, but the reverb on that Alessandro Cortini make noise record is very lush.

It's lots of fun but the temptation to use it in every single patch is very strong. Just like Rings.

anyone else get the erd worm?

then steal it

DIY, I remember hearing a story that STG got his 5u for "free" because he would create multiple modules at a time and sell them.

Just started getting into modular. I have an ms-20 mini and a wasp filter so far, what should I buy next?

Why does every one with modular suck at macking music? Every time is find modular music on youtube it's just someone who has put a 8-step sequencer at random pitches and fucks around with filters for 5 minutes.

I don't know why I'm bothering to engage you at all here if you can't figure this simple shit out yourself. That's like asking why all guitarists suck at making music because you saw a few pedal demos. Most artists using modular don't spend their time making modular videos to put on YouTube, they spend their time making music and not associating it with the instrument they made it with.

youtu.be/1xqCHLXuDuA
youtu.be/fcb-xv174GM

that's not what everyone does. to me it's just a really free form monosynth/fx processor. no self sustaining buchla style patches.

Jimmy Edgar's a modularfag.

He sucks now desu but his old shit used to be great.

damn, i want a modular set up so bad, i have a micro korg and a kaoss pad mini, which can get some pretty cool sounds, everything else i do digitally

Work in progress

ARC TKB, finally

Don't have an actual pic on hand. I'm thinking of swapping the CO for a DPO.

One of my control rows, inspired by wiard.

Why is this shit so trendy all of sudden?

i saw these guys playing freeform improv two weeks ago at a place in new orleans called Sidebar that's been having these wild low key noise and jazz nights the past few weeks.

It always has been?

More producers nowadays.
Plus it can be applicable to both electronic and guitar music.

Oh and see It can be more improv.

I wish I could post here but even though I have some cool sounds I only own Reason

*messes around with filters and modulation for 10 minutes*

Vintage synth prices keep going up, and modular prices keep going down. Also you don't need to immediately drop a ton of money on a full voice anymore, you can get a microbrute/mother32/0coast and build off that.

Andrew Huang made a video about it
youtu.be/oFadopWxKjw

Another control row

how are those pp arranged? doesn't brains only do 2 modules?

Yep, 2 w/brains and two for additional pressure voltages etc.

teach me your magic gurus..
just starting out here, checking out the tb-03, I figure no reason to spend 10x the amount on an original 303 when it'll be your first and only synth
plus I'm sure there are better investments
working with some JBLs and a yamaha mixer right now, and my only in, is the pc
I want more knobs to twist
going for an acid/terror/speed type sound
what is the ultimate must have starting point?

Rings into Clouds

wish i knew how to use this. looks amazingly fun.

what music are you even trying to play with this. looks like you're just trying to impress every girl who has no idea what the modules do

DIY euroserge

It’s a controller, based on wiard.com/modular/300series/311c/index.htm

good call, thanks for input

Sucks he retired clouds, he jokingly mentioned this meme as a reason

Couple touch based controllers

doubtlessly, still... smarter than I used to be since that post
it was worth it

ITT: make noise shills

Deerhorn organs/controllers

XAOC ftw

only got one of their modules but i like them very much

Which one?

sewastopol. using it as an in/out, to derive trigger signals from tape loops and to square off envelopes with the comparator. one of few modules i wouldn't want to be without.

That's what I'm planning to do as well. Feed a synth/samples/sound through a odular to get funky sounds. What are some good modules for that type of use?

Is there a guide to getting started with Modulars?

Literally the only thing I understand is that VCOs generate the initial sound source.

Using modular synths is equivalent to using a typewriter in 2017

I'm waiting for Sewastopol II so I can use it with my Erebus.

Lots of good info in the link
muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93120

uhm. i used to have a ms20 but sold it and bought manhattan analogs clone of the filter. been using that for over two years. i use a pittsburgh modular in/out for overdriving external gear. then theres mutable instruments clouds for granular sampling sound upfuckery. but in general just the modulation- and syncing aspects of the format makes it worthwile.

then what's your incentive? maybe get something simpler first to get an understanding of synthesis. a used ms-20 mini should be cheaper than an empty 2x84 hp case.

Thanks for the tips man

>ms-20 mini

I was looking into one, either that or a Mother 32. They both at least had keys I could play.

Would you/anyone recommend one over the other?

Look at Makenoise O-Coast too.

I’m not into these but I like looking at pictures of them

The aesthetic is nice

Waiting on the postman to deliver new modules today. Come the fuck on already/

yea no shit, im asking you what kind of stuff are you playing to necessitate this setup

Why so hostile? Don’t you understand how those modules would be used/useful? this should help
infinitesimal.eu/modules/index.php/Malekko_JAG

Whats on the list?

Trogotronic case.
Pam’s New Workout.
ARC Noise Rainbow.
70 Davies knobs for projects
Bunch of stackables

Living in Brazil is suffering. Basically the only modules I can get my hands on are from EMW because they are produced here. They are not bad, but some variety would be great. I don't even know how this company survives, considering how little interest there is for modular synths here.
There are absolutely no dealers selling imported stuff and importing by myself would be a pain in the ass. Taxes and currency conversion can quickly quadruplicate the price of electronics.

convert your dineros to an alt crypto and purchase modular synths at a net profit before the bubble bursts

Case delivered, now to fill it with Ieaskul F Mobenthey

I really want to get into modular synths but I have no idea where to start, any suggestions?

I'm a guitar player so I have some experience with audio and effects

T-trent?

>vintage synth prices going up and modular price going down

u wot?
MS-20 is like 350 used, Arp Odyssey reissue for 450-500, tons of other modern vintage synths and even old vintage synths under $1000

cheapest modular setup would be like 600-700$ with case and power supply and that's only barebones shit

to get the functionality of the MS-20 you'd need thousands in modules

wtf rich losers stop trying to justify your habit with "cheaper"

>be pretty decent electronic music artist
>move to Berlin
>buy a load of modular synths
>start making extremely boring music

why do people do this? Jimmy Edgar and Laurel Halo are prime examples.

was that weird distortion in the picture actually what it looked like when you saw them?

Start with a semi-modular like a MS-20 or Microbrute and build up from there

Got that new case filled, feels good.

All that empty space to fill...

Was looking at the microbrute, it's certainly on my list

which modules would be good starter ones? When it comes to those I don't want to go in blind since they're all so expensive (from what i can tell)

i want to get into this scene. any links to stuff i should read up on?

It really depends on what you want to do with it. If you are pretending to build up from a Microbrute, you should get an extra oscillator, a VCA, some effects and maybe some filters and modulation sources.
If you want to use the modular as more of a stand-alone instrument, you will also need a sequencer and if you are into this kind of stuff, some kind of input modules (like pressure points by Make Noise).
Later you can expand with logic modules and more crazy shit like this.

why buy all this crap when there's max/msp and reaktor?

That sounds sweet. Gonna save your post for when I have some actual money to be able to afford all this. Thanks for the help homie

Muffwigglers.com

It's a good synth but the problem is you need to by an English Tier to really properly use it with eurorack. Wish I knew that before I bought mine.

>getting Maths instead of Rampage

The modules by whimsical raps look amazing, I'm thinking about getting my hands on a Three Sisters

>tfw too dumb to build an Ornament and Crime

Sisters is ace but I wish he would drop the artsy descriptions and just say what the modules do clearly

Dreadbox synths are also nice

They sounds great, Cold Mac covers a lot of ground too.

Here’s a row of somewhat drummy stuff

Definitely have a spot for an Epoch Twin Peaks, hopefully at a holiday discount

Next on the list:

>Tallinn
>Sewastopol II
>Polaris

At least he’s not at Peter Blasser levels

Because people like to spend money and have a conversation piece

Hey.

Sup Sup Forums I just bought a minilogue because I read it was a great entry level synth. What is the deal with modular synths? Should I eventually switch?

Row of some cv stuffs

nice try, but I remember you saying the AV PC was going to be some kind of liquid. it wasn't. you're the least likely real to be for real out of the three Sup Forumstrents.

what do you mean should you switch? if i told you you to give up on music completely and start knitting sweaters would you actually go do that too? jesus where do people like you come from

I'm sorry user ;-;
What are the pros and cons of modular synths?

thank you! :)

Drum machine

Join there to get access to the buy/sell/trade. Ton of gear posted for sale.

pro: its fucking modular so that means you can make your shit more complex and unique
con: its fucking modular so unless you're some kind of NEET savant with a trust fund you should just give up and make chill ambient jam half bakes with your minilol