Do you think guitar is a dying instrument? There seems to be little interest in it anymore

Do you think guitar is a dying instrument? There seems to be little interest in it anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PLQD7ZAwVpM
youtu.be/5WpnuLrNFTM
youtu.be/TJWXgWrK82k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rock music is never going to happen again because they put estrogen in the water

What can we do to fight back?

>there seems to be little interest in it anymore
>more people than ever in the hisotry of the world playing guitar
>vastly more people playing guitar at a high level than ever in world history
>new techniques and playing styles constantly being developed
>extreme levels of skill being achieved in new styles constantly
>still probably the most used instrument in all of popular music besides the computer and drums
>artists from the most mainstream to the most obscure using the instrument to make music form the worst to the best

mu has a guitar general were people post about playing the guitar.
Please stop making these terrible threads
Do you get off on this?
Do you think rock music is the only type of music that has guitars?
are you a moron?

>more people than ever in the hisotry of the world playing guitar
>vastly more people playing guitar at a high level than ever in world history
just because of the huge number, but proportionally I think that there are more turds than good players.

Of course there are more people who are bad than good. That's true of literally any skill.

What instrument is not dying for you?

Can you link me the thread please?

It's still used commonly in pop music. Rock is still very much alive, just not the stadium bloat it was 40 years ago. A ton of people still pick up the guitar. It's a versatile instrument you could take with you everywhere and play both plugged and unplugged.

>guitars

>There seems to be little interest in it anymore
For normalfags maybe.
This is a good thing. It means it's underground again.

>because they put estrogen in the water
You mean plastic pollution causes that.

Let the revolution begin.

youtu.be/PLQD7ZAwVpM
youtu.be/5WpnuLrNFTM
youtu.be/TJWXgWrK82k

Fidget Fest. Spinner comp. This is writing itself.

>implying if something is underground it's better

>implying mainstream shit is good
When sheep get on the bandwagon, the industry begins shitting up whatever is good and creative by pandering to the audience.

Sugarcubes > solo Bork

maybe in terms of looks, but the music really isn't that great
her voice is the most remarkable part

this
and the underground has never been better

y tho?

Anyone actually like the look of destroyed guitars?

Only people left playing guitar are faggots wit no energy

If nobody is playing them why are prices so expensive?

i truly hate every aspect of that dude in the first video

I think I'd go as far as to say that, with the exception of "drum", 6 string guitar is the worlds most popular instrument.

If you're referring to the OP image, that guitar is in pretty good working condition by the looks of it

the paint on the body is the only thing that looks like its seen some shit.
I also appreciate the look of heavily worn instruments, but not destroyed

>play bass
>huge shortage of bassists
>wanted in jazz, rock, pop, theater, literally anything where music exists
>as ubiquitous as drums
>every guitarist you meet will want to start a power trio with you

>play bass
>never really get any attention if you do your job well
>if you manage to get any attention it will be by fedorafags who pretty much rank musicians with power levels
it's the perfect instrument for introverts

As a pianist I really respect you bass players.
its a badass instrument and it really is as ubiquitous as you claim

bass players get attention from the other musicians they play with. normies in the audience just don't really understand how complicated bass lines need to be support other musicians in harmony

>bass players get attention from the other musicians they play with
Not the average musician, I've recorded with different artists and it goes back to the usual "chemistry" talk and I hate that. Producers seem to give you more attention, but they still see you as disposable, which I believe is true.

the solution is simple, be a bassist/singer like Geddy Lee

normies won't even realize it's not a guitar and you can always default to a cheesy seinfeld slap riff if they ask

don't be a beta bitch who is scared of women

>Do you think guitar is a dying instrument? There seems to be little interest in it anymore.

Get the fuck out of here newfag.

No.
Think about the domain of popular or folk music throughout history.
Since the renaissance, there has always been a stringed, plucked, fretted instrument that the common people adopt as a way to perform music without being formally trained.
That still holds true today, most people who play the guitar are absolute proles and wouldn't know the correct way to orient sheet music, let alone read it, but they produce lots of pop music with it anyway.

You only think that because there is no super popular band/artist and their vast imitators and others that follow immediately at their wake right now that features guitars prominently. It is still pretty much being used.

Even if it's a dying instrument, every artist out there has a picture holding a guitar. Gives them credibility.

Music in general is dead. There hasn't been any true innovations since like 1980 with the Fairlight.

>fretted
move over Gramps the new meme is fretless everything and microtones