Kathleen Kennedy Says She Doesn't Need to Cater to Male Star Wars Fans

comicbook.com/starwars/2016/11/29/lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-says-she-doesnt-need-to-cat/

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/box-office/rogue-one-star-wars-story-box-office-1201929141/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does that mean she hates men, or that she doesn't care about the lore?

who cares star wars is shit

/thread

well shes right, she doesn't need to but it'd be more profitable.

second post best post

>Fuck catering to the nerds who made this property popular to begin with!
Ruh roh.

Its not he fault that people ask her these stupid loaded fucking questions.. any answer would piss someone off

I don't why Disney keeps bringing up all this identity politics crap. The main demographic of these films don't give a shit about all this diversity crap. They just want to have a good time at the theater

Im actually pissed at this. But its because Rogue One looks like total trash and i know it will do well.

And I don't need to cater to your ticket sales kek

>Watch Dogs 2 was the second best-selling retail video game in the UK in its week of release, according to Chart-Track, an eighty percent decrease from the sales of the original.

Godspeed, Ms. Kennedy. The real world will gladly watch you bow down in disgrace as your fantasyland comes crashing down.

Oh, she doesn't, does she? Guess we'll see what the box office numbers have to say about that.

Dumb whore leeching of the works of men.

Bitch is ugly anyways

I legitimately don't want to see this on the big screen.

It's Star Wars. People didn't learn from the prequels. As long as you pop Star Wars in the title, it's guaranteed to sell.

Who cares about your video shit veddit. Oh wait the same retards who care about star wars

>I don't why Disney keeps bringing up all this identity politics crap.

But, but all those little girls need a stronk womyn role model to look up to and Princess Leia and Padme are clearly just damsels in distress. Also, the modern woman shouldn't just be a supporting role, she HAS to be the lead because grrl power.

I am woman, here me roar!

I do

When your political views translate to antagonism in your daily life, everyone loses

Yeah somehow I doubt that, considering Watch Dogs 1 didn't do so hot. I have a feeling those are numbers shipped, not sold.

Oh my god who gives a shit

She quit like a week after modelling for that picture, then married a rich guy.

how long until this flick is on Starz?

She's over estimating how much SJW's and Feminists spend money.

I dont and I have exceptional taste.

It means she's going to do what she thinks is best for the movie. And if male fans thinks that's bad then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this.

The first game actually sold really well yet was a huge disappointment which might be the main factor as to why the sequel is doing poorly.

Because that's the only way they can justify their lack of new ideas and overdependance on nostalgia and appear bold and innovative. Also, faggots like bite the bait and help Disney shills to sell the narrative that anyone criticizing the SW Cinematic Universe is sexist.

>Ugh, can you just not with the PROBLEMATIC VIDYA!

Hi Anita.

>Patriarchy Wars

lol. Fuck this shit.

Rest in piss, Star Wars.

Honestly, I have no idea how people can like this shit.

She's objectively right. White men are the ONLY demographic who by large are willing to cuck themselves and see a movie that actively antagonizes them
For example, in general niggers won't go and see a movie if there isn't a major nigger character
In the same manner, by and large women refuse to watch movies without some sort or romantic shit in it or strong and independant men with tits.
Chinese won't care for a movie without some chinese dogshit in it.
White men will watch anything.

because episodes 4 and 5 were very good, especially if you saw them when they came out. Remember what other movies were coming out at that time? Nothing like star wars had existed before that. Now it's just trite garbage and the star wars movies are trying to follow their own legacy but failing miserably because everyone that works on them lacks talent and vision.

That's bullshit. Black people fucking love Scarface.

>white female protagonist in every starwars movie
>SJW

its appealing to both white nerds who masturbate to cute action girls and white girls

>it's an user gets triggered by a headline from a women's magazine episode

>Chinese won't care for a movie without some chinese dogshit in it.

yet they cucked Sup Forums out of having warcraft box office failure threads

This.

Its for pathetic manchildren.

>I have a responsibility to the company that I work with. I don't feel that I have a responsibility to cater in some way [to those particular fans]," Kennedy told the New York Times in an interview focused around Jones. "I would never just seize on saying, 'Well, this is a franchise that's appealed primarily to men for many, many years, and therefore I owe men something.

I have absolutely not problem with this.

Yeah, in the entertainment industry, you don't owe anybody anything but neither do the fans.
I think when Episode IX is out and done, the Star Wars fatigue will be very real.

If people need their star wars fix, there's always the old games and comics for free at.... certain sources. Most of the current stuff is pig slop anyway.

They also have this bizarre fixation on constantly bringing up gender politics when they promote these movies.

We get it, People say mean things on twitter.

People here also act like The Force Awakens wasn't a box office success in China either when it was second to the U.S. in box office gross.

>video game shit

Fuck off Sup Forumseddit. You're so desperate to be recognized as an industry for adults and not for children that you're starting to delude yourselves into thinking you're Box Office experts all of a sudden by looking at shit like 2nd week dropoff in sales on fucking video games. First you want to be the sports industry and now you want to be the film industry. Pathetic as shit.

*third.

The male fans will watch it regardless. It makes business sense to target the female market. However they will kill the brand with mediocre films being released each year. Females can't sustain this type of fandom.

Video game publishers release games now and don't give a shit about immediate sales because they're about to make most of their bank in December.

No im telling you to grow out of being a baby and caring about hollywood refuse, like the retards who think diversifying capeshit and nerdshit is some progressive victory.

thread is over

done

nothing more to say

ye the old films are kinda cool the way super mario 1 on NES is kinda cool, but they shouldn't be a part of your actual daily life, and for fuck sake don't make modern social justice memes out of it

>it's a "less pander to the demographic least likely to give a shit about our product in the hopes that our consumer base expands, while simultaneously alienating our established consumers with identity politics they don't give a shit about" episode
The 2010s were a mistake.

Nothing wrong with what she said, Disney only cares about money which means they'll pander to everyone and pull every gimmick to get people in seats. Expect for female characters and token niggers and chinks

From a business perspective, she's right. Male fans will see it anyway. Women are less likely to enjoy sci-fi and movie battles, so they need other incentives to see Star Wars.

Then again pretty much every guy I know dragged his girlfriend along, so they're getting the unwilling female audience anyway.

I know right, this shit is getting ridicolous and pathetic

>doesn't need to cater to 97% of the fanbase

YASSSSSS QUEENNNN SLAAYYYYYYYYY

Finally sci fi movies without fucking shit boys. Go make your own movies stupid sexist men. HA!

>DUDE LIEK NERD MANCHILD LMAO

Nice delusion, but video games and Star Wars are the normie as fuck now.

haha willing to cuck ourselves. its called being open minded to any and all cultural ideas. On film its art and i am interested in different types of art. not all types mind you but yeah i can be convinced to watch something out of my demographic sometimes

>Star Wars are the normie as fuck now
>now

Star Wars was normie the day it came out. You don't get to make the money it did without the normie audience.

they can do whatever they goddamn please now, Hollywood doesn't get one motherfucking dime from me anymore. I used to go to the theatre for some new ones, but that's done now too.

They literally wont get away with another strong female lead, there will be a huge backlash.

>cartoon girl poster

You couldn't go to the movies anyway, that's whey they have single policies so you can't go.

It's a good movie

This is why you never elect a female president of anything.

>TFA stars a cute, conventionally attractive female woman
>Rogue One stars a cute, conventionally attractive female woman
>Neither are catering to male fans

Considering the line up of movies is Han Solo, Boba Fett, the other two episodes and a potential Obi Wan after Episode IX.

>"I'm not catering to any particular group"
>GGGGRRRRRR SHE JUST SAID SHE'S GOING TO CATER TO EVERY SINGLE GROUP EXCEPT FOR MEN I'M SO ANGRY

cool manufactured outrage, famalam. Reminder that you are no better than SJWs by this point

Star Wars ended as soon as Disney bought it. TFA felt as much like a Star Wars film as JJverse felt like a Star Trek film.

Boba Fett ain't happening. Shit got canned with Trank.

Oh, she is just going to cater to "Female Star Wars Fans" you know, the ones that don't exist.

Star Wars wouldn't be a thing anymore it wasn't for all of the men and boys that bought the merch and shit.

And people wonder why anything women touch turns to shit. There's a reason so many of them are returning to traditional roles, because they simply aren't business minded.

what's a single policy

I'm glad more people are becoming aware that the literal poster child of feminism was a lazy cunt

>Mary sue Rey
>Best for the movie

Pick one

Males are no longer the only real demographic watching Star Wars, so they're no longer needed.

>During a White House summit on “gender bias” in media and toys, Tasia Filippatos, the Senior Vice President for Communications at Disney Consumer Products, spoke about the company’s line of products and what it is doing to make their content attuned to the diversity of girls.

>During the panel, Filippatos brought up a photo of the Star Wars character “Rey” on the screen from The Force awakens as a sign of their new focus on girls.

>“As you may have noticed, hopefully you did, the lead character in the Force Awakens was the lightsaber wielding Rae, a very strong empowered female heroine who really took the movie and the world by storm,” she said. “Let me just say, you know, that was purposeful, that was purposeful on Disney’s part and purposeful from the filmmaker’s perspective to make that lead character a strong empowered female.”

>Filippatos also highlighted the upcoming Star Wars film “Rogue One” pointing out that Disney also put “very strong female as the lead.”

>She explained that it was part of a bigger plan for more Star Wars movies and feeding the massive consumer product pipeline, pointing out that there were “tens of millions” of female Star Wars fans.

>“Star Wars has always been one of those franchises that absolutely crossed gender – it covered all demographics,” Filippatos said. “But the product line, historically, has been very very boy focused and was very much geared towards boys despite the fact that these were characters that resonated very strongly with all parts of the population.”

>She said that Disney focused on making the product line more reflective of the interest for women as well as men.

>Filippatos defended Disney referring to the controversy over the lack of Rey toys when Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released, insisting that it was the result of Rey products selling “phenomenally well.”

>"I don't need to cater to male SW fans"
Trust me, the shelves overflowing with unsold Rogue One merchandise already speak volumes

Oh okay, I guess she won't need me to see it. Can't wait for this to brake box office records.

>not any particular group

"OH NO! THEY'RE GOING TO INTRODUCE PROTAGONISTS WHO WE ALSO WANT TO FUCK! WHATEVER SHALL WE DOOOOOOO!?"

Pathetic.

you mean she doesn't need to cater to star wars fans?

Fucking hell

>fuck the fans!
>watch my movie, shitlords!
lol, no.

hey disney shill

Rogue One having the highest presales of the year and 2nd of all time behind TFA speaks louder. You lose again.

variety.com/2016/film/box-office/rogue-one-star-wars-story-box-office-1201929141/

she doesnt

she doesnt even need to cater to anyone with half a brain

star wars is lowest common denominator shit and even have 4 awful movies in a row they still make billions

she's not saying "I don't cater to star wars fans" she's quite literally and specifically saying "she doesn't cater to only a specific star wars fanbase" she's saying she doesn't make the movies for men and only men.. not sure why some of you can't follow this at all

>"cute"

>Look like boys with long hair.
>meant to appeal to straight males

Good laugh

>highest presales of the year and 2nd of all time behind TFA
That's for opening night. We'll see what happens in the weeks following. Of course the fans and "geeks" (reddit) will turn out.
The average person thinks this is a sequel to TFA. I know someone that asked why Kylo Ren (who they called "the bad guy") was wearing a little hat now (pic related). Word of mouth could save or doom it once the average person finds out what the movie is actually about.

This.

Leave your basements you asshats.

I don't have a problem with female MCs, I really couldn't care less if it's still a good movie. But the way they force it down my throat and try to make me praise them for being "stronk women" is really fucking annoying. I just want to watch a good movie, I don't give a shit what it does or doesn't praise. Ideally movies shouldn't cater to a certain set of ideals at all, they should merely show things happen and leave it up to the audience to determine what is right and wrong. But I guess people can't and aren't supposed to think for themselves, and all kinds of shitty morals have to be shoved down our throats like a fat penis. There's nothing I hate more than a movie which expects me to agree with everything a certain character does, as if I'm some kind of mindless retard.

True.

I still can't get behind a 105 lb girl knocking out a 200lb professional soldier in full battle armor.

Hell, even in combat sports weight classes exist for a reason.

>I don't need to cater to 80% of my audience

This is why Star Wars is going to go downhill fast. They hate their audience, and are open about it.

Men Vs. Women is such a manufactured argument at this point.

If stuff like this pisses you off then you are already 12 steps behind where your brain should be.

>star wars manchildren flock to see another manchild film

No surprises that Rogue One has the 2nd highest presales of all time. Thing is, it won't even be the highest-grossing film of the year.