Do you support Hong Kong's democracy movement?

Do you support Hong Kong's democracy movement?

No, they delude themselves.

no. its pointless.

Nah, giving chinks democracy leads to the neoliberal degeneracy that is Taiwan

((Democracy)) would inevitably bring them homos, niggers and mudslimes.

Why you normal peasant have to disagree their movement? You have Stockholm syndrome

yes if the majority want it

I would rather hongkong no longer exist than be part of disgusting mainland

yes

Of course

Yes. It's better a multicultural democracy, than a totalitarian globalist superstate, as China.

Being this close to China, its either
>Get lung cancer because of their smog
>"They wanna have democracy!!! Nuke them!!!"
Just kill us quick bitch

This. Democracy makes no sense in the modern world.

don't care mate

I want China to back off from Hong Kong and Taiwan.
I feel sorry for these people.

>rich city-state
>still uses third-world transmission poles

What

japan too, where's your monkey god now?

Wow, rude

sure
>flag
DELET DIS
>tfw

I support all democracy movements even those run by the Muslim Brotherhood and Syrian rebels. They are our allies.

Expat here

Nice idea but they're deluding themselves

It's not until you've seen entire streets of shops bulldozed on the mainland virtually overnight that you realise that CCP really just do not give a fuck, if they want to do something, it gets done.

Xi has made very clear that they're disregarding the Joint Declaration, meaning HK will be reintegrated far sooner than 2047, and the locals will be moulded into normal mainland people.

They are surrounded on essentially all sides by the Mainland, and rely on it for their water supply. Britain could have done something in like the 50s when it had a large naval presence in Malaya, but the military balance has shifted too much by now, the place would be a fortress by the time the Royal Navy got anywhere near it.

So basically, there's absolutely nothing at all the localists can do. They think they can get democracy or independence by voting or civil disobedience, and in theory it can be done, but usually it only works by shaming the biggest power on the international stage, and China really don't care about that

Democracy is bad, trust me

Until the Americans pull their lips away from the yellow cock it's a waste of time.

Totally, the localist basically can't do anything.

China got the police, the army, the company, the bank, the stock market and the money, they got everything, they don't care about the existence of Hongkong, they can arrest you everywhere they want, torture you, publicly shame you on TV, they will make you loss your job, make you go bankrupt or just kill you, all of this is happening, civil disobedience will work for civilians not barbarians.

And either Americans or Brits won't get into this deep shit, they don't want a war, especially when they got their own shit to deal with, they will just move their company out of Hongkong and get to Singapore, they will scream for a while and hope China will care.

Anyway, why am I still here.

Because of the French toast and pineapple buns of course

So delicious q

Are you there on business?

Dumb hippies are dumb hippies
Only jobless scum protest

Damn,that sounds terrible.If only my country's delusional pro-Chinese fags can understand what it's like to live under chinks' regime...

t. sheeple

Fuck Hong Kong special snowflake pussies

No, a uni student, I do wish I am here just for business

Yes and no.

I sympathise with them and think they are the best hope for prosperity and quality life of the country.

On the other hand I don't want them to get murdered, tortured, beaten to death, cut up for spare parts and run over by vans in a fight they havel literally no chance of winning.

Yes, it's important for them to express their point of view.

But they need to understand that it is just that, an expression, there is no chance at all of independence. China controls the water, food supply, and waters surrounding hk. anything short of direct nuclear war will not persuade china to give up hk.

it's actually your smog, tho

i do.

but i cant help but remember that there were too many of those being optimistic about their futures. ive always thought that this wont end well.

Yes even though it's pointless.

One day the commies will probably freak out and "reeducate" the shit out of everyone who has ever demanded democracy in HK.

HK doesnt matter to china anymore, its economic power is puny compared to what it was 20 years ago.

HKers are just babies throwing the toys out of the pram because they get no attention anymore. Used to be the pearl of the orient, now its just an asset dump for mainland property speculators.

No one thought the Berlin Wall might fall one day and it did. Don't lose hope.

>I sympathise with them and think they are the best hope for prosperity and quality life of the country.

See it's nit see I'll anymore relatively compared to how it was earlier

It's not about making money from speculation, mr Cheng.

It's about government that's not a self absorbed corrupt clusterfuck but is at least open to feedback and criticism. It's about having a civil society that recognizes that government is there to serve the people and not the other way around. It's about being a human rather than a biological cog in the party machine.

I still believe in you, true China!

Of course I do. It's where I'm originally from after all.

>the locals will be moulded into normal mainland people.
How do they do that without killing everyone under the age of 20

Make hong kong British again!

Britain betrayed Hong Kong. The British government could've done more.

why? they still wouldn't get to vote either way or choose their political leaders. the laws used to clear the protests and choosing their political leaders? those are the laws Britain created for HK and used by HK.

More what? Their agreement came to an end and it was no longer theirs.

for starters, they could've introduced universal suffrage to HK before handing it over.

They only introduced "democracy" late to HK out of desperation to influence the people with a "see we care!".

Yes.
Fuck Ch*na.

>but is at least open to feedback and criticism.

The Hk gov during british rule was literally word of God style rule where whatever the governor says goes no its and or buts and it still is like that during Hj's history where it will ignore it's poor and muddle class to appease it's financial/big business sector fir the bottomline. Hk was and is always sacking the dick of some entity.

m8, even the US with its post-WWII military supremacy only managed a stalemate on the Korean peninsula. The Brits had basically no cards left to play.

That's bullshit. Hong Kong island itself was British in perpetuity, and as far as the rest of the territory goes, if they really wanted to the British could've made up some fiction like the agreement was not with the current Chinese government and simply refused to hand it over.

In reality the Thatcher administration made a diplomatic mistake in the negotiations and if they played their hand in such a way that China wouldn't lose face they could've extended the lease.

I will be enthusiastic for them for the sake of enthusiasm, but the outlook looks quite bleak.

nah man, it's not about force. Britain could've did more to foster a true democracy in HK while they were in power so it would be strong enough to resist the CCP's influence.

but nope, lol, they were making so much dough from HK while not having to deal with the bureaucracy of a democratic electorate. Britain and the business elite could ram whatever the fuck laws and do whatever the fuck they wanted for so long, they never gave a shit about HK they only liked how much money it was making them.