Both of Thom Yorke's solo albums and the Atoms For Peace record is now suddenly available on Spotify again. In 2013...

Both of Thom Yorke's solo albums and the Atoms For Peace record is now suddenly available on Spotify again. In 2013, Yorke and Nigel Godrich removed their music from Spotify, with Yorke describing the platform as "the last desperate fart of a dying corpse". Why do you think they are back?
nme.com/news/music/thom-yorke-solo-albums-now-on-spotify-2169785

Why would I want to EVER listen to a solo Thom Yorke record. He's the worst part of Radiohead.

unironically this

rank the members of Radiohead and say what they contribute

Johnny Greenwood is the only "good" member of Radiohead.

Because The Eraser is actually good if you'd give it a chance and not decide it's shit because Thom is obviously not as talented as say Johnny Greenwood but he's better than Phil Selway isn't he? I wouldn't listen to Phil's solo stuff (yea he has solo stuff) but if someone on here said 'Hey this is good' then I might give it a go and let it settle before shitting all over it without any context.

Why would anyone listen to Thom Yorke's solo stuff when WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAAAAAAY better IDM exists

Here's all the context you need: Thom Yorke has tried over and over again to ruin Radiohead but the project is saved by his infinitely more talented bandmates.

On his own he would be unbearable.

This is a veiled thread about net neutrality isn't it?

Because of the lyrics perhaps. Also the fact that even Thom would scoff at the term IDM as wanky, the alternative is Braindance but that's not snappy enough for the kids these days with their acronym boners.

>music
>listening for the lyrics

The melodies

You try and play Street Spirit and sing and then come back to me and tell me that's not talented to be able to do that. Just because he's easy hate with his wonky eye and whiny voice always shiten on about his feelings doesn't mean he's not talented buddy. Phil Selways a shit drummer, pick on him.

>Why do you think they are back?
>why do crows eat food scraps?

>greentexting for the sake of nothing
>lyrics and music go together if the band has a vocalist
>vocals involve lyrics which shape the mood of the piece

If it weren't for Johnny Greenwood and the gang Thom Yorke would be singing in some gay Panic! At the Disco tier whine-core band. He fucking sucks and no album perfectly illustrates how he holds back the band from being truly great like "The Bends". It's a decent album but Yorke handicaps it.

There are a few tracks perhaps worth a listen. Only a few though.

>not listening to the music for the music
>giving a fuck about what arbitrary noises the emotionally unstable frontman makes with his mouth

That period from the bends to amnesiac was 10/10.
Then I think he went a bit crazy.. He was near suicidal by kid A amnesiac. Listen to the songs, the lyrics are really fucked up in songs like Morning Bell.
He was also "big headed" during that period, more so than people realise. It's not mere whining, there's something deep in what he says.

Recently he's a bit apathetic about everything due to tiring from his perception on everything. He fell asleep.

but what about when he goes in deeper voice regestrations? like on the Skip Divided from The Eraser.

The Eraser
>Skip Divided
>Harrowdown Hill

AMOK
>Before Your Very Eyes...
>Defualt
>Ingenue
>Unless
>Stuck Together Pieces
>Judge Jury And Executioner
>Reverse Running

Tomorrow's Modern Boxes
>YouWouldn'tLikeMeWhenI'mAngry

>arbitrary noises
heheh, you're entitled to your opinion user. Poetry is dead I suppose.

thom's solo stuff is bad

Thom Yorke is bad.

I agree. though I think he had a sort of resurgence with tkol, don't you? stuff like separator really hits hard.