Natalie Portman Slams Hollywood’s Diversity Problem: ‘Movies Are All About White Men’

>The "Jackie" star wants to see more worthwhile roles for women.

>After keeping a relatively low profile in recent years, Natalie Portman is back in a big way with next month’s “Jackie.” Pablo Larraín’s biopic finds the Oscar winner at her best, which she says in a comprehensive Vulture interview is a long time coming: “People are like, ‘What has she done since Black Swan?'”

>“There are not great female roles that are just flourishing,” she continues, comparing modern-day Hollywood unfavorably with what it was half a century ago. Films of that era, Portman explains, “have such strong female roles all the time,” namely “Sunset Boulevard” and “Marnie.” “Even if they’ll make the occasional sexist comment, they still have a central woman character who has a personality…Now I feel like movies are all about white men and then you get a couple that happen to be about women.”

indiewire.com/2016/11/natalie-portman-hollywood-diversity-jackie-1201750882/

Based Hershlag

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=women go to the movies more than men
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Portman
>not using her (((real name)))

Every actress, always the same:
>"WE WANT MEN TO WRITE, DIRECT AND PRODUCE MORE MOVIES ABOUT STRONG WOMEN!"

>inb4 bump limit is reached

I want to cum on that face.

women are good at complaining, but not doing.

this is why Trump won

money talks, bullshit walks

women don't go to the movies as often as males and children. and no one wants to watch the sappy love story/drama with their mom,gf,wife. they'll wait for netflix.

also this.

>male actor doesn't have a job
>writes a script
>makes it into a movie with himself as the lead actor
>wins oscar for best writing
MANY SUCH CASES!

And yet there are more movies being made now than ever before that don't solely feature a white dude as the main character.
If a movie looks good, I'll go and see it but I wish people like the 'Shlag had some self-awareness.

Just go full lez like Ellen Page so I can drop your stupid ass

maybe women should have gotten involved in comic books a few decades ago and there would be more female capeshit

That's because a majority of female movies flop and there aren't that many good Hollywood female directors.
Also white men are their largest demographic, of course they'll cater to them. Tell all the POC directors to get of their asses and make good films, why is it always up to the white men to make good films and do all this diversity shit

Zionism?

There are plenty of good female roles in low-budget films, Natalie.

Surely you wouldn't mind taking a cut in paycheck and exposure in the name of feminism, right?

This is why we need to recast all Jewish actors/actresses with People of Color.

>implying that wouldn't make her the best waifu of all time

like fish gulping water

Nope, anytime a celeb goes lesbian their stock plummets, look at ellen Page and Krsiten Stewart, and the latter was pretty shitty when she liked dick.

natalie portman hasn't been in a relevant movie since black swan

who cares about this old jewish hag

>>>/facebook/

Take your outrage elsewhere faggot, no one cares outside your hugbox.

Kristen's career is the best it's ever been unless you think starring in chick flicks is in any way commendable

>they always focus on irrelevant race and gender and not all the fucking nepotism and classism (mainly UK for the latter)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is this how people revitalize their dead careers now? To come out and talk about how much you dislike white people?

Sup Forums is real life now, faggot.
WE PRESIDENT NOW!!
You go find yourself a safe space.

Report Sup Forums celebrity gossip shit. Fucking inbred retards.

By stock I mean looks like fucking shit, all sense of fashion is thrown out and they walk around looking like they shop at the Salvation Army and had their hair done by a fucking monkey.

>her tribe literally owns Hollywood
>bawwwww to many white men in movies

You do know you can just not go on thes threads, how much of a newfag are you niggers

women aren't entrepreneurial though, they wait till things are established then cry they aren't at the top and that it isn't fair, even for recently developed academic fields like computer science in the 70's

Good thing I dropped her 4 years ago or something. She was done anyhow. Terrible actress

oh so you have a completely nonsensical and retarded definition of "stock" when it comes to a fucking actress

thats nice

Kek, kstew is a nobody now. Neither should she be shes shit tier.

You know what I'd like more diversity in? Natalie Portman's acting! Ha ha. She stinks.

movies are all about (((white men))).

Thought she went to Harvard, didn't realize she was a dumbshit.

She only cares about the money. Anything she does or says is to increase her ability to make money from her target audience. Nothing more. Otherwise, she wouldn't have agreed to star in capeshit. No amount of artsy shit can redeem you Hershlag.

>oh so you have a completely nonsensical and retarded definition of "stock" when it comes to a fucking actress

Kstew looking like a drugged out whore and reading off cue cards isn't acting

She's more like a badly dressed parrot.

wtf i love Hershlag now

>((()))
Kikes are white though, they may like to pretend that they are a minority but they are white

When will she apologize for making Keira Knightley cry?

I can definitely see where she's coming from now

my point is that it hasnt adversely affected her career which is the only thing that fucking matters

Reminder diversity and gender wage gap are leftist conspiracies in Hollywood.

>jew complaining about too many whites
what else is new

Isn't this how Rocky started?

Funny you should say that because capes being taken seriously enough so that movies beyond Donner Superman had, amongst it's chief engineers, Karen Berger, the editor in chief at Vertigo.

>the Nazi rhetoric in that image

Seems legit. Kys shill

We need more strong female characters like that.

>Otherwise, she wouldn't have agreed to star in capeshit.
IIRC she only agree to do Thor because Kenneth Branagh was directing and she's out of the MCU now
Besides, greater actors like Hopkins and Swinton have also agreed to star in capeshit

>point out something bad about jews
>REEEE NAZI NAZI GET OUT REEEE
ok jidf

whats her name again?

You are a deluded shill and you deserve to be beaten to death. Go watch anime you gullible, inbred subhuman.

>Sup Forums

She has a nice face but I wish she were more thic

what did she mean by this?

Black Swan is my favorite movie about white men

I can't find any sources for what he said and it all links to literal stormfag websites.

No shit, you stupid slag.
All Indian movies are about Indian men, gonna' complain about them too?

Any actor that stars in capeshit and movies of that ilk have no buisness saying anything about the current problems with film. Their opinions should be discarded because they clearly have no problem with perpetuating the decline of film.

Due to the producers removed foreskin her tongue couldn't tickle his penises nerve-endings enough to give her a directors seat in a movie about a woman.

>Israel jews are hypocrites and racist

That isn't news user. They justify this contradiction by siting jewish persecution over time, and so it is antisemetic for people to say that Israel, the land of sanctuary for the jews, should ever become multicutural. Unless you support the genocide of Jews...well, do you?

Also, it is in the western worlds best interest to have a majority non-muslim powerful nation in that area to control flow of trade through the suez canal and the middle east.

I'm all for greater representation, but do these complainers not realize that you have to put people in seats? A studio can't afford to piss away budget on a film that won't recoup its loss in the box office, Blu-Ray, etc.

You're not the only one. And ultimately that's the one and only reason she has a a multi-million dollar occupation as a movie actress.

What they're really mad about is that sex appeal is life in hollywood and she's starting to age. Roles she wants are going to younger actresses.

if only she had some money to put down on projects she deems worthy

or if only she knew a bunch of like-minded individuals with the cash to back said project

I don't get why Sup Forums is getting so assblasted about this. She has a right to an opinion. Having a white straight male lead is the most generic thing that you could do as a writer.

literally kys

Females never truly dedicate themselves to their profession therefore very few of them can actually act and carry a movie. Portman is a perfect example of a popular actress that undeniably can't act.

She should show her feet more often then, Knight of Cups was a good career choice
Unfortunately it flopped hard
Hoping she has similar lewd scenes in the next Terry kino

make your own movies then you stupid kike whore

I think most people take offense because female and nigger leads are big trends and she pretends that it's still the 80s.

They have a right to an opinion too. What else are you doing here? Besides, it's an idiotic fucking opinion.

>She has a right to an opinion

She shouldn't.

blacked when?

DELETE

every other movie has a female protagonist these days.

she's just salty because her shelf life is up and she can't find any work.

/thread/

>men doing things men are good at
>white societies producing white culture
WHAT

>women don't go to the movies as often as males and children.
>ignorant neckbeard being a neckbeard

google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=women go to the movies more than men

Yes. Also, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. And many, many others.

Yes but worrying about every single SJW group you might offend with your cast choices, character creation, and plot is a recipe for a worse film than if you were to base everything off the content itself, and not how the loud minority will react to the content.

>be aging jewess
>roles dry up due to hideously disfigured appearance and complete lack of talent
>blame white men

A fucking jew.

Most movies are about animated animals these days. The remainder are divided pretty evenly between men and women (Star Wars 7, Batman vs Superman, Ghostbusters, Jurassic World, etc.).

>white societies
HOLY FUCK, ARE YOU A NAZI? I AM SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW!

>SLAMS

Why do they use this verb so often?
A womanly muttering about some unimportant issue is "SLAM"ing?

She's not wrong

This.

She used to say based things about "strong women" in films.

Her roots caught up with her

Found the kike

Okay Hershlag. Convince people to see movies not about white men.

Men wanna relate to characters. Women want hot men. It's like complaining about Thor thinking dudes are totally digging those shit movies

Women aren't interested in women

Found the Sup Forumstard

There are great roles for women. Look at last year, some of the most acclaimed films had heavy female roles: Brooklyn, Carol, Room, even fucking Mad Max: Fury Road.

>men want to relate to characters
>throw shitfits over scarjo being cast as a robot or mary jane being black because they are "not hot enough"

cool story bro.

Just gained even more respect for her.

>there aren't that many good Hollywood female directors
And yet the ones that are great all make movies about white men. Why is that?

alpha brain!!!

No one cared they were women wtf

MJ isn't black, she's an iconic character as a redhead and a model. Ghost in the Shell people complained bc she wasn't asian. None of these are relevant