I'm not a usual Sup Forums poster, go easy on me

I'm not a usual Sup Forums poster, go easy on me.

I'm looking for songs that are about the spread of American culture or capitalism across the world. Especially songs that reflect the duality of American Culture.

Two songs I can think of that are what I'm looking for are Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers and Comfort Eagle by Cake.

Heck even America by Stephen Lynch is related ("Land of low carb diets and fast food cuisine")

These aren't my usual genera of music, so I don't really know what's out there, but surely there must be a lot.

I can't really use music search services, because I'm not looking for stuff that sounds similar, I'm looking for similar subject matter, regardless of style.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBdTVmSVq14
youtube.com/watch?v=tnJXGlAUKqE
youtube.com/watch?v=rwqAL46ly3I
youtube.com/watch?v=WQeRG72E3OM
youtube.com/watch?v=PQtRXqBQETA
youtube.com/watch?v=eHpV08wI-bw
youtube.com/watch?v=sT0qBdHLspQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
youtube.com/watch?v=sxDdEPED0h8
youtube.com/watch?v=2RQsbGeqYfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe System of a Down?

Lodger by Bowie.
Also go ask this on /leftypol/, they know what's right for you

Looking for songs really, not musicians. I don't want to listen to 20 System of a Down songs to find one relevant one.

youtube.com/watch?v=yBdTVmSVq14

I would, but I'm also looking for stuff that puts America into a positive light. Manifest Destiny, Beacon on a hill, Arsenal of Democracy, all that.

youtube.com/watch?v=tnJXGlAUKqE

Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle

Forget bowie then.
And kill yourself too.
What the fuck? How can the commodification and destruction of culture be seen in a positive light?

youtube.com/watch?v=rwqAL46ly3I

check out the Mountain Goats "Going to" series. They're pretty good for that kinda stuff i guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=WQeRG72E3OM

youtube.com/watch?v=PQtRXqBQETA

Try these maybe

youtube.com/watch?v=eHpV08wI-bw

semi related

>What the fuck? How can the commodification and destruction of culture be seen in a positive light?
Pretty sure they made an entire movie about that called Team America.

Also, look at any Country or Johnny Cash song.

>Pretty sure they made an entire movie about that called Team America.
Yeah. But that movie made funny of burgercunts.

The album 'America' by Dan Deacon is somewhat about that, though more about the spread across the continent instead of the world

Sounds like you need some Modest Mouse. Listen to the whole album as the things you're interested in are one of the main themes explored in the album. It's most prevalent in this one tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=sT0qBdHLspQ

damn why didnt i think of this album, good rec

Damn, that's good.

>but I'm also looking for brainwashing
why?

sounds like you a. listen to strictly garbage country or b. grossly misunderstand lyrics.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
This is just great at it.

It's pop music, but Lana del Rey does heaps of music about the darker side of Americana. Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for.

youtube.com/watch?v=sxDdEPED0h8

youtube.com/watch?v=2RQsbGeqYfY

I was just about to post the same song.