Where were you when Disney completely fucked Darth Vader up?

Where were you when Disney completely fucked Darth Vader up?

Star Wars is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't it supposed to look like Vader from A New Hope?
Not that I give a shit about this movie.

go away

long live alderaan

Nobody actually cares right? This is even more lame than complaining about the cgi Yoda.

He looks like shit

I was right here, cant believe this tripe. Star wars is a joke

It takes place right before ANH he has to have the same costume.

>Nobody actually cares right
He's the villain of villains. Making his costume look corny like Space Balls is a big deal.

Here is a screencap from A New Hope. All of the details in the Rogue One version you posted match this perfectly and not the "original" one you posted on the left.

Get fucked.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DUNKED ON

gg OP.

In Rogue One the torso robes don't drape over the chest armor though

I've not noticed that. Can you post a screencap of this for comparison? Though I will say the post still negates all of OP's complaints.

Found this

What is this, an image for ants?

it's not that small. if it was a thumbnail you could get away with saying that

>have Vader use a proper suit through-out movie
>damage him slightly near the end. like a blaster bolt scraping by his neck
>put the dorky suit on before they board Tantive IV at the end of the movie

Pretty simple tb͏h

Sorry about your autism Mickey Mouse. His helmet doesn't look like a Party Galaxy outfit in the intro to ANH. Just admit that your billion dollar movie looks cheap as fuck.

Disney already killed star wars with TFA.
You should stop worrying about small shit like this.

sage

But it looks like a Party Galaxy outfit through the rest of the movie.

Disney ruined Luke's lightsaber from ESB.

Star Wars is dead.

1) Star Wars 1977 wasn't a billion dollar movie with a massive legacy when it was made

2) the nonshit version AT THE VERY BEGINNING of ANH should be what they base the prequel off of, wouldn't you agree? Either way Rogue One has no excuse looking like ass. Just accept that Disney are pricks.

So are we mad that it looks different or mad that it looks the same? I can't tell what we're trying to be mad about in this thread anymore.

Yeah the sound was a bit odd. Like they had to make it sound as 'powerful' as Kylo's for some reason.

I'm mad that it looks cheap and that the cheapness can't even be excused with being identical to the original since either way it looks different than the original.

Except we've shown how it looks the same as the original.

OP ABSOLUTELY BTFO
WILL HE EVER RECOVER?

He's able to change his cape you autistic fuck.

you mean this it clearly doesn't. the one on the right looks like menacing Vader. The one on the left looks like a mask with a blanket draped over. the chest is different the cape is different, they just fucked up hard. you can still enjoy your prequel tho.

I used to fuck bigger images than that in prison.

And Lucas didn't? The lightsabers in revenge of the sith (Anakin's and Obi-wan's) look pretty different to the ones that were in ANH. At least the prop guys from TFA went out of their way to get original parts and tried to make something that looked like the original prop (which changed between movies, they went with a mix of the two designs). Lucas full on didn't give a shit and added parts that weren't supposed to be there.

are you really crying over an slightly different curve in a costume?

do you realize real professionals decided to make that detail just as it is for a reason? they could have easily fixed it in post if it were a mistake.

>Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center

You faggots are as bad as the geeks that wrote shit like this.

>you can't have an opinion because someone got paid to do it

>real proffesionals
>rogue one

Have you seen the writer's twitter? They're fucking children.

Better picture of Vader's costume from Rogue One.

the R1 costume is neither 100% accurate to ANH standards nor 100% inaccurate. from what we've so far seen, they basically covered the "majors" of what distinguishes ANH vader from ESB and ROJ; i.e. widow's peak, coloured lenses, robes over armour (although this seems to be inconsistent), and ANH-style gloves; but fell short of producing a totally accurate ANH suit.

why they didn't put more effort into replicating the ANH costume, who knows. maybe they didn't know what they were doing. maybe they didn't think it important.

t. guy interested in star wars costuming

Was John Mollo or Brian Muir or, at the very least, Ralph McQuarrie brought in to consult on any of the Disney """"""""""""""Star Wars"""""""""""""" military costumes and armour???

looks awful farmboy

Lucas killed Star Wars.

Where the fuck is this guy?

HULLL
PURRR

Maybe they realize that the ANH version is worse than the improved later versions and decided to make a compromise that's the best of both.

Lucas made Vader's backstory gay. Disney killed Star Wars with the cynical The Force Awakens

It could have just been one of those situations where the costumers decided some changes were necessary in order to sell the costume as authentic. Apparently, this can be a big concern when it comes to trying to recreate inconsistent costuming, and anticipating how an audience will perceive a recreation.

In the special features for revenge of the sith, the prop department talks about how hard it was to make a Vader costume, because the public is actually used to seeing a bunch of suits. This means that most peoples' perception of what Vader suit looks like isn't accurate to a specific suit, but to an idea. So they thought they had to make a new design (that looked like what people thought of as Vader) because people would be less receptive to a direct copy. There was also some talk about difficulties recreating props because of how crappy some of things were made for the OT. Because of the inconsistencies with molds and things like that, there were some things that were impossible to replicate.

seriously OP wtf

Vader please leave.

that's a possibility but your saying the anh version is "worse" is just subjective. anh vader is my personal favourite and i dislike the way vader looks in the sequels
also possible. no one's really sure what's going on with the R1 suit; there's debate amongst vader prop community. we're all just waiting to see how it looks on the screen

one on the left is ESB vader, well done you baited me etc

>vader prop community
>we're waiting
elaborate on this

From a purely technical standpoint it is is worse. It's made out of shoddier materials and looks much more unfinished. But I don't begrudge people for liking one suit over the other.

Probably 501 nerds who dedicate their lives to create exact replicas of Star Wars shit, primarily Imperial armor.

who cares
he's just a space wizard SS officer
it's not like he was running things

Star Wars has always been shit. Fuck off.

Syndrome was such a good antagonist.

>"LOOKIT ME DOUDD I'M WERKIN ON STARTREKS BRUHH I WASN'T EVEN BORN WHEN PHANTON MENACE CAME OUT DOUUUUUD FUCK DOUD LOOKIT MY STYLED HAIR AND BEARD BRUHH FUCKIN' HOLLY WOOD INDUSTRY DOUUUD"

Hollywood is infested with that guy, which is why Hollywood is currently shit.

go away Buddy I work alone

Are you really acting this upset because the guy combed his hair when he got up in the morning?

I'm more excited for the Death Troopers than Vader to be honest.

what

Nigga can't change his outfit these days?

>different angle, lighting, and pose
>HURR ITS DIFFERENT
fuck off

Good, since we'll be seeing more of them than Vader anyway.

OP btfo

He has no arse!!!

Robots don't have to poop.

Was he autistic?

Well, he was called Syndrome.

Easily.
kek

Literally looks like the Episode 4 suit.

I get it. Op is retarded

GET FUCKING REKT OP

Not sure if I've ever seen an OP get fucked so hard

that neck bothered me too

it looks like a sloppy dollar store costume

>idiot manchildren still care about this shit-tier movie franchise

I want to get off this ride.

You're dumb he'd have to be at least 17 if he wasn't born before phantom menace you're saying a 17 year old is working on the set of Rogue One?

Kek. He was comparing it to the fucking prequels design.

I said I didn't like TFA and why I didn't like it on the ride to Denny's after my group saw it. They shook their heads and drowned everything I said out. I only have power to trash talk Star Wars on Sup Forums. Sorry to inconvenience ya.

I'd be embrrassed if I were you OP. Lmao what a fucking loser

AT LEAST GET IT RIGHT! since you all are taking decent pay-checks home from this.

Don't just phone it in, new Disney productions, if you do then you may have to answer to a real rebel force. I hope you don't have an exposed vent shaft at Corporate HQ in Burbank my little drones.

>not going to Rogue One just to see BASED Tarkin again

Jesus christ people like this actually exist?

/bread

Some generic Nazi officer? B A S E D! No, go fuck yourself but to Sup Forums. At least the Rogue One OC Nazi officer has a cool looking white cape.

>the villain of villain

Sorry senpai, that role's been taken by Kylo Ren. You nostalgiafags can go fuck off with your "muh dark vador is best villain because he's got no personality other than he's dark lmao"

I like Kylo more too but his whole fursona is based off Darth Vader. I really hope they go into detail about his Knights of Ren. Are they all Vader fanatics? It will be criminal if we don't get answers next year.

Kylo Ren was more like a henchman than the antagonist. He's not independent enough.

>getting this worked up over some guy's dumbass hair

>being this autistic

They set out to make the suit as 100% authentic to the original design as possible, and it seems they succeeded in that regard.

I'd rather they stay true to the actual films than whatever autistic headcanon the idiot fans have created in treating Star Wars as an actual, real universe with tangible history and """"lore"""""

aside from the visible neck line the ro design is superior