Can anyone explain the appeal of albums to me?

Can anyone explain the appeal of albums to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

prntscr.com/hlev78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're good

You're the dumbest frogposter in the entire world

are you implying you listen to singles exclusively?

They've got music on them

Sometimes they have more than one good song. Not often, but sometimes. Sometimes they even have more than two. But that's pretty rare.

Yes

They're the only valid means of packaging and consuming music

imagine this: more music from the artist that make singles you like

it was relevant when music was constrained by the medium but nowadays not much. 1h long tracks when?

They conveniently organize and store music made by an artist during a certain period of time. Often this music is compositionally, and thematically similar. In special cases it contains a unifying narrative and flow and the order of the music contributes a quality to it.

>Can anyone explain the appeal of albums to me?
The lack of ADHD.

But why not just buy singles?

Same answer.

coherent piece of art instead of a loose 3 minute mp3 without context

>i'm on the same boat as OP
prntscr.com/hlev78
1900 songs, pretty much hand picked from the catalog of each artist, the only albums i actually can sit and listen is John Frusciante's

ah-bloo-bloo

>coherent piece of art
what does that even mean

all these threads just as music a topic
get some better jokes Sup Forums. time to change it up

An album is like a movie. You might like 4 scenes of it a lot... but they get boring rather quickly when watching them over and over again. They also make little to no sense without context and might even seem boring without it, if you've never seen the movie. That's why you watch the whole movie. That's why you listen to albums.

stop being a pleb. If you think music albums are supposed to be like movies, you are part of the problem. Its called concept albums, most albums are not like that.

I believe the album format is also the best way to listen to music but the movie/book comparison is really fucking stupid because music doesn't have plot outside of some silly prog albums.

OP: 1/10

People replying to this: 11/10

?
>The Antlers - Hospice
cmon bro

Gayest album ever

You're using one of the cringiest albums in existence as an example? Cmon dude

it might be gay, but you cant denight that the hole album has a narrative that progresses with each song, so its not that rare to see albums actually have a history line.

why is it bad
explain

Doesn't matter. In either instance, hospice is not an average album. I bet less than 1% of albums have a "storyline", which is why comparing albums to movies/books is just dumb. Even when an album has plot it's not the most important thing, the music is. Like the plot of a videogame. Who gives a shit I'm trying to play. Movies and books though, yeah, plot is front and center.

action movies some times who gives a fuk
also just wondering why people are flamin the album, I used to hear it was a good.
Is it gay because it has a story?

You've been on Sup Forums for less than 3 months. Ask me how I know

very wrong
also im askin sinc I haven't really gave the album a listen

>Is it gay because it has a story?
nah, it's just super gay. I dunno listen to it dude. I remember listening to it when it came out (I was here lol) and thinking "damn this is some sadboi whiney gay ass indie shit. this makes arcade fire look like hulk hogan." It seems no one likes this album here anymore which is nice because it's hella gay. I assume everyone got older, realized it was gay, and decided to pretend it didn't exist, because man that album was everywhere 10 years ago and now not at all. Good riddance desu because it is soooo gay. If you are still in high school, fair game, otherwise nah lol

A belief in art to make life more bearable? I have other theories also

>also im askin sinc I haven't really gave the album a listen
... so why the fuck are you even asking. Why not fucking listen to it first, then come argue about it

>3 months
i wish, give me my wasted time on mu and vg back

ok dude dont be a hothead

I heard some of the album. yes I felt it was melpdramatic, but I know it doesn't neccassarily mean its bad

>ok dude dont be a hothead
My bad homie. but for real don't talk about music you haven't heard before, it's just dishonest and fruitless

>this album is very gay, back to highschool

argue about what
I was asking why it was considered gay and/or bad

yeah it's gay as fuck. is that a problem? I'm 25 and fuck my ass with a dildo every night, is that okay??? even I think it's gay. whats up with that??

it's gay because I say so dude and I fuck my ass with a dildo.

ow the edge

but why btw?
if they thought it was good before what changed specifically. they can't appreciate the album as a self contained album and suspend disbelief?

You're the funniest frogposter in the entire world

>if they thought it was good before what changed specifically. they can't appreciate the album as a self contained album and suspend disbelief?
they got older and realized it was too melodramatic, teenager stuff yknow

>he thinks people change THAT much
no hunni we are not superheros

>>he thinks people change THAT much
it's normal bro. I'm a totally different person than I was at 16. so many genres of music I hated and said would never listen to are now among my favorite genres.

kek what a moron

>10 is more coherent than 1
>muh songs have to feed off the others to be good instead of standing on their own

>"You can't cure stupid, user"
Granny was right

Because the majority of songs artists make don't come out in single format. Otherwise I might partially agree.