This used to get posted a lot. Post some other 2008-2010 forgotten Sup Forumscore

This used to get posted a lot. Post some other 2008-2010 forgotten Sup Forumscore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VkDJ0LqVlrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>you now remember math rock

Probably one of my favorite albums of all time.

golden age of indie desu

This winning Grammy for Album of the Year was both the height of indie rock and the swan song. Take me back bros

>liking Orgcore

That is such a retarded statement.
Math rock bands get discussed here all the time, regardless of whether or not people remember Fang Island's debut album.

This is a word I never thought I'd see here.
If Titus Andronicus counts as orgcore then it's as bad as it gets.

triggered the math rock fan

It's hardly even math rock tho

I feel you

still my fav album of all time

before the seer this was the only swans record that mattered on Sup Forums

Where's the rap music? :o

this album is basically PUP but if they reached their full potential

We didn't like hip-hop that much back in the day.

This was the first rap album to really blow up and become Sup Forumscore. I imagine it got a lot of people (me included) into the genre. You'd have to have been here to understand how massive this album was here. Half the catalog for 2 months was this album

Not Sup Forumscore, but anyone remember Small Black

believe it or not, there was a time where rap music wasn't nearly as popular

I remember back when there was guaranteed to be at least 2 threads about this album on the frontpage at all times

was music better and more impactful back then or am i just getting old?

Now this guy is an oldfag

You're just getting old.

Yeah, pic related is great.

Oh, boy, I miss the old sharethreads. Back when Megaupload was still active and shit :(

I never see any AnCo threads anymore

Not even when they released an album last year

Back when Sup Forums loved this band. And then he got a song in a car commercial and now it's reddit

I got some cool weird shit from sharethreads. I should lurk them again.

man I can't believe there was a time when fun. was considered patrician

To be fair, that first record was pretty different at the time. Their followup was awful though

I don't think anybody used that word to describe that band. As a matter of fact, I don't think the pleb vs patrician dichothomy was around in 2010.

I still stand by aim and ignite, phenomenal pop record

God this shit was cringey in hindsight. I guess Death Grips replaced them in that category

I HATE THIS ALBUM

i wanted to post this because i distinctly remember seeing this image regularly on metal generals back in the early days. i always thought it was an EP but apparently its just a promotional image for wolves in the throne room.

is it just me or was music a lot more optimistic in 2010?

fun, fang island, nana grizol ... even the stuff that was supposed to be "moody" had a certain whimsy

I miss those days man

:-(

:-)

I still give this one a spin every now and then

Sharethreads are kind of dead now. Mostly because Sup Forums has become so shit, but also spotify and youtube has made them kind of obsolete.

Unless my memory's foggy, this was popular here at some point

Well, shit. I was right

kek. teganmind

2010 is my favorite year for music. Was a lot of fun being here for all these releases

it gets posted all the time even though its not Sup Forumscore anymore

>typical American Sup Forumstant hipster: "I listen to REAL dubstep like Burial and James Blake! Fuck Skrillex."
>b+b poster: "That's great, but what about Digital Mystikz and early Skream."
>typical American Sup Forumstant hipster: "I like Zomby".

good thread
someone hook me up with a p4k 10/10 reaction thread from the archive

Archive only goes back to like may 2012

Contra is inmeasurably better than the Self Titled one

Whatever happened to Girls?

That's too bad. I was in grade 11 when it came out, and I always went to the library to read before class started since my bus got there early. I go pick up the newspaper, and the front page was a picture of Kanye and Mozart. Headline something like is Kanye the new Mozart. I wish I saved the picture but if you were here back then maybe you remember lol.

Somehow it got even more underrated

you original "mama milky"

I recall Blur were fairly positively thought about. There were a few people here who had been fans when they broke up for the first time in the early 2000s and Damon did Gorillaz.
But then they had just reunited and did some reunion shows over in England that were a huge deal and then Damon went and did Gorillaz stuff.

But then like two years after that, Blur started touring again and played Coachella and did a deluxe reissue of their whole catalog. And I remember everyone on Sup Forums suddenly hated Blur and would spam all these different Blur copypastas and shit.

It was, the reason. The album at the time was popular because Sup Forums was very pop-centric Up until later portion there was hardly any moderation on the board. There was a spammer for several years that would post gore when anyone brought up metal or rap. Also many people don't remember at this point now that wojak's popularity singlehandedly came from chronic feelposters on the board.

Bleh, I'm pretty drunk this evening. What I meant was up until the later portion of 2012 there was hardly any moderation on this board.

Pleb/patrician was in full effect then I assure you.
>There was a spammer for several years that would post gore when anyone brought up metal
God bless that guy

I miss old Sup Forums. There has a been a big downhill trend this decade where there's more shitposting and less musical discussion about anything that isn't shitty top 40 waifu pop or rap or just dumb memeposting.

and 3+ kpop threads at all times

now /biz/ has taken the wojak to another level

I know it was, my editing is all over the place this evening so I apologize. I used to main this board from 2009-2012 and I can honestly it's a different place now. I'm still friends with a bunch of people I met off of old Sup Forums though most migrated to tumblr when mods started cracking down on the feel threads. I mean fuck Lazare killed himself IRL and so did a couple other people. Shit makes me miss the old days even though at the time I was a smug little cunt.

2007 here. I sometimes wonder if the board really was better or it was just so long ago we only remember the good bits. Additionally we were younger and I'm sure a lot of us feel we were happier then so anything associated with a happier time will feel better.

But the board is pretty bad right now. I have like 30 threads filtered at any given time though and that helps a bit.

>Lazare killed himself IRL and so did a couple other people
holy fuck what. Who? I was here around that time too

this was the biggest album of 2009 to 2009 Sup Forums, mpp be damned

Mastodon used to get posted a lot man. Remember wayyy back when metal was the top genre here?

This album fucked Sup Forums. Started the waifu wars + poptimism in full earnest.

AnCo used to be so much bigger here, I remember when centipede hz was released, everyone was shitting their pants waiting for p4k to drop the review. There was even a little meme made after they gave it 7.4/10

I actually wasn't around for all the Dragonforceposting, but metal still had 50/50 control over the board easy in 2009-10.

That name rings a bell, who was that again?

It's so funny to think about that shit. Like if nu-Sup Forums time travelled back and saw the state of things. I wish there was a history textbook about Sup Forums and someone autistic enough to write it

he was a Sup Forumsack who avatarfagged as rainbow dash and liked minimal synth a lot

Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell was his fav album iirc

prob his greatest contributions were introducing more people to Beranek and Solid Space

He was the synthpop guy that used to make charts and stuff. He also had some shitposters that made poorly edited comics about him being an autistic ponyfucker. Most the other people I don't remember their names but fuck it's been 5+ years now.
I recall most people going to Sup Forums or the rare thread where everyone said meal instead of metal. Just mentioning metal between 2009-2011 would summon gorspammer to fuck up your thread.

this is a solid ass album

did biotroll ever come back? does CLT still post here?

sorry I meant who were the other people. I know who lazare was.
were you a tripfriend by chance?

youtube.com/watch?v=VkDJ0LqVlrI

What a mindfuck

gorespammer used to trigger off certain tripfags as well, pretty sure it would go nuts if that witchfinder dude posted in a thread

I've only been here about 4 years but I remember ITAOTS being posted waaay more often and a Death Grips thread almost always on the front page. Also there was some tripfag who pretended to be about to kill himself cause everyone made fun of his shit taste and bad grammar but it was just for attention IIRC.