Why should I contribute to society?

24yo male NEET here. My days are spent on lifting, walking, reading, writing, my own audiovisual projects, meeting the few friends that I have etc. I also occasionally travel, whenever I have the money to do so. I don't want to get married or have kids.

But I still get shamed for going my own way. Even here on Sup Forums. TRP, Roosh V forum, all the communities I frequent, think I'm a degenerate waste of space because I leech off the government (read: tax payers). I feel this intense pressure to go back to school, take a student loan, get an education and then get a 9-5 job. But at the same time, I feel my way is the right way - you know, focusing on my interests and if at some point I can monetize them, great, if not, doesn't matter.

Why should I become a productive member of the society? Give me a reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It sounds like you're alright. I only look down on NEETs that are layabouts.

Because otherwise you are a worthless drain on society and are better off dead to the rest of us.

You shouldn't. You don't owe society anything.

im a neet and I just browse Sup Forums and play video games

I mean, I'm not seeing anything wrong with you man. When people say neets they mean fat asses with no prospects, continuing to have no prospects, while sitting on their asses playing video games all day.

From the sound of it, you ARE already a productive member of society.

Good on you man. Keep pushing.

Don't. You work you die.
Unless you find work you enjoy doing, then it doesn't hurt to make a buck doing it.

9 to 5 job?

Is that like Bigfoot?

VITUN ROTTA MEE TÖIHIN

Glad you're happy raping your parents of their financial security.

If you collect money for nothing, you owe society something.

You don't, but nice try playing mental gymnastics, collectivist.

in Finland we have this thing called sossu where you get free money for living and stuff.

They're probably boomers so they deserve it for ruining our future.

If you're looking for a moral compass you should go to a church.

>Taxpayers pay for you to live
>You do nothing to earn that money
>Somehow you don't owe the taxpayers anything

So you're entitled to that money? Who's the collectivist?

It's just our country doesn't seem to give hope/future for youth, with all regulation/shit. I got my full time job at your age so i would guess that now days average age to get full time job (with +30h) is near 30.

And it's not just in Finland, whole Europe suffers from this. If you don't give freedom to people for innovations and shit people stop making kids since they feel that they can't give good fortune to them. Only gypsies and trash reproduce since they know how to take advantage from welfare.

Never said that, but it's available, you may as well gain access to it.

You're not entitled to being returned anything. Don't like that? Vote against the people who set up those laws in the first place, otherwise don't bother complaining.

Who is society.

Not Educated Employed Trained

You make it sound like people are paying into the welfare system of their own free will. They are doing it under the threat of violence. If OP accepts money from the government that was stolen from hardworking people through taxes and doesn't feel any guilt for doing so, he's a piece of shit.

If the law allows you to take what you can get, it's fair game, but I meant "owe" from a standpoint of personal integrity- but that's subjective and pointless to argue on

Do you think calling him a 'piece of shit' is going to change anything? Protip: it won't. No one fucking cares about contributing jack shit anymore. Bad behavior is rewarded rather than punished. Music video example of what I mean:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII

Thanks Boomers.

>personal integrity

Something that's lacking today and will likely never be restored.

Meant the contributors (taxpayers), not the collectors (govt)

Guilt is an underrated deterrant

But do I really have prospects? When people talk about prospects, I think they usually mean getting a job, getting married, buying a house with mortgage and that sort of thing.

Bää bää.

I don't get any money from my parents.

Guilt is also no longer applicable to most people.

>lol fuck it nigga you only live once ima go to da store and git me sum malt liquor an sheeit wit ma ebt

What happens if welfare benefits you're currently on are cut and you can't no longer survive by leeching on the government? Austerity is the current trend. Are you really comfortable with the notion that any year a change in political climate, or downturn in the economy can literally throw you out under the bridge? The reason is simple: by living like this you simply make yourself completely dependent on forces entirely outside your control. I'm unfortunately a NEET myself, although leeching off my mom instead of the government (to be specific, I work odd jobs, but don't make enough to move out) and for me it's simply a frightening perspective that I might permanently lose everything if she is no longer able to support me.

I have over 10k in savings. If my benefits are slashed or completely cut off, I can still survive. And if that money runs out, there's always the option of killing myself.

Any examples of how that would practically work out ?

It's pretty shitty plan for life if it involves a real possibility of committing suicide, don't you think?

No, I don't. Suicide is the ultimate trump card that I'm happy to keep in my back pocket.

>And if that money runs out, there's always the option of killing myself
The man with a plan

I'm just a dog chasing cars.

society is a spook, all property is yours as long as you take it.

Where do you get money?
> Roosh V
You into PUA?

I get the money from the government. Finland is a welfare state so they pay my rent, water, electricity, medication and doctor bills. On top of that, I get 485 euros per month to use however I wish.

Not into PUA. I only read the travel and politics subforums.

I was like you, then 3 years later went to hell.

Hell is real, and it's a place on earth and mind

>try to take something
>you can't because that would mean you're keeping it as property
>just kind of sit in your own shit while the rest of the world that is relevant passes you by

>then 3 years later went to hell.
explain?

my interpretation of Hobbes ; we are just animals

There's nothing wrong with being NEET, as a matter of fact it's perfectly okay.

It's just that you need to understand you are living under your potential.

There's handicapped people who work, who try to hard, blood sweat and tears to be contributors to this society, if you wish to not use your already given abilities, it's totally your choice. I agree with:

when he says you don't owe society anything.

I've been a NEET myself for a very long time, it's really just all about how you wish to live your life.

At some point, I personally made the decision that I wanted a job, I wanted an apartment of my own and etc, and in the end I did get it, but it's because I felt like it was time for me to move on.

There is nothing wrong with living your one and only life the way YOU want. Those people who shame you are just jealous you can stay in bed every morning.

government gives you an allowance is not going your own way thats like living in your moms basement

> personal choice

There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of the welfare system.

I think it's a retarded system, but while exists more power to you for abusing it, is hastens it's collapse.

>But I still get shamed for going my own way. Even here on Sup Forums. TRP, Roosh V forum, all the communities I frequent,

Fucking hell....

It's more independent than selling a third of your time to someone.

it's leaving like a child leeching off mom and dad that isn't supporting yourself at all get a fucking job

If selling off half of your life's time for an emotional reason is what gets your dick hard user, feel free, but I'd rather make decisions based on what's best for me.

Do what you want. Because the system is fundamentally flawed, abuse it as you will. Like it was said before the more people that abuse the system the more pressure there is on it and it will fail. for the time being enjoy your free time. Personally I feel you should do what your heart desires

If hillary wins I'm creating a violent cult that kills off influential people

Hello there fellow Fin. You are doing nothing wrong for using a system given to you. What is wrong is the system because it is not rooted in the real world anymore. It should not allow people to live for free forever. It is meant to support people between jobs and allow humane life to those that are disabled or have real obstacles that make them unable to find a job.

The system simple should not be giving you more money than just enough to merely sustain you once it is clear you are freely choosing to lay about and do your personal fun activities.

At this point you should still be free to do so... with your own money. And if you can.. well better get a fucking job.

That is the problem of the system though, not yours.

we can't all be breadwinners, some have to be the fat guy brought out through the side of the house after a decade, bet they get lots of government money

bump
Btw I don't collect any money from the gubbermint, my family supports me because they choose to. Go suck some donkey dick wagecucks.

all you need to remember is that wagecucks delude themselves into thinking making lots of money for someone else is the way a real man lives

It's not my government you're leeching off of, so I don't give a fuck what you do. Finland can suck my dick. The sooner they run out of money and collapse the better, anyway.

So just keep doing what you're doing.

spbp

>all the communities I frequent
>TRP
>Roosh V forum
lel

I fully support your choice to stay isolated and celibate so that your neckbeard DNA isn't passed on. The money you get from the government is a great bargain to keep you out of the gene pool and out of society in general.

I agree with you desu. Under capitalism there is no reason for any ordinary person to work.

I don't care about red pill/PUA shit. I'm just too apathetic and cynical

>implying normal people aren't happier working and getting more money to spend on women and kids and normal hobbies
kind of missing the point anons, OP isn't a normal person, so of course it's okay for him to lie about on welfare
if women can get paid to steal their kids from the father and then get paid for leaving them to fend for themselves while they go and have coffee with their friends, I have no objection to OP

It's really up to you, when most people give you shit for being a NEET they're usually just projecting their own feelings of insecurity and fear of being judged, these are people who care too much what others think of them. In the end it's up to you and how you feel about yourself, being a NEET doesn't mean much other than you're not in the mainstream avenues to success. If you feel you're doing something fulfilling, you're good. If you don't, change.

Bb

You're one of those entitled little faggots, are you?

What?

As long as you're not contributing to the liberal's war on capitalism you can sit in your basement being a manbaby with your parents money for all we give a fuck.

The ones who drain off the government will find themselves cut off soon enough, and it will be hilarious to watch them all kill themselves because they got used to the idea of never having to take responsibility for their own shit.

>tfw independent [spoiler]furry[/spoiler] artist

>making a shitton of of people with neetbux and bronies

>want to lose my virginity to a thai hooker

>backlog is too long

keep living the dream OP. fuck society. you're just a number to them. Besides with the automation of manual labor and possible economic HAPPENINGS down the road. There is no real reason to keep funneling shekels for the fabric jew.

>Finland fertility rate: 1.8
>"I don't want kids"
>Good goy
Nice job genociding Europe, faggot.

Fuck 'em, OP, they're just jealous. Live the dream

I'm a neet, but only because agoraphobia. I was taking online classes until about 3 months ago where I finished a course and didn't sign back up.
So I guess I'm technically a neet right now.

You're living the dream user. Marxism-NEETism when?

>jobs
>2016

You mean those things boomers spent decades shipping overseas? those jobs?

there's no shame in not fighting over scraps.

>y days are spent on lifting, walking, reading, writing, my own audiovisual projects, meeting the few friends that I have etc.
Uhuh... How 'bout you tell us about all those women you fuck, too.

Don't worry, they can always take more immigrants. :^)

half your waking time

>why should I give anything back to the society that gives me everything

Gee, I dunno, retard?

People like you are needed, so the rest of us know not what to do. Thanks for being an example of failure we can avoid!

> there's always the option of killing myself.
Finnish like a fox

Markets have done such a wonderful job of eliminating the need for labor that it is quite reasonable and proper for employment to eventually be reduced. It works great for producing wealth, but that is different from distributing it. Eventually in late capitalism, the state will *partly*-own the means of production, as Marx predicted, but unlike Marx anticipated it will not completely *control* them except through the regulatory system. If you own the profits produced by something then you own that thing, from an investment standpoint at least. Taxes mean the government is part-owner of most income-producing activity and most real estate. Much better than a violent revolution or government trying to actually *run* all the businesses it part-owns.

no one's saying you can't be neet, but like being a slut, a fatass, or anything else doesn't mean we have to respect your worthless ass

It will be just as hilarious when you off yourself at 50 because you got laid off and no one will hire you anymore. Or when we eventually get around to automating whatever it is that you do.

You don't. I used to make amazing money working for large corporations just to have large chunks of my hard earned money siphoned off to pay for god only knows what... our TBTF government and people who REALLY have no desire to contribute, yet keep pumping out worthless children who will grow up and become a net drain on guess who? Guys like me, the taxpayers.

Well I quit my career and got a 20 dollar an hour, low responsibility job doing something outdoors and away from the computer. I just turned 40 last year and put plenty of time into the corporate machine. I have in turn grown to hate this societal experiment we live in, and have zero fucks left to give about what anyone thinks as far as what I am doing with my life and how much I "contribute to society"

I work out, play video games, get laid here and there, and maintain a low cost of living throughout all this. The secret is to avoid debt and don't spend money on shit you don't need. Sound simple, right? 99% of people out there don't have the self control to adhere to these principles and would rather attempt to live the delusional "rockstar lifestyle" that they see on Instagram and Television.

Fuck the collective, walk your own path and never look back.

Pic related, it's my 23 year old sub/slave who does whatever the fuck I tell her to. Create your own reality, my friend. The minute you stop seeking approval from others is the minute your life dramatically improves, trust me on that.

For the purposes of this argument society is all citizens of a sovereign country.

1. Citizens create profit from working and creating economic value.

2. Governments tax that profit.

3. Governments use the taxes to create infrastructure, maintain order and security via police/military, and provide welfare for people that are incapable of working.

4. NEETS are capable of working but leach of welfare.

How do you not see this? Have you never worked or paid taxes?

What the whole wageslave meme and NEETIDF doesn't address, my Finnish friend, is that it's about finding a job you actually enjoy doing, with people you actually enjoy working with - and feeling rewarded from a personal standpoint as well as with money.

I am in some ways a quasi-NEET in the sense that my job doesn't require me to work quite so many days as typical ones; I work on average 120 days a year - though I've accepted a promotion that will probably extend that to 150 now. So the rest of my time is spent at my home location able to indulge in sleep ins if i feel like it; late nights catching up with friends overseas or watching sporting events on TV at inconvenient times, and days of going to the beach, or photography, or video games, or cycling.

When I do work, I work in a group of four people travelling around our country on trips of usually around four or five days in length, working around 7-8 hours a day. Sometimes we're lucky and go to incredibly beautiful tourist centres, other times we get the shitty trips to remote communities, and sometimes it's little coastal fishing towns, but in over a decade I've literally been around almost the entire country, I get six weeks of paid leave a year, I work with people that are almost always close friends, and I've seen scenery which very few people are fortunate enough to. I have graduate friends that earn more than I, but I well ahead of my mortgage payments in a comfortable house, and earn around $100k AUD each year.

It took me a while to find this job, but I can unironically and honestly say I love it, and it's enabled me to travel far and wide, and to have some amazing experiences, indulge in hobbies I love and spoil friends and family occasionally. Welfare wouldn't let me. I'm not one to say if you should feel pressured to find work, OP, but cliche though it is, it's largely true to say find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Don't, NEET life is the only free life, don't enslave yourself to the system. There is no reason for you to enslave yourself so some rich fat fuck can afford a yacht.

Flying doctor or something?

Not quite, but not that far off.

>get part time job
>meet interesting people
>have interesting experiences
>get extra income
>buy drinks with friends, computer parts, vidya
>fund my own hobbies
>be more strict and motivated with my schedule
>meet/hook up with a few qts

I regret being NEET. Not all jobs are soul crushing as people make it seem

NEET master race.
When will you take the true red pill Sup Forums? When will you realize that women are the cause of every problem in the world and are probably shapeshifting reptillians too.
The greeks and romans all knew that women couldn't be trusted, and that's why they engaged in physical pleasures with other men. Truly enlightened! That's why the jews have corrupted homosexuality so much, they don't want you to see the true light of man on man love. Why do you think the (((abrahamic))) religions all forbid homo love. they don't want you to know

Trust fund master race reporting in. I don't rely on anyone's money, and I do whatever I want, whenever I want. I have all the time in the world to fuck around and/or study a skill.

Deposit your tears here.

I will curbstomp you if I meet you in real life.

Consider maintaining a LiveJournal account.

But could you ever equal the person who made the money in the first place? Or will the sum total of your accomplishments amount to the resume of an uncommitted dilettante? I also have a considerable amount of passive income right now, but I made the system that created it.

I don't care about 'equaling' anyone else. I was given a huge advantage early on, and all the haters can get jelly. The main takeaway is that you won't make money unless your family did it, or you are incredibly talented. There is no in between.

"Despise what you cannot have," I suppose. They do say wealth only lasts 3 generations. I wonder: are you 2 or 3?

Fuck this system enabling these lazy cunts REE

3, IIRC.

I'm a NEET and have been for a year or so now. I got a couple felonies for distributing Xanax n Molly and I'm basically waiting for something to happen that I don't feel like explaining

Also, there are a few exceptions to your concluding comment. Though they tend to be either exceptionally rare or relatively mundane. I know multimillionaires from insurance payouts, lucky investments, and plain simple real estate accumulation. But the only billionaires and centimillionaires I've met were either tech entrepreneurs or financial entrepreneurs or heirs, so for truly large amounts your point still stands.

Uh, thanks?

millo peruspalkka