When did you grow out of animal collective Sup Forums?

when did you grow out of animal collective Sup Forums?

What a fucking loser

t. poseur

I never ever understood why Sup Forums likes Animal Collective. I guess I just never got them, I tried real hard, I've listened to every album multiple times but it just sounds like shitty homo music.

Same with Radiohead to a lesser extent.

I just don't understand the appeal.

the lines between reality are satire blur more every day

bad review and i don't even like animal collective

>mfw the only anco album that i can listen to is STGSTV

never i saw them on their painting with tour thuroughly enjoyed the performance :)

It's actually impressive how one can write so many words and still manage to convey absolutely no message of important value.

Holy brainlet!

i have never liked them. i remember when i was like 12 and my older cousin showed them to me for the first time. i honestly thought it was a joke. still do to an extent. they are terrible with the exception of a few flukes

I've never liked Animal Collective

I grew out of thinking Animal Collective are the greatest band ever when I went back and listened to the bands that influenced them. Still like them though

Why do you feel the need to trash AnCo when there’s shit being posted around here that’s infinitely worse and far more suited for plebs?

because for the longest time anco fans and critics spammed them as the greatest band in history

Start with STGSTV, skip the first track and listen to the rest and branch from there. Literally the first track is to keep people from listening to it.

I fucking love the opener.

So do I but it's retarded to expect newbs to listen to it and get it.

I mean, if you don’t enjoy that, you may just not enjoy the album. Plenty of other harsh and strange moments to come afterward

True but they don't last for over 5 minutes and are used in a more melodic way.

For me they just abandon everything and get straight to the core of what I like in music in a way that no other artist does. It's not complex what they do, it's actually pretty basic at times, but no other band gets right down to the root and ticks all my musical boxes the way they do. If structure works with what they're going for they'll use it, if not they'll completely abandon it. I can totally understand why some people would not be into that at all, but I just really love that band. It either resonates or it doesn't.

back in 2005 or 2006. i liked sung tongs and feels and decided i'd catch one of their performances when they came through. it was pretty bad.

You saw them at the fucking peak as a live act what the fuck

I saw them on their last tour and thought they were great.

For a time they were.

I grew into them about 4 years ago, when I heard "My Girls" off of that very album.

Since then, they have become my favorite musical artist of all time and I certainly would not call MPP the "Greatest Record Ever" and not even the band's best album. I would reserve that for Feels, STGSTV or HCTI.

As to why I like them so much, this user says it best. They are a simple band who strip away all pretension and simply use sound itself as a backdrop for music that blend a variety of genres into a complex wonder that is simply enjoyable to listen to.

They are indeed a love it or hate it kind of band.

the second the pan flute kicked in on Fall Be Kind

>If it has "history" then it's good. If it doesn't have "history, then it itsn't good

I never grew into it, it's shit. As a patrician, you develop your own taste, and you do not get influenced by whatever indie shit is popular with know nothings.