All this memerap and indie garbage on Sup Forums

>all this memerap and indie garbage on Sup Forums

let's have a dadrock appreciation thread to bring some light into this depraved soyboy shithole. post your favorite dadrock songs.

starting with some zep

youtube.com/watch?v=N_lSJ-0Gl7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu94mWlgzMY
youtube.com/watch?v=FFDYuO53BUk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcUcELlBQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking why? Can people just STOP bringing in threads like this with no other purpose than to start meaningless controversies? Why do you do shit like this? If you're so concerned about "soyboyism" and "indie garbage" permeating the board, posting archaic dad-rock wouldn't solve the problem. In fact, that isn't what the world needs. A truly great musician shouldn't be dwindled or held back catering to a certain audience. What we truly need is a savior, or a bridge. Someone that can reconcile all forms of music together without living by terms such as "Chad" or "Nu-Male." Someone that people from all sides of music can truly appreciate, regardless of their hatred and malice. Someone who just wants to want again. And we need it soon... if we deserve it.

>wants to appreciate all forms of music
>still shits on dadrock for being archaic
you're part of the problem you're referring to

Your words user... they drip with soy

There's a reason why rock music has stagnated now; besides a select few, there hasn't been a single band that could crossover to all the mirrors in the light.

people disregarding bands and albums they label dadrock they used to like because they think they've reached patrician taste is the single worst thing to happen on this board

>tired of meme rap and indie garbage
>starts a fucking dad rock thread
Can you be ANY more retarded?
What next, a mainstream pop thread?

pop music is unironically better than trap music and modern rap

That's not the point, retard.

educate me then, in as many posts as you can, what your point is

Not him, but I assume his point was that dad rock is just as, if not more trite and cliche than modern rap and indie rock; all 3 have perished in their own stereotypes and are now just mere caricatures of themselves. The OP, who clearly was dissatisfied with those genres ironically brought in another that had just as much stupidity as the two former.

>just as much stupidity
clearly you haven't listened to any good dadrock

>soyboy
T. Uneducated with fragile masculinity

For every 3-4 good dadrock bands/albums, there were at least a cornucopia of them that were either not as memorable or just plain god-awful.

woah you just explained every single genre of music wtf you're a genius

>it has to be "memorable" to be good
Sup Forums, making arbitrary judgment calls since inception.

>arbitrary judgment calls
What the hell are you even talking about? Things do require something memorable in order to be considered good; the impression the music gives you determines whether or not it's good or bad. If you felt completely indifferent towards a piece, either because of its bland style or dull, unremarkable and ultimately boring compositions, how would you even be able to distinguish whether it was good or bad? This post is an utter failure.

t. 140 lb 5'6" male barista

>thinking that crossing style will get you something good from both sides
that's how we ended with nu-metal

>all this memescreaming and hippie garbage on Sup Forums

>

youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcUcELlBQ

I can't think of better soyboy repellent than dadrock

Patrician Dad Rock album coming through.
Not one bad song in the whole bunch.

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: You literally can't!

are the doors considered dad-rock or mom-rock?

my mom was a huge fan

Dad Rock.
There was a masculine machismo that went along with Jim Morrison's image.

How many moms do you know that ate more fried chicken than any man's ever seen. (Yeah, I know that's NOT a Doors' song, but they covered it, so it's relevant)