Muh pelts

>muh pelts

What was his problem? Why did he care so much about the pelts but not about human life?

he was a trump supporter

Because he depends on those pelts to feed himself. It's literally get those pelts or starve.

Always baffles me how no one understands his character. I understand you are memeing like the millennial you are, but he had already had terrible PTSD from indian attacks. Perhaps you noticed the scarring on his head? Last thing he wants is another run-in with the natives, but he also doesn't want to admit as such and have his manliness questioned. So he does whatever he can to avoid the situation, including fucking over injured people and anyone who gets in his way.

>I understand you are memeing like the millennial you are,
you're too paranoid

He needs them for warmth. He's a big guy.

This. How can anyone not understand his pov? Why would he want to risk his life for someone he doesn't give a shit about? The pelts were his way of surviving, without them the whole trip would have been a waste of time.

just find some other pelts
better yet, skin the bear and you have the mother of all pelts

because it was a savage time

That is the thing i enjoyed most about this movie: there are no good guys or bad guys. Everyone is just a dick doing everything they can to survive in a harsh world.

yeah but he was offered two or three other men's wages to stay with Leo. I would have done it if I was poor and broke.

comfy kino

Some people care about money rather than people

Why are you acting stupid as if you didnt already fucking know this?

americans are self centered assholes

he didnt choose the pelt life

the pelt life chose him

He is the liberal embodiment of what they think a trapper was like in those days. Essentially a fantasy character that would not function and probably be in jail or dead if they actually lived in those days.

I really enjoyed The Revenant. It was a feast for the eyes.

>but not about human life
muh human life

no one understands his mumbling, so he deports his problems on the pelts

Because without the pelts, his next 6 months will be spent having to beg for food.

These people are dirt poor and live from hand to mouth.

The cinematography was good, but a lot of it didn't flow with the movie. It seems they just took a bunch of really nice shots and put them into the movie instead of incorporating them into scenes. I much prefer the cinematography of Birdman. The opening sequence and chase scenes were done best in Revenant.

The technicality was incredible, the substance was lacking though. I would have rather seen them staying true to Glass' original story, without a son and without the killing of Fitzgerald. Imagine the look on the guys face after all that effort to go back and kill the man and then being unable to do so because the law doesn't allow it. It also went a little overboard with Tarkovsky references.
Still, simply for how flawless the cinematography and the direction were, it gets a pass.

>three shares of zero pelts

Yeah great deal

>you're too paranoid
No, I am correct.

we live in a world where the most adversity most people (who would be commenting on hollywood movies) face are being called names. they cant understand not living past 40, death from scraping a rusty nail, and having to literally fight to stay alive.

It looks nice, but is hamfisted as fuck.

Everything is LOOK AT THIS NOW ITS IMPORTANT.

That's more direction than cinematography, but hot damn did it take me out of the movie.

The part where the camera inexplicably moves away from the action and fills the frame with the flask that he lost, just to let us know ITS FUCKING IMPORTANT REMEMBER THIS.

Innaritu is a fucking hack, the literal definition of pretentiousness. He makes films that are trying to affect greater importance than they actually possess.

pelts are dank

Points well made but calling him a hack is a bit far. Adam Sandler is a hack. Brett Ratner is a hack. Innaritu is just trying to keep his movie watchable to the mouthbreathers.

The Indians are the good guys you idiot

He might be somewhat pretentious, but being one of the best working directors in American/Mexican cinema, I think he gets away with it.

I call him one because he has a particular talent for making good looking but ultimately hollow films.

I can't feel his passion. I can't feel him trying to talk about anything.

As much as I don't care for somebody like Tarantino and his work, you have to admit he has passion and fire and things to talk about.

The scene you are referencing has already had its build up of action, reached its peak and was boiling down when they show you the flask.

I think it was a nice way to finish the scene, it lets the audience know, this is important, but also that the rest of the fight doesn't matter, because glass and the tree nigger are just running away at this point.

Sure some people will see it for lazy, but the flask WAS important because its created the last confrontation of the main characters.

Cuaron is a far more complex and interesting filmmaker and bar some of his more recent films, he was batting 1000. Y Tu Mamá También is a fucking masterpiece and Innaritu hasn't produced anything even close to quality of that film.

somethings don't need to be said user. You know that saying, a picture is a thousand words?

Because those pelts were worth a shitload of money

Cash money

Haven't seen Y Tu Mama Tambien, but Innaritu's Amores Torres was absolutely god tier. I would say they're both pretty solid (though Cuaron needs to get his shit back together and never make a movie like Gravity again).

That's all labels. You just label everything. That's so fuckin' lazy... You just... You're a lazy fucker. You know what this is? You even know what that is? You don't, You know why? Because you can't see this thing if you don't have to label it. You mistake all those little noises in your head for true knowledge.here's nothing in here about structure! There's nothing in here about intentions! It's just a bunch of crappy opinions, backed up by even crappier comparisons... You write a couple of paragraphs and you know what? None of this cost you fuckin' anything! The Fuck! You risk nothing! Nothing! Nothing! Nothing!

each stack of pelts was worth like $300,000 in current year money

>tarantino has passion
Jesus christ man, I can concede on Inarritu being a bit cold on his approach to his latest movies, but if you think Tarantino has more passion that this guy, then you simply do not understand cinema.

He literally explains his motivations in plain English half-way through the film.

TREE NIGGERS