Why do you guys hate ghost so much? is it because its not trve metal or because of the gimmicks...

why do you guys hate ghost so much? is it because its not trve metal or because of the gimmicks? because other than that they dont sound that bad and can get pretty catchy

Scooby-Doo

they are not even metal, it's just bland hard rock with whiny pop rock vocals
>can get pretty catchy
and so can jingles
why do people think that being catchy is necessarily a good thing?

and how does that matter. things that arent metal can be good too, Brian

1. overly big accent on image
2. getting labeled as 'metal' when it's just 2010s psychedelic pop rock for teens with some nods to Black Sabbath here and there
I don't hate Ghost, their first album has good melodies, but they're as poppy as some MGMT

it gay

I dislike any artist that is anti Christian or devilish

Scooby doo chase music bullshit. Fuck this fake ass band.

They sound poppy and insincere. Which they are. I like occult rock and psych as much as the next guy but Ghost just doesn't cut it for me.

i get that it sounds comercial, but other than he is, do they have any other poppy songs?

I love Ghost desu

>why do people think that being catchy is necessarily a good thing?
elaborate

Dave Grohl is in the band

he was there only for a few gigs

How convenient. So Dave Grohl is directly connected with the band, and they also get a ton of press and are acclaimed. Totally unrelated to Grohl being an industry vet and having any in on the industry he could possibly have. No way. Let's also ignore that this band came out of nowhere and are propped up by a gimmick and not music at all. This band fucking sucks, Dave Grohl or not.

you really are butthurt over ghost being popular huh

red flag

>Butthurt
nice argument

This

bro you literally are butthurt look at your previous reply, and dont tell me that "david grohl was in it and it also made them famous oh and they fucking suck" is some sort of argument for it suckin'. also ignoring that dave grohl played with them when they ALREADY were famous. by the end of the infestissumam period they had quite a fanbase and grohl played with them during 2015-2016, two years later. theres your argument, you trvemetalfag

He also was in QOTSA and played on (arguably) their two best albums, LC & SFTD, which are both universally loved on mu.

So I mean

>literally
They do suck. The argument for them sucking has already been said countless times. I'm more attacking their obvious bullshit come up and propping up from the music media/industry. Generic nostalgiacore hard rock with le spooky image. Trash.

Dave Grohl is like 3/6 with the projects he's worked on.
>Universally loved
That is entirely irrelevant to me.

I bet u wouldnt say tht 2 ther faces

the only word that actually has some sort of value in your description of ghost is that its generic

>3/6
So right there your argument is invalid because you implied he's 0/6 with your initial comment

I like Ghost don't get me wrong but of their 3 albums they have 2 pretty good ones
Opus is basically a throwback, a very solid one but overall derivative or nothing really new even for the the 2010s. SICK RIFFS though and theyre spot on with the kitsch keyboards
Infestissium has a lot of great songs for live shows but overall a step down, with a lot of songs embodying what "hardcore real metal fans" would view them as
Meliora is a very strong album and it a lot of ways their best because its less "remember Black Sabbath?" and really embraces the Pop Metal, really catchy riffs and hooks, a lot of anthemy shit. But its only like 2 steps away from pop rock like American Idiot, if you don't believe me listen to just how Popestar sounds

Overall their scooby metal lead by a somewhat egotistical fag but they make some fun and even well composed pop tunes with some heavy riffs and a gimmic

sorry for the rant I'm on speed and listened to their new live album earlier

50 percent is a failing grade. Are you really that invested in defending this terrible band?
>nostalgiacore
It thrives on nostalgia for the past. See every fucking rock band out right now if you fail to understand what I'm talking about, even though you know what I'm talking about. The spooky image is that, a spooky image, a gimmick. If you're going to be delusional don't try and argue, you get torn apart every single time.
Hard rock is a genre, that is a descriptor of Ghost's music. Just stop with your non-arguments. They don't work.

"you get torn apart every single time" holy shit

case in point
not an argument

I don’t think I’ve ever heard lamer vocals in a metal band

so you want me to argue or not. im not really trying to but you seem to be putting a lot of effort into it so might as well give you a reason for you to keep checking this thread

Man, Ghost is great. People need to stop taking them so seriously.

Not a big fan of Popestar though. Meliora was great but I'd like the next album to be a bit less poppy.

apparently next album is going to be darker and in a different direction. kinda hyped about it but also nervous about it possibly deceiving me
popestar isnt very good but fuck, square hammers good dud

I like ghost, but ever since I found out Papa Emeritus has been ripping off the other members and basically never paid them, I can't see myself supporting Ghost anymore.

i cant defend him, but to be fair the band sort of IS him,... he gave them shit salaries tho

good scooby doo chase music