Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/Synt/
youtu.be/bOtMizMQ6oM
letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm the real Aeltbx

letterboxd.com/machill54/

tfw at this current rate I may never watch another film again!!

there's really nothing on at the cinema at the moment I thought this would be prime time for good things, where's the oscar bait, why is there only storks and doctor strange and a cat called bob playing

I've been watching a lot of trash lately. And not the *good* kinda trash, the enjoyable trash. But just straight up trash they show on late night TV.

It's not good, guys. Not good at all.

hey boys

>check the related lists of a movie
>MY BEST OF XXXX
>AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX (2015)
>RANDOM MOVIE ROULETTE
>MOVIES I OWN
>LIST OF MOVIES (4000+)
>HOOPTOBER

Sifting through the shit to find an actual good list is more work than it needs to be

4.5, 5, 4.5, 2.5

If u in the states City of pirates is showing in 35mm in NY
Next to other Ruiz films

The Gremlins are back in the system, lads.

damn, used to live in the city but i'm too far away now.

>actually wanting to participate in the "community"
You're literally retarded and deserve it.

are you a time traveller from a month ago? those are all three or four week old releases.

Go watch Paterson. It's perfect.

Allied is also interesting if you're into old timey war films that are far past their expiry date. It's so boring that you can't help but deconstruct the thought process behind each image/action/transition. Then it becomes amazing.

Paterson isn't nearby, at any of the 5-6 nearest cinemas, would love to watch that or something like it. The only showings today are:

A streetcat named bob- mm no thanks
A United Kingdom- might go to this, still looks p dumb
Allied- looks boring
Almost Christmas- it is November
Arrival- seen it, but it actually sucked despite looking like it would be good
Bad Santa 2- it is November, also looks bad
Doctor Strange- nah
Fantastic Beasts- nah
Jack Reacher- how is this still playing, how is this a sequel that got made
Mum's list- mm no thanks
Storks- no
The accountant- might be ok but reviews suggest it isn't
The edge of seventeen- maybe quite good if you are a teen girl, I'm not
The girl on the train- same as the accountant
Trolls- fuck off

what an absolute garbage line up that is

>Jim Jarmusch
kek

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Accidentally watched a whole bunch of "disaffected youths" movies recently. However it's cool to see how they all handle it pretty differently.

What's the general consensus on Jarmusch? I can't see any discernible trend or memorable trait that runs through his films, but I haven't looked amazingly close at him.

So people who really really rate him, how come?

He's a vulgar flick peddler and thinks himself superior than everyone for being into "art"

I could see what you mean when it comes to stuff like Ghost Dog, but Night on Earth was pretty great imo. He just seems inconsistent as hell, but then again, it's not like a director HAS to be consistent.

I only like the sections on Night On Earth and Mystery Train with the quirky girl. They don't hold much weight after that, in my opinion. Tried rewatching Stranger than Paradise had to shut it off even though I liked it many years ago. Felt the same way about that vampire one even though it was in my top 10 of that year and I had a craving to watch it for months. Dead Man was a plain let down.

I'm not too familiar with him but Jarmusch himself reminds me more of a musician than a filmmaker, he seems very concerned with cultivating a certain persona. The only film of his I can say that truly held my attention after switching it off was Dead Man

what are you, some kind of fuck?

t. Werner Herzog

So /lbg/ what was the best film you saw for the first time this year? It doesn't necessarily have to be a 2016 release, but those are also welcome.

youtu.be/bOtMizMQ6oM

either Valerie and Her Week of Wonders or High and Low

I think the only 2016 film I've seen so far is Zootopia desu. I liked it.

Face of Another is fucking great. Have you seen Woman in the Dunes?

Paris, Texas

That's cool, though remind me of the quirky girl in Mystery Train? The Japanese chick?

Dead Man is the only one I'm quite keen on because it's a western. And I've heard decent things about Only Lovers Left Alive.

I got the vibe of him being a persona as well, which is why I'm surprised his films don't reflect a certain recurring aesthetic or otherwise.

In fact, reminds me of Wim Wenders in that regard and who would have guessed it, he was Wenders' PA for some time.

either pastoral: to die in the country or heroic purgatory

Alright Sup Forums

I wanna start letterboxing but I feel overwhelmed. Do I go ahead and put up all my favorite films? Or do I re-rate them as I go along? I feel as if rating everything that I have a fond memory of is cheating. Perhaps I'll just have to rewatch my favorites, which wouldn't be so bad.

This is fucking amazing. Highly recommended.

I haven't seen many 2016 releases at all, sadly. I'll have to have a mini-marathon before the end of the year to catch up.

For me it was Come and See or Cat in the Brain

Put your top 4 faves in the favourites.

Click the "seen" icon on all films you've literally seen, warning that can take some time.

Any film you watch subsequently log in your diary, click on "show date watched on" or whatever it is and then rate, review and like accordingly.

You can either choose to do Step 2 or not but it makes your profile look nicer. People laugh at you here for having a low number. I'd advise against rating from memory because that may not be a fair judgement. Good luck.

This looks neat

Any good new torrents out lately?

Jesus. All the films I've ever seen will certainly take some time. However, I've got some free time today. Maybe I'll settle down with a movie and do it.

Thanks for the tips.

I recommend all my uploads on Karagarga

gib bonus plz

Why do people like "Arrival" so much? It's just another silly and over-glorified "love-beats-everything" sci-fi movie.
Why did they land in those specific places in the end? Why did they help humanity? Why was the bird there? How did they learn the far-fetched circle language so quickly? And how the everliving FUCK did some random words from a dead wife manage to manipulate the leader of billions?

I want to be properly introduced to Akerman works. I've already watched Jeanne Dielman and From the Other Side. Currently watching South, and will watch No Home Movie. What other films by her should I check out, m8s

Yeah it's a huge ballache to start from scratch, I can't sugar coat it. Like I said, you can just log as you watch, but there's this stigma against people who have, like, 10 "seen" films or whatever. Eventually it gets kinda fun and doesn't take a TREMENDOUS amount of time.

I didn't even like the film but some of the questions you're asking are abundantly clear in the film, which makes me think I'm falling for some shitty bait.

However the non-spoiler one I can answer is the purpose of the bird. It's used to detect whether the atmosphere is still hospitable, if the bird dies then that might indicate that they're being gassed or something. They used to use them down mine shafts.

News from home

>laugh at you here for having a low number.
autism, pure and simple

what's a "high number" anyway? I'm at ~1600 (including shorts) btw

Ah, thank you for clearing the bird one up.
However, the reason for aliens to help humanity was a vague "we will need your help in 3000 years". The reason for the locations was never really revealed, other than the least likely place for lightning strikes. And it still was a bit silly for a military leader to break, because some western woman recalled the last words of her dead wife.

2400 should be average

We dunno what the help will need to be in 3000 years but that's all the plot's giving us. Whilst it's not exactly verbose, it's enough of a reason. The locations are spread evenly across the world in order to create a unification amongst humanity that will then in turn allow us to grow and develop to the point where we can then help in 3000 years. The military leader breaks because the doctor tells him that time dilation/perception is completely possible. How does she prove it? By demonstrating to him that it's real by revealing to him information she could only know through such a thing existing.

I can't remember what the latest figure was in the retarded rule but 1600 isn't terrible, not in my books anyway.

>They've already removed all showings of Paterson at my local movie theatre

Paterson was the worst movie I've ever seen.
Good.

come to London m8

lmao come back when your at least 4k deep in kino fammmm

and don't bother if you aren't discerning enough to like less than 1000 or so

Very gay thread, full of the usual embryos and some new ones. Sad!

what should be my username?

EternalEmbryo

THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING GENERAL I'VE EVER BEEN TO. SERIOUSLY, WHAT WAS OP THINKING WHEN HE SHAT OUT THIS PUTRID DUMP? I MEAN, REALLY: A TRANNIEBOXD GENERAL? WHAT KIND OF DRUG FUELED PSYCHO CAME UP WITH SUCH A SHITTY, ASININE IDEA? THERE ISN'T A SINGLE HALFWAY-INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE ON THIS SHITHOLE, THERE'S NOT A SINGLE FUNNY FUCKING LINE IN ANY OF THESE MISERABLE EXCUSES FOR THREADS, AND THERE'S NOT EVEN ONE DECENT MEME THAT'S COME OUT OF THIS PLACE IN ALL ITS MISERABLE LIFESPAN.

POSTING ON THIS GENERAL IS LIKE PISSING INTO A SEA OF PUTRID SEWER WATERS. READING ANY OF THE POSTS IS LIKE HAVING A DRUNKEN MONKEY PERFORM A LOBOTOMY ON YOU USING WOODEN STICKS WHILE RIDING A ROLLERCOASTER DURING AN EARTHQUAKE. IT TURNS YOUR BRAIN INTO A FUCKING SHITSHAKE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.

I'D RATHER GARGLE A CAMEL'S PISS WHILE AN ELEPHANT SHITS DIARRHEA ALL OVER MY FACE THAN BROWSE THIS GENERAL FOR EVEN A SECOND LONGER. I'D RATHER EAT THE ROTTING CORPSE OF A SKUNK, VOMIT IT UP AND EAT IT AGAIN. I'D RATHER SHOVE BROKEN GLASS UP MY ASSHOLE, SHIT IT OUT AND RUB THE BLOODY GLASS-FILLED FECES ALL OVER MY BODY. I'D RATHER GET MAULED BY A RABID GRIZZLY BEAR AND THEN RUB HOT SAUCE IN EVERY OPEN WOUND. I'D RATHER FUCK A GARBAGE BIN FILLED WITH USED HYPODERMIC NEEDLES AND RAT POISON WHILE BEING RAPED UP THE ASS WITH A CACTUS. I'D RATHER SUCK A TYRANNOSAURUS'S ANAL JUICES OUT HIS ASS AND WASH IT DOWN WITH TOXIC WASTE.

Sup Forumseddit might be more your speed

I will be watching the election results from Trump Tower in Manhattan with my family and friends. Very exciting!

That's an excellent choice and also would be very true

Why are there some comedies in the french film noir list ?

At least it actually played in your local

>he says here

the /lbgee/ is on suicide watch

not because anything happened just a lot of lbgers are autistic shut in losers who often neck themselves

is "cunt" a good username?

t. classic embryo complaining about high numbers

I resurrect after killing myself too

Ask your mom

Kill yourself

Suddenly the thread got good :)

Me and my lads are the life of this, clearly

I'm in London

t. dropout and his merry band of autistic embryos

Bob the Flamer is a bretty funny title tho

t. some fag embryo caring about another literally who memer

Dropout_cuck

PUNQ already watched and reviewed 10 feature films today. How about you, little embryo?

Reminder to not believe PUNQ's lies

there's such thing as too far

then fuck your local cinema. takes literally no effort to take the tube to BFI.

>tfw literally can't pick an username and only PRO members are able to change it at will

Is a paid membership worth it?

Why does it matter? You are a little shit anyway

Spoken like a true embryo.

Just pick EternalEmbryo you mothernigger. Calling self-proclaimed embryos "embryos" isn't fun. Fuck

captcha: Paterson

What are you looking at, fuckface?

>giving money to SJW sheepfuckers
No it's not

kek, enjoy being a fat autist whose sole activity is watching films.

That seems enjoyable actually, minus the fat part

PUNQ watches literally 10 movies/day and has a wife, a son and several vip accounts on private trackers, all while receiving that sweet NEETbux from cucks like you.

either Only Angels Have Wings, The Big City, or Tokyo Twilight. All three became instant favorites and I think I've watched OAHW 5 or 6 times this year, one of the most purely fun and rewatchable films I've ever stumbled across. I still need to rewatch Tokyo Twilight and assess whether or not its my favorite Ozu film but it's an outlier in his filmography for sure and truly a special piece of filmmaking.

>Paying to use a website
>Ever

Enjoy never being good at anything and bullied for the rest of your pathetic life

What are people who watch movies all day good at? Complaining? Self-denial? Escapism?

Why are you so obsessed with where acid puts his dick? It's frankly pathetic. Even more pathetic is that you have an Amaranth folder, Mr. Amaranth17.jpg

>no recommendations feature

aaaaand dropped. what a gay, retarded website

Guess again friend

I have a Sup Forums pass

Daily reminder that the super pleb cut-off is 33% and you should feel ashamed.

letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/

You've made a terrible mistake.

Because I'm the resident normie 9f /lbg/ and naturally gravitate towards the hot gossip

>theyshootpictures
enjoy your crossover of IMDb-core, Criterion droning, fedora """classics""" and very very few actual gems

>Watching Classical Movies
lmao
only old shit u need to watch is avantgarde stuff.
classical cinema sucks and postmodernism has saved cinema.

enjoy your shitty hollywood movies and Hitchcok