Remember when Weezer memed super hard?

youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E

How embarrassing, it's impressive to sink to this level of selling out and pandering.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwdWgAMYcqk
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU
youtube.com/watch?v=waixG1Dhr3w
youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iGk5fR-t5AU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey at least they didn't go ALL the way
youtube.com/watch?v=EwdWgAMYcqk

dont you remember
DAMN DANIEL

holy shit

This was the pre-meme era when we called them "viral videos." Honestly, they were pretty ahead of the curve in regards to jumping on the meme trends.

>tfw can't help but feel nostalgia for a time when memes where honest and heartful

Don't worry m8, the next natural progression in memes is meme revivalism, you can quote me on this

this is honestly pretty charming

I used to love this music video in middle school

I miss when Youtube was organic and homegrown. It's so fucking corporate these days. So manufactured. Any company can buy a "viral video".

I'm afraid to click

Expectation: cringe
Reality: feels

Yeah, this is like for meme songs what Blondie's Rapture was for rap music. From then on it just gets edgier and edgier.

it's an entertaining video, shut up and stop being a moron

Yeah basically It was still a novelty that hadn’t been run into the ground and over-fixated or ironized yet, and it was pretty ahead of the curve
Honestly same here
I totally swerved over it in the most autistic way though. I learned all the memes one by one because I actually cared for some reason and then years later I matured and grew up and then when internet shit went mainstream I got jaded and cynical as fuck

Like others have said, this isn't like out-of-touch businessmen shouting "children love memes!" in a boardroom. It was timely and authentic, which is why it's nostalgic and charming now instead of embarrassing.

this

>Nominated for Nickelodeon Brazil Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Youtube Channel

Pretty much what everyone has said already. If anything this video acts like a time capsule of 2005-2008 era youtube and viral videos. When viral videos were sincere instead of corporate and fake. Memes were more accidental and honest. Now everyone is just trying to be more ironic than the last guy. It was a simpler time back then and I honestly miss it.

I felt that shit when I was watching the Mans Not Hot video. I said, "remember when all 'meme' songs were as nice as this?"
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU

Fuck, now I'm gonna listen to some Weezer and cry a bit, thinking of good old times.
> inb4 soyboy
How come the world has become so ugly and mean? It's always been, though.

Why the fuck do HUEs ruin everything?

this was actually cool when it came out. memes are nothing like they were then than they are now

UMA

essential memecore

The South Park Canada on strike episode has the same effect for me.

you are like a little baby

youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ

fuck i remember watching that shit in my 9gag days

>2009
>middle school

There's nothing left to be happy about, everything that was has been exploited to fuck.
The only emotion we're left with is hate.

10 years ago it would pass for funny on Sup Forums

are you 30? what are you still doing on Sup Forums?

THe first one is worse because it’s Brazilian

>this video is 6 years old
Holy shit I remember making fun of this shit on Sup Forums when brand new.

>cringing at rage comics instead of post-ironically liking them

plebs

daily reminder that children watch this

Memes don't age well user, they're tied to pop culture.
The oldest currently "alive" memes are two years old.

The exceptions to this are Pepe and Wojack, but they've been bastardized and mutated to no end.

No it wouldn't have. You weren't here at that time if you honestly think that.

There was a point when I never thought memes would escape beig esoteric internet jokes. Then one day I heard a normie say the word meme in person and it kind of took me out of the immersion of real life for a second. Then I heard a news anchor say it and at that point everyone knew what a meme was. Now the definition has changed so much, I just want my old memes back.

>not realizing things like "kek" are actually 10+ year old memes
>not recognizing memes because they've become so integrated into your life for so long they're no longer even memes

oh I was, since 2006

I don't remember even using the word "meme" all that much. It was all "lulz". If I saw you use that word, you were cancer. Especially if you were using it to describe a GIF or a motivational poster. Only the most ignorant newfag would call like, Dramatic Hamster a "meme".

Yeah I think I came here somewhere around the transition of lulz to memes. About 10 years ago.

Actually that was a word to make fun of, it meant you were taking the Internet too seriously. My friends and I never said that word seriously, it was always "maymay" or "meemee". That was a word you would never use for real.

this

>tfw no more ironic maymay posting

it's funny, i started posting on Sup Forums at 15 in 2007 because i was so goddamned lonely. i took a break in 2010 because i went to uni, then in 2011 i was failing everything in a university where i hated everyone and i came back because i was so lonely.

here i am in 2017, 10 years spent posting on fucking Sup Forums, drunk by myself, listening to pork and beans on repeat because i'm lonely again. /blog

at least we have good music taste right
right

i was in 8th grade in 2008-2009

just don't do what I did lol
I've become so soaked in irony that people don't think anything I say is sincere

they did the whole meme routine before it caught on, internet viral videos in the late 2000's were sort of their own culture that stayed within its realm unlike today when companies try to pander to 'teh millennials'. for how mainstream weezer became during the 2000's, they actually reached back to that same sort of nerdiness that sort of wafted through their early stuff with pork 'n' beans. kind of an underrated weezer track in my opinion, but it does kind of pale in comparison to their first two albums.

we should go back to calling them that

sure, i can talk about music til the cows come home.

i wish i were someone else

I miss it. I remember how every other youtube video had the let the bodies hit the floor song or that one weird techno song. dramatic chipmonk, crazy hamster dance, diet coke and mentos, chupacabra song, early smosh, Owls song, bed intruder- those were the days. so wholesome. it just feels all the same today.

the early days of youtube were the pure days of uncircumcised strangeness, and it was a special time and place that I experienced.

I miss when Sup Forums was organic and homegrown. It's so fucking corporate these days. So manufactured. Any company can buy an "epic thread."

Still Better than this

It's... odd. It doesn't feel entirely manufactured, the way they incorporate most of them actually fits into the music video rather than being in it for company purposes. Sure, it's a video clip, but it feels like they actively went after the people who made it and asked if they wanted to participate in a music video and how they'd incorporate the stuff they're famous for into the video rather than it coming out of someone else's head.

>How embarrassing, it's impressive to sink to this level of selling out and pandering
hold my bear
youtube.com/watch?v=iGk5fR-t5AU

That was good times.

I miss when content was made out of love, like Homestar Runner

this is actually a great video

I've been there for several years already, but I'm learning to go back to sincerity slowly. It's weird though.

this but unironically

Daily reminder that with deluxe songs included, the Red Album becomes a TOP 5 Weezer album

uh
no

:(