Will there ever be another album on the same level as NOTM again?

Will there ever be another album on the same level as NOTM again?

boys on the moon

the next Death Grips album, called Flesh Whip coming out next week

Screencap this

Not in this century.

BUT WHAT ARE MY PEOPLE FOR
YOUR WIFE HAS THE LOVELY NECK
BUT WHAT WOULD MY PEOPLE SUCK
IF THEY WOULD I COULD I GUESS

I GUESS HER NECK'S THE BEST
HER NECK IS JUST THE BEST

Is this the album of the millennium so far?

i don't know but notm aged so well.

buddies on the moon

No.
Every DG release after NOTM has been a major disappointment.

I meant from any artist in the world, not just DG. Can anybody reach the same level that they reached on NOTM?

Niggers On The Moon was not that good.

>the greatest album of the last 21 years was "not that good"
Don't ever post here again.

for real tho it is certainly a great album but it is not "the greatest album of the last 21 years"

It is THE defining album of the 21st century so far.

That's MBDTF, the defining album has to represent the entire century, it isn't just the best

How so? What did it define exactly? How influential could it possibly be that it "defined the 21st century"?

I guess it's a matter of taste but I appreciated the Jenny Death songs on TPTB slightly better tbqh famalam

It's a 4/10

I strongly diasagree with you, rotten fishbreath

gonna disagree with both of you and say it's at most a 7/10

What are some albums that you consider 9s or 10s

Well we're talking about DG, so I would have to say that The Money Store, and Exmilitary were 10s and 9s, respectively.

Nope. They've peaked.

Those are pretty good but do you honestly think they are better than NOTM? Come on now.
I meant any artist not just DG

>>That's MBDTF
>being this much of a r/music tier normalshit
Leave.

Hell yeah dude. Shit was fucking fire. Kanye, Kendrick, Chance, the list goes on.

NOTM is boring as fuck. Doesn't go as hard as their best tracks on ExM, Jenny Death, and Steroids. Also has the same problem of their worst stuff of each track being structurally repetitive to the extent of lacking any real engagement with the listener. Thus the overwhelming majority of the tracks can really be cut in half. Also some of the shitty tracks also have the other problem of their worst stuff where there's just not a lot happening at any given moment.

>Doesn't go as hard as their best tracks

that's not the fucking point of the album you turbo-pleb: NOTM is pure 21st century schizophrenia on audio, it's the closest thing to avant-garde that normies can still somewhat listen to. It has the perfect balance of creative and predictable, if you're a DG fan you both know what you're getting into and constantly suprised.

Who the fuck cares all this shit is meaningless.

Interesting. To be honest I only like NOTM and Exmilitary since they're not as noisy as Death Grips's other albums, hate it when it's just an almost noise wall with MC Ride shouting in the background. Jenny Death had some interesting concepts with Inanimate Sensation and Pss Pss but beyond that there's not that much I like about it.

Can't argue with those trips

when it first came out I tried doing some generative stuff using my own vocals to kinda replicate what's going on on tracks like fuck me out and big dipper
but then I learned that everything is played on an electronic drum kit and gave up

in all seriousness, death grips' music is so ahead of its time. people are going to be bumping these albums in their tesla hover cars in 100 years.

>but then I learned that everything is played on an electronic drum kit and gave up

wait, even the vocals?

the bjork samples are all triggered from electronic drums

oh, I thought you meant ride's. maybe they should do that for their next album. and yeah, the bjork samples are what make the album.

oh yeah sorry, the bjork vocal samples are triggered

"All instrumentation"

Jenny Death was better

yo thanks for reccing this shit dude

I'm pretty sure they do the same stuff with Stefans vocals. takyon, for example.

OH SHIT

I'M FEELING IT

Billy Not Really:

>All my palm lines running, stretching
>Cross my palm like blind cross etching
He is likening the lines on his palms to an etching. In traditional pure etching, a metal (usually copper, zinc or steel) plate is covered with a waxy ground which is resistant to acid. The artist then scratches off the ground with a pointed etching needlewhere he or she wants a line to appear in the finished piece, so exposing the bare metal. (do a google image search for 'etchings')
>Palm mummified, chimera filming
>Bronze my palm now, all brown palmed now
Here he likens his bronze palm to that of a statue of Chimera. The bronze Chimera of Arezzo (400 BC) is one of the best known examples of the art from the Etruscan era. (In Greek mythology the monstrous Chimera ravaged its homeland, Lycia, until it was slain by Bellerophon.)
>Visit some medium
>Won't come near me
>Treats me like a meteor
>She scares me
He goes to a medium (whose profession it is to examine people's palms to ascertain things about them) to get his palm read but she wont get near him. Presumably because she's afraid of what she sees.

That's about as certain as I can be with regards to the first verse. I think Stefan is claiming he is as immortal as an painting that's been etched onto a metallic surface or a bronze statue of a greek mythological figure from the Etruscan era. What do you guys think?

steroids was fantastic

>21st century schizophrenia
Fucking bullshit, NOTM's way too structured like traditional hip hop to even come close to a representation of being schizophrenic. Not to mention it's to repetitive to even be good at that, too. The only aspect of creativity the album has is in the process, that's it. It's as simple and lazy a surface level creativity as it gets. Just having what would for w/e period of time be considered original timbre isn't enough to make somebody a good musician or be a good musical work.
I agree to an extent, but if only because to me the main benefit of the things Death Grips tries is to create a more visceral sound, and every time they go away from that to try to be some kinda faux experimental thing they just fall flat.