Are people unironically upset over this? He was asked a question and he gave an honest answer. 700 is generous, btw...

Are people unironically upset over this? He was asked a question and he gave an honest answer. 700 is generous, btw. High-ranked male college players would have absolutely no trouble with her

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters
washingtonpost.com/sports/tennis/mcenroe-vs-serena-44-years-after-battle-of-the-sexes-the-same-dumb-debate/2017/06/26/d8dcd164-5a85-11e7-9fc6-c7ef4bc58d13_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_jenkins-330pm:homepage/story
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)
totalsportek.com/tennis/atp-career-prize-money-leaders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are people unironically upset over this?
Yes, you seem pretty butthurt.

Sure. I'm irritated that talking heads who have never played tennis in their life are making one of the greatest players of all time seem like a villain for answering a question.

SEXISM!
>SEXISM!
SEXISM!
>SEXISM!
SEXISM!
>SEXISM!
SEXISM!
>SEXISM!
SEXISM!
>SEXISM!
SEXISM!
>SEXISM!

Women are just as capable of doing what men are, so she should keep up with #1 or otherwise it's just a sign for how society keeps women down.

>tennis
>sport

Tbh I think 700's a little unfair. She still wouldn't make top 200 even in her prime.

Yeah unfair to men's tennis. She wouldn't break top 1000.

Funny thing is that it's never the women who seem to complain about these statements and always the media.

Most of them have male coaches and know they can't do shit against em.

McEnroe proved he's stupid enough to answer such bait question

I'd put tennis in personnally. So much CEOs and doctors playing it

I'd put France in Middle East personally. So much muslims and sandniggers living in it.

UMA

He's promoting his book, and to do that he had to step into SJW land. Stupid would have been letting the NPR tumblrina cajole him into agreeing that Serena is the best tennis player ever, including white cis scum males.

>Serena is the best tennis player ever,
But she is

She's been more dominant than any other player, male or female

Except any man could beat her in poloscreaming

So she's the best female tennis player ever. I'm not disagreeing with that. Best tennis player ever? Don't be stupid.

DELICIA

not an argument

it's like saying floyd wasn't the best active boxer 2 years ago just because klitschko or fury would defeat him

"would" is not an argument

I mean, if you were to win the war, the Malvinas "would" be argentinas.

She got destroyed by a heavy smoker and alcoholic world #203 that was going easy on her.

In a competitive match she'd be lucky to beat a top 1000 player

you're saying the best female boxer ever is the best boxer ever because if she has more trophies though, right?

Dumbshit.

yes, but it never happened

Are they unironically upset about this? Tennis is also all about skill and physical. Even at her top, she wouldn't stand a chance

Actually, the Williams brothers actually played against a nobody and got BTFO.

Serena hasn't had to play against any competition even remotely comparable to men's tennis. Any of the Top 8 in men's tennis are good enough to push each other to the limit, making each of their respective wins more impressive. Serena has had no rival at all; the closest is Sharapova, who hasn't beaten Serena since 2004.

You can argue this because Serena is that much better, but that would be disingenuous because anyone who watches women's tennis knows that the average standard is much lower. The fact that Roland Garros was just won by the #43 in women's tennis proves this point.

moving the goals again

you are saying serena is worse just because of external causes such as her opponents

don't let your misogyny blind your judgment, she's objectively the GOAT

nice bait

Or she's just that much better than her rivals?

The same claim was levelled at Federer during his GOAT years when he was duking it out with Hewitt and Roddick as main competition.

GOAT in english means greatest of all time, it doesn't mean winningest of all time. You're making a very stupid mistake.

>Trying this hard

>Another event dubbed a "Battle of the Sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[34] between Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".[35][36] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[37] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two beers. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[38] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun".[39] Braasch said the big difference was that men can chase down shots much easier, and that men put spin on the ball that the women can't handle. The Williams sisters adjusted their claim to beating men outside the top 350.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters

Yes but Federer has clearly demonstrated in the following years, even in his older years, that he could beat some excellent players, such as Nadal, Djokovic and Murray. You only need to watch the sport to see the level these guys play at, which is the point I just made about Serena: if you have eyeballs, you can see that there aren't any women who can replicate success in the sport beyond her.

Serena Williams was 16 years old in 1998

What are you trying to "prove"?

Spaniards in Twitter are saying she could beat Federer

Williams versus Djokovic now, i want to laugh

I doubt she'd have much of a chance against even while his knee was injured.

>In December 2003, Yannick Noah and Justine Henin played a friendly match at the Forest National in Brussels. Noah donned a dress for much of the match. He played predominantly trick shots and slices, but still ended up winning 4–6, 6–4, 7–6.

>she

>gets paid the same as men
>clearly far inferior to men
>draw half the viewers as men
>play 60% as much
>someone makes an off the wall comment
>sexism is still rampant to these people

kek

>clearly far inferior
that's just like your opinion

that might actually be close since he fell for that guru

It's a biological reality.
Any physical sport you can imagine, men play on a higher level.
Testosterone is a hell of a hormone.

Funnily enough, even in non physical sports, like chess, men command all dominant titles. This is likely due to biological aptitude rather than societal factors.
There's actually women's only chess, despite normal chess not being segregated.

You act like it should be dismissed that she was 16. She managed to win the US Open the next year at 17.

>washingtonpost.com/sports/tennis/mcenroe-vs-serena-44-years-after-battle-of-the-sexes-the-same-dumb-debate/2017/06/26/d8dcd164-5a85-11e7-9fc6-c7ef4bc58d13_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_jenkins-330pm:homepage/story

WaPo is triggered.

She wouldn't get close to 700. She would injure herself after a couple of tourneys and drop out.

Fed was 19 when he beated Sampras, the best female lost to the 203rd when she was 16, the levels are clearly different

No, that's a standard question at NPR

I'm 185-0 against my retarded one-armed cousin. Guess I'm the GOAT now since we aren't taking quality of competition into consideration

It honestly boggles my mind that a huge ripped physical specimen like Serena Williams wouldn't be able to beat lanklets like Murray

umm, where is /ten/ ?

I'm not really into tennis but is the disparity really that great?

>is the disparity of men against women in sports (tennis is not a sport though) this great?
Yes, yes it is.

Very much so

Especially in terms of consistency.

Yes, what sport doesn't have the same disparity?

Wrong. Margaret Court still has more slams

Antifa argie BTFO

Battle of the Sexes. Bobby Riggs defeated Margaret Court in 1972 in two sets.

Four months later, Bille Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs in straight sets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

They made a movie about it starring Emma Stone and Steve Carell. It comes out later this year.

How does this related to Serena? She's destroy anyone. McEnroe hasn't been relevant since the Reagan Administration.

tl;dr He cannot be serious.

>Channel Nine journalist and 3AW host Tony Jones took things a step further, saying he feels Serena could beat one player in particular on the men’s circuit — Australian Nick Krygios.

>“I agree with him on one point — I think she would beat Nick Krygios,” Jones told 3AW.

>"I say that because she has a power game, there’s no doubt about that.

>“But he touched on something that is more important, especially when you’re playing something like Nick Kyrgios whose brittle above the shoulders — it’s a mind game as well.

>“Her mental strength alone would see her get the better of someone like Nick Krygios — I’d back her in.”
We should have another battle of the sexes to see Monkyrgios get BTFO

wtf i like serena now

this post shows that this argument has been around forever, even in a meaningless, dumbass sport like tennis.

people had the same argument pre-internet, Bobby Riggs was a known misogynist and asshole, Billie Jean King shut him the fuck down.

The men and women's game is different, but there is no male who has been as dominant in his sport (except maybe Jordan) as Serena is in hers.

To say "oh she's just a female" doesn't have any bearing on it, you're just saying you don't like women.

Billie Jean cheated. The entire affair was one big orchestrated propaganda campaign.

Headline is misleading itself

It seems as if he just randomly said this to be mean

The SJW interviewer asked him "why do you qualify it as best FEMALE tennis player, not just best tennis player?" and that was his response

THIS ISNT A PUBLICITY STUNT

THE INTERVIEWER LITERALLY ASKED HIM WHY SHE IS ONLY THE BEST FEMALE BUT NOT OVERALL PLAYER

Riggs was ancient by the time he took that match.

He tanked it though and he had a famous gambling problem

based Johnny MacEnroe

>Pulling the mysoggyknee card
Just reddit things tee-hee

Ok lets not get carried away

This. Fucking virginlosers

Unironically this. Its like saying mayweather isnt the goat even though hed get KOd by a heavyweight

>mayweather
>GOAT

lmao

It's more like a game than a sport, like baseball

>draws half the viewers
Stop

The only people that think a woman could hang with a man probably never played any sports.

Tell me someone else whos 50-0 and has a belt in 5 classes?

Idk I just don't take tennis as a sport dominated by physicality.

>hand-picked tomatocan fights
>run for 12 rounds
>being this much of a casual "Fight Finder" faggot

kys my man

Absolutely based
He was fucking old at this point to boot

It's literally a fact that the 400th best men's player in the world comfortably beat Venus and Serena Williams in the same day while drinking beer in between sets. The Williams sisters are terrific athletes, two of the best female tennis players ever. But they're still women.

Idk why this is so hard for women to accept. Like if you look at other sports, the US's 14-year old boys soccer team beat the adult womens team 8 to 0. The US women's hockey team trains by playing against high school boys and they usually lose. I'm sure there are similar examples from other countries, but I'm only going by what I've seen in the news here.

did they ever settle the equal pay/prize money debate?

>Someone unironically believes this

She wouldn't win a point against Federer

Plus if Federer went godmode in front of her she'd become so demoralised she'd hang up her racket

>implying Federer wouldn't hit 50% of his shots into the net as usual

Battle of the Sexes IV?

That was 2013 - 2016 Fed desu

So what you are saying is Pele is the GOAT? Or maybe some other amateur that scored 5000 against literally whos?

The gap in meme sports like Archery, Darts and Snooker is probably smaller (but still exists).
Equestrian perhaps?

>Demoralised
>When she makes the same money as him
It would be federer who'd get demoralised

Court played during a time with far less competition that Williams has. She's a national treasure here (barring her "kill all the gays" agenda), but anyone who actively follows tennis knows Williams is all round a better player.
>We should have another battle of the sexes to see Monkyrgios get BTFO
I'd watch that. But I doubt Krygios (or any male star) would take that game lightly. Nobody wants to be beaten by a girl.

Well, she should clearly play the world number 500 now.

Federer's got so much fucking money I doubt he gives a fuck any more

Women make less than men except at the 4 Majors.

still make a shit load
totalsportek.com/tennis/atp-career-prize-money-leaders/

>
that comment section

That woman in a wheelchair went undefeated her whole career in wheelchair tennis

It was literally them trying to prove this. They gloated they could beat man ranked 200+, and they couldn't.

Not to mention Braasch was an absolutely shite tennis player. The dude literally made waffles during breaks as he beat them both.

I like this reply. It's vague enough so that she doesn't have to commit to saying he's wrong while still affording him the old cranky legend respect he earned from his years as a pro. Very diplomatic.

How good was Mac in his prime? There's a movie coming out soon with Shia playing him.

its 2017, you cant say anything about women or non whites

we are all equal, some are just more equal

dems 2020